• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread Version 5

Thanks Crank. I had vodka on hand and read that even though it's not the strongest it will still suspend the etizolam. I ended up adding an extra 50 ml of vodka to my already 25 ml of water.

Tbph I think I'm just gonna count this as a loss. I'll try one more dose and see if the vodka worked, but I'm probabaly going to throw it out and know better for the future.

I sourced the oldschool pez lollies and each one had 1 mg of etizolam on it and they were bloody fantastic. I thought by getting more of em they would come in pez lollies again but when I got the bag it was 25 mg of pure powder and I didn't properly research how to dose it properly before chucking it in water.

Ah well what can ya do.

I found the powder useless as well. It dissolved perfectly in vodka, but I ended up dosