• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread Version 5

Xanax/Alprazolam is extremely euphoric for me because for 7-8 years of clinically diagnosed anxiety, agoraphobia. panic attacks and depression it feels like I can go out worry free and do what regular people do. Although I wouldn't recommend it.

It was my last option and I am very thankful of it.

I can go out and reconnect with my former self.

I blame my psychological issues on cannabis abuse at a young age. 3 grams smoked through a bong in a few hours.

Cannabis can be terrible to the growing brain of an adolescent and you won't notice the damage it causes until years maybe even a decade later like myself.

Last edited:
The best and worst thing that ever happened to me was discovering Benzos.
(Besides dabbling as a young naive teen, taking the occasional alprazolam or lorazepam for experiments sake).
Started off taking diazepam for general anxiety and panic attacks and oxazepam for sleep, straight away was prescribed 20mg diazepam and 60mg oxazepam per day. Over the course of the next six months, I stumbled across alprazolam, and on top of my scripted diaz and oxaz, I then started taking 4-6mg of alprazolam a day. I moved to America, where benzos are 100x easier to get than where I'm from and before you know it, I'm depending on 20+mg of alprazolam a day. I'll never remember most of those years, and I am still currently in recovery after tapering myself down over the past three years and am currently on 6mg clonazepam and 20mg diazepam a day, and still in the process of tapering off.

The reason I say a love/hate relationship is because, they got me out of bed and back to who I thought I was again, a sociable person that loved to be productive and socialize and get shit done. Which, if I had have seen what path I was taking, and stopped abusing them recreationally, I think I wouldn't have lost as much as I did and would have prospered a lot more than I have. The flip side is, it ruined a best friendship of over 10 years, 2 of which we were engaged and intending on getting married when I fell down the barrel, too many friendships and networking relationships I had created, family, and the deaths of friends that I made within that world.

I still wish, every day, that I could pop a couple bars, or a few kpins and kick back and know i'd be higher than a kite.. Now, they ironically just make me anxious at the thought of running out, no matter how many I may have.

Hi all :)

It would be nice to get xannies again
I've been taking valproate which I prefer to any rx benzo (can I get a script for midazolam, pretty please?)
I prefer classic alcohol to any of the shit left, lorazepam is all body and the others have too long of a half-life.

I use valproate to avoid seizures. And it stoped some mania I was going through last year.

But it as a benzo replacement? Really?

Has anyone tried Terapia Rambaxy 10mg? Not sure what i think, got them after a long benzo break and they just sort of make me tired, nothing like i remember :(

Yeah. I take valproate and benzos. So..........

dont think you caught my drift.

(As a health warning, I would read the last sentence first, as the following is quite the waste of time for anyone with anything else to actually do) \/ \/ + /\ /\ = \o/

The best and worst thing that ever happened to me was discovering Benzos... Now, they ironically just make me anxious at the thought of running out, no matter how many I may have

this this this this

As I was a complete drug pig by the age if 16 (although my obsession with electronic music dated pre -dated, going back to 1989, it complemented, primed and encouraged my morbid fascination with drugs) by 18 my use was recklessly excessive, taking huge amounts of ecstasy and amphetamines while out dancing. 7am was always too early and if organised after hours could not be found then I would drag my posse back to wherever the music and drug usage would be tolerated, usually at my flat (which I shared with my partner) and while everybody were more than willing participants, I would be the last to get bored, both from my need of the music and from the anxiety that the resulting hangover would entail.

Although I remained ok as long as I was out and high the weekending, combined with continuous cannabis abuse, saw my head crumble piece by piece until 2001, where the combination of all of this raving, the pressure of my degree (which had a year remaining) and the (possibly irrational?) paranoia of being drafted, blown up or generally armegotted following the 9/11 attacks saw my head to the verge of explosion, when a sympathetic friend (my behaviour while ridiculous was hardly unique in the late 90's / early millennial UK) started to evangelise about the wonders of nitrazepam, presenting me with a strip of 10mg tablets, describing them as the perfect solution for managing stimulant cessation.

As I was by now the most neurotic mess, unable to smoke weed without becoming anxious within minutes (although as a thicko and junky that still did not stop me), my initial test drive occurred on an average week day- I had been to uni, then work, not smoked any cannabis and in general was feeling OK, the standard by now being constantly frightened of having a heart attack or stroke when otherwise unoccupied. Naturally though, as I had decided to try one of the tablets mid evening, knowing that their primary use was as a hypnotic, still virgin as I was to the anxiolytic effects of a GABAergic beyond the short relief occasionally provided by alcohol, which I have never preferred over any other drug.

