• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread Version 5

Some benzos, IMO, are more prone to that flatness after-effect than others. If you're seriously in need of help for anxiety (and a lot of people are), it might be worth talking to a GP or someone with the capacity to prescribe. If you can find a half-way open-minded GP, you could tell them you've had diazepam once or twice and while it helped in the immediate term, it left you feeling depressed after, and possibly you can be prescribed something else.

This doesn't help, because I'm going to mention an RC benzo and we cannot recommend that people try looking for or sourcing and importing illegal things, BUT I will mention "pyrazolam", sheerly for the for the fact that of all the benzos I've tried, I found that one to do NOTHING but remove anxiety, and have the least side-effects. Honestly, I don't know why such a benzo hasn't been put into mainstream use as a legitimate medication because it's so non-recreational, yet so effective at what it's supposed to do.

My cynical side thinks that perhaps big pharma don't want anything that's unlikely to keep people coming back for more. See: alprazolam. Now THAT is a benzo that seems tailor-made for creating raging addictions which are extremely hard to escape from. It's benzo crack, IMO.

Also perhaps have a look into mirtazipine, a legally (and fairly commonly prescribed) anti-depressant. It's very different from typical SSRIs/SNRIs in that it is quite sedating and can help with anxiety while supposedly helping with depression also - and those two darlings go hand in hand.

Mirtaz didn't work out much for me, it made me very sleepy but didn't help the depression at all - even stacked on top of 100mg sertraline per day (this was done with the advice and recommendation of a GP, BTW). Still, most GPs will throw any anti-depressant at you way quicker than they'll agree to script you any benzos.

Good luck, floating.

PS. I empathise with your "I never learn" comment. I don't think it's a question of learning entirely, though, so don't beat yourself up too much. If you're anxious and depressed, then obviously you're going to use something that provides respite. Anyone who suffers from severe depression knows that if you have the coice - if there's a pill in front of you - then there's little to no chance that you'll be able to say "Well, perhaps tomorrow I'll take it. I think I'll just go ahead with feeling shit all day today again"... When is it a good time to feel depressed? It's a waste of life.

So after some advice I received on here in another thread I decided to visit my GP to discuss a taper plan. I'd previously been using for nearly two months everyday now on average around 30mg diazepam a day, some days no diazepam but the equivalent dose in either oxazepam or temazepam. My GP flat out refused to discuss a taper plan with me. I have tried every SSRI/SNRI known to man as well as cognitive behavioral therapy and nothing has worked. After basically being told I'd have to learn to "deal with it" I moved onto the black market to source benzos where I'd previously bought the odd xanax to have on hand for an acute panic attack. After diazepam working so well with a new job and being very mild in regards to sedation and inebriation I continued to use it every day. After a few months I feel i've built what I need to from the drug and decided it was time to move on. I have plenty of diazepam, oxazepam and temazepam to taper off with but my GP, without even knowing that I have these stashed away refuses to believe I need to taper off. He actually insisted I start my third attempt at lexapro and go cold turkey on the benzos.

Do I need to see another GP? I've known this one for the last 10 years and he's always been very understanding, but after taking advice I received on here in regards to speaking to my GP to organise a tapering plan, I've now lost all his trust and he flat-out refuses to help me. I have asked previously and was told no-one can answer me and to speak with my GP, but now that I've done so without any help and actual dangerous advice, can someone please show me how to taper safely or atleast point me in the right direction. I'm not at risk of ever running out and it's definitely not a mental addiction as the only benzos i've ever actually enjoyed recreationally is alprazolam. I just need a taper plan for someone that's used on average 30mg of diazepam every day for almost two months so that I have a rough guideline of how much to decrease per day/week etc. In the last two weeks or so I've decreased my dosage and have been only eating 10mg when I feel severe physical withdrawals take effect, which can sometimes be for a day or two due to diazepam's half-life. Is this a smart way to taper off or is this only scratching the itch to keep myself comfortable? How do I successfully do this without ruining my professional life or those around me?

The advice you were given about the GP was poor. Very few GP's know about tapering from benzo's and now you are possibly flagged, at least by you're long standing GP.

Whatever tapering plan you decide on there are a few rules to follow (a GP will not give you them, or even give you the opposite):

1. Never cut down to the next level until YOU are ready, not when a plan or GP says so.
2. If a cut down was a bit early/harsh, suck it up and do not go back up even if it means staying at that level for longer.
3. You cannot take a few extra if you are having a bad day.

Good Luck. You will get some good advice here, you just have to recognise it.

I can't take benzos like I used to. What I mean by that is when I take them(no matter the dosage) a day or toe after dosing I will always cop a bit of depression and a 'low'. I used to be able to eat massive amounts of benzos with no side effects at all. Is anyone else this way? If you eat 20 mg of Valium say, will you be 'down' and feeling depressed a couple days after dosing?[/QUOTE

^^ i feel great the next day. if i was to be expecting a stressful day tomorrow, i would take 10-20mg valium before bed. stops the fretting before sleepy time, and the half life makes the net days stresses easier to deal with.

Yeh it's not so much the next day after using benzos it's the following days once they leave my system. For example, the last time I ate benzos was 20 mg of Valium on a Saturday night. I didn't start feeling depressed till the Tuesday.

Buy sheer luck I got my hands on some etizolam and diclazepam.
The diclazepam is a nice anxiety killer (i really don't give a fuck after a 1mg pill) as well as having a a comfortable mild wooziness, sleep is no problem too but I wouldn't say they make you sleepy, just relaxed.
Still haven't tried the etizolam.
Being a benzo noob I liked the diclazepam, but it gets mixed reviews, to be honest i like it a little more than I should so gonna be careful with this stuff.

Hi Guys today I got a new 2mg alprazolam, it looks almost exactly like the old xanax bottle in size color etc and the tablets are exactly the same size taste etc and marked with
" U 94" I don't have access to my original Xanax right at the moment because they are stashed away but I believe they were U94? or were they UP94?
They are made by Ascent Phramacy and called Ralozam. Do you think these could be left over Pfizer stock, they look identical?

Hi all,
I've been prescribed an arsenal of Benzo's to help with the symptoms related to my illness (physical illness due to a surgical error requiring me to receive IV minerals ie. Calcium Glucanade, Magnesium and so on weekly in a hospital). My point is, I have an infinite supply of Benzo's. I currently take 30mg Valium 7.5mg Lorazapam 50mg Temazepam - daily. Now I know this is odd but as an experiment I didn't take any Bemzo's for 2 weeks, I had them at hand if I got withdrawals but this never happened. I never had any indication of withdrawal, it's puzzling.

Some symptoms can be psychological especially with weak ones like temazepam and valium, get addicted to high doses of alprazolam and tell me you have no indications of physical withdrawls. Lorazepam can be a heavy hitter for bad physical effects I have heard. Good luck mate, your posts sound like you are playing with a fire with a jerrycan of fuel by your side. No offence, just wish you the best

Feel like i pushed my limits Etizolam the past couple of weeks. Started to notice very minor withdrawal, or after-effects.

anything can get you sort-of nervous,I felt a bit off-balance, the ground felt slightly like water.. mood swings(depression), just a couple of sleepless nights.. (got few hours each night). And it almost feels like the 'come-up' of an LSD trip. you know, your senses increased, things seem a bit different. But its not bad at all, I'm noticing these minor effects get much better on 3rd day.

the 6 days mephedrone usage the week before every night didn't help. which increased etiz usage.. i don't think it took Etizolam every night though.

went for a run before. hope i feel better tomorrow.

I find benzos the most insidious substances in the drug world.

You get a couple xan bars and vallies here and there, and you don't notice, but you look back and realise how over the top you've been going. You might even be legitimately be addicted and not know it.

Benzos have a great place when you really need sleep or suffer sever panic attacks - otherwise introducing them as a general habit of taking them is extremely dangerous.

I had 5 bars yesterday - I told myself i'd only use about half a bar yesterday to celebrate getting them. Ended up eating the whole bar. Said oh well, I'll just keep it to once a week.

Here i am having consumed another whole bar over the course of the day.

Sheeh...

I find benzos the most insidious substances in the drug world.

Agreed. They are the pringles of the drug world. The first one has the most noticeable subjective effect, and then after that you can kind of sink into a pool of apathy where it's like you're taking more to try to feel something, anything. Benzos suck as recreational drugs.

If you're extremely anxious and you take a benzo, then the relief - the contrast - can be like euphoria. But that's about it, IMO. And the worst thing about it is that taking more doesn't seem to be doing anything much, but it most certainly is doing something... you'll only notice how much it's done when it wears off and you get the rebound effects.

Shocking, shocking drugs to try and play with.

Tried some 1mg etizolam recently, they really perk me up and relax my mind a lot. They are very easy to indulge in, went from 2 a day to 4-5 a day in 3 days, please be warned people, etizolam is a great benzo substitute but from the general consensus from regula r etizolam users before you know it you've eaten a massive amount and will have very little memory of what happened

In the paSt 4 days I've taken 45, 20, 20, 25mg of Diaz. Prior to that I hadn't taken any in weeks. I don't have any intention of taking any for at least a week, and if I do, I don't plan on hitting it so hard.

Can I expect any with withdrawl or negative symptoms in the coming Days?

Tried some 1mg etizolam recently, they really perk me up and relax my mind a lot. They are very easy to indulge in, went from 2 a day to 4-5 a day in 3 days, please be warned people, etizolam is a great benzo substitute but from the general consensus from regula r etizolam users before you know it you've eaten a massive amount and will have very little memory of what happened

Can you even get etizolam in Australia? Under what brand name? I was doing a bit of research into effects for harm reduction purposes but can't find reference to it on Australian consumer information sites like MyDr...

Note this is not a sourcing request

its strange, I was prescribed xanax for flight anxiety. If I take some, it takes about 2mg to feel anything, but the next day i feel sickall day. Such a shit drug. I spoke to my doctore, said I think vzlium is a safer drug, but she instisted xanax was safer. I have the feeling she didnt know what she was talking about. Xhat about ambien... is this a safer drug?

Managed to kill any benzo dependency from etizolam (this time) - just kept diluting it, but not really keeping track of how diluted it was. Wouldn't recommend it as it's not a good idea to have drugs of unknown potency around - but it worked awesome for me. I still have the bottle but it must be at homoeopathic amounts by now - purely placebo/security blanket dosing now. Last dose was 5 days ago and I feel good.

Helped having it in PG (which tastes awful to me) and only having a syringe that can do 1ml max.

Having a benzo break for the foreseeable future. Will remember a simple process for next time though - just asking myself 'am I calm?' and breathing slowly for maybe ten seconds to assess, not much help to people with whopping dependencies but it seemed to help me overdoing it. So easy to take way more than you need when you're sitting on a supply and end up killing the practicality of using it as an effective anti-anxiety med.

Last edited:
Can you even get etizolam in Australia? Under what brand name? I was doing a bit of research into effects for harm reduction purposes but can't find reference to it on Australian consumer information sites like MyDr...

Note this is not a sourcing request
Nah, I don't think etizolam are prescribed here, the ones I had were rc type tiny pills with a blue coating and white inside. I was told they were pressed with 1-1.1mg etizolam, they seemed pretty good quality.