The rest of the story is pretty self explanatory, notwithstanding the ludicrous and equally unnecessary TL:DR wodj above to get as far as here - chronic anxiety in a drug user that a; does not wish to give up drugs and b; finds another drug that is not only not unpleasant but that provided complete and total relief sort of ends up getting stuck in the middle somewhere here or their but just having access to them when needed (DOC naturally became diazepam as they were the easiest to obtain and the moment - post - post rave session) saw me sort myself out and return to some kind of balance, I still got fucked up but using more sensible amounts of e and whizz (I have never rated cocaine as a dance drug) and ganja.

But it just enabled me to continue using drugs and as the release of tension soon became an attraction in its own, only just behind following dancing and fucking, it only took one Sunday session about 5 years later when my friend, who was living in my spare room (my parter and I had a house by this time) thought it would be just total shits and giggles to go down to the local pub, while I was asleep following a couple of 2mg c-pams, to buy us all a couple of wraps of heroin. We all loved getting high anyway and as I was by now 25 I understood how moronic regular use of the drug could be....

....it only took about 18 months following its incorporation into the rave - weekend party pack when, following a personal tragedy and disaster, I found my doctor sending me off work for 6 months from neurotic illness. Isolated, depressed and fucking loaded I lasted a fortnight before using heroin. I think it was at least 4 months after this that I woke up one morning without and less than an hour to get some through need as much as desire.

That was 13 - 14 years ago and although some years have been better than others I am presently stuck on methadone and still use benzodiazepines multiple times a week (I prefer long acting drugs as there is no need to re - dose but still love them all, although I have never had the pleasure of nimetazepam or flunitrazepam) stopping only to force tolerance breaks.

Sorry for crashing the thread with that rant but I have been smoking crack and get carried away like this a lot.

^No, that's an interesting and relatable story. Do you get any withdrawal from your use of benzos? Personally, I simply cannot touch them- ever time, the end result is me with days of trippy, confusing, really strong anxiety with borderline panic states, lotsa trembling, muscle spasms, crazy nausea and sweating, and even sometimes seizures (though I do have epilepsy).

Not a great concern though; I have come to really dislike the effects, which are of a similar tone and nature to a deep deoressive state. I used to love it; I remember one of the first times I got really high off benzos, It was a 2mg bar of Xanax that my weed dealer gave me- I didn't realise it was intended to be split into 4 x 500ug doses, and just swallowed the whole thing on the way home from the weed run, and I was just amazed at how within maybe 7 minutes, this perfect, deep, quiet calm just descended on me. I managed the drive home, smoked some DMT and weed and slept like a baby all night. Woke the next day with mind racing :| Still, I managed to get myself badly hooked on them a few years later- that is a whole 'nother story of sorrow and shame . . .

^No, that's an interesting and relatable story. Do you get any withdrawal from your use of benzos? Personally, I simply cannot touch them- ever time, the end result is me with days of trippy, confusing, really strong anxiety with borderline panic states, lotsa trembling, muscle spasms, crazy nausea and sweating, and even sometimes seizures (though I do have epilepsy).

Not a great concern though; I have come to really dislike the effects, which are of a similar tone and nature to a deep deoressive state. I used to love it; I remember one of the first times I got really high off benzos, It was a 2mg bar of Xanax that my weed dealer gave me- I didn't realise it was intended to be split into 4 x 500ug doses, and just swallowed the whole thing on the way home from the weed run, and I was just amazed at how within maybe 7 minutes, this perfect, deep, quiet calm just descended on me. I managed the drive home, smoked some DMT and weed and slept like a baby all night. Woke the next day with mind racing :| Still, I managed to get myself badly hooked on them a few years later- that is a whole 'nother story of sorrow and shame . . .

Cheers for taking the time to read as regardless I will always use 6 words in a sentence when only 2 are necessary.

I do get moderate withdrawal symptoms when taking breaks as I often use them daily for months at a time and I am afraid that despite how more subtle and gradual it is compared to when I first developed a heroin dependency (just woke up in a full blown rattle) it must be kindling somewhat by now. I experience tinnitus, feel depersonalised along with the return of all the catastrophic thoughts, which may have some basis as I am know almost 40.

The only concession I am making at the moment is ensuring at least a couple of days break every week along with doses that are relatively low for me (I can get good effect from 20mg diazepam where at points over the years I would often take doses much higher, thinking nothing of 6mg clonazepam for a rave comedown and when the RC's appeared I would regularly use clonitrazolam and flubromazpam taking 2mgs and 50mgs respectively or more.

The only positive thing is that I am in good contact with my DSP and as such should be hopefully be able to access treatment if it completely gets away from me. Although I do not use it as much xanax is the only short acting benzo I can easily get and when I do take it would not even bother with anything under a mg. If I was to average out the last 9 months use (when I last took a good 3 week break) I am probably using = 7.5 - 10mg of diazepam daily which while not as bad as some situations is still safely within the problem potential zone.

Steewith2ees I can very much relate too a large proportion of your post. Thanks for posting that.

For the purpose of the thread i wont write another long post, as it would be simular (but of course not the same) too the above post.

In reply too OP's question. For me personly, Temazepam provides the best euphoria only when both these points are valid:
1. It hasnt been used in at least a few months.
2. Is used in much larger doses than prescribed, for the recreational euphoria one is chasing. More so than any other benzo imo. *Note for HR reasons NOBODY should abuse prescribed medications for non clinical use!**

I will add this, even though its very hard too come accross these days (but IS around) My all time favorite benzo which is in a whole new leage above anything is Nimetazepam. Been discussed a few times on here over the years so I wont go on about it. No longer "legally manufactued" with I believe Japan being the last country in 2015 too ban prescribing. However, I dont know how obviously but my guess is there are chemists making it underground in Asia as its popular there and whats in asia often ends up in Australia as we all know.

Placing 5mg (which is the only *real* pharm pressed ammount) pink tablet under the tounge (A must with this benzo) results in extream euphoria. Some rate it on par with a mild MDMA level feel minus Mdmas other effects.

I wouldnt go that far, but the euphoria is Definantly miles above any other benzo and benzo/combos.

Be safe all!
AT

Euphoria for me from benzos occur when I’m in dire need of them.

When I get to that point there are certain ones that blast my anxiety away quicker than others.

The relief hence equals some some kind of euphoria.

Temaz has done this for me in the past, high dose as andyturbo mentioned. But that’s with a general tolerance. And the euphoria didn’t last long.

It’s occurred for me with others, but only fast acting ones.

Pressence of well-being from diaz wouldn’t be rated as euphoric for me. Slow to kick in. But does what I want from a benzo.

But chasing euphoria from benzos can be a hard door to open when compared with some good MDMA....

I agree with freedome, I only experience true euphoria from benzos when shit hits the fan. Everytime I have benzos in hospital they hit me way harder than any other situation and I feel it's due to the relief. Even diaz does the trick

Seconded, thirded, whatever.

The only really positive effect I find that benzos generally have on mood is when used to relieve high anxiety states as soon as the wave of anxiolysis swoops in.

Otherwise, I often find them to be quite dysphoric when taken on their own and although I find I can mitigate this with cannabis it can often be a waste of weed as they dampen the effect and require one to smoke more.

I find that the only one with consistent recreational value is temazepam and to a slightly lesser extent, midazolam, but neither are of use as practical anxiolytics and, especially in the the case of temazepam, they leave me so rubbered I come across as drunk and usually cannot resist sleeping while they are in effect.

The only really positive effect I find that benzos generally have on mood is when used to relieve high anxiety states as soon as the wave of anxiolysis swoops in.

Otherwise, I often find them to be quite dysphoric when taken on their own and although I find I can mitigate this with cannabis it can often be a waste of weed as they dampen the effect and require one to smoke more”

I am getting to that point now. It has changed for me from how it was the first few months. Now only good for high stress situations or putting me to sleep.

^You are going to want to be careful with that combo. Keep doses of both small, like a half of your normal dose of each. Benzos will potentiate the respirtatory depression from opiates, and will increase disinhibition.

I won't say not to do it, I used to enjoy a light dose of temazepam with 600mg of codeine, was very tolerant to both though. But, I started to notice the benzo mitigating any of the euphoria and motivation that opiates gave me, so I stopped combining the two. It seems like a waste.

Otherwise, I often find them to be quite dysphoric when taken on their own and although I find I can mitigate this with cannabis it can often be a waste of weed as they dampen the effect and require one to smoke more”

I am getting to that point now. It has changed for me from how it was the first few months. Now only good for high stress situations or putting me to sleep.

I agree really, benzos are really dysphoric and just induce this uneasy malaise in me. As with you, I used to enjoy that wave of cool that would rush over you when anxious and having consumed a benzo. I used to mistake that for euphoria; fortunately, I have come to really dislike benzos and avoid the at all costs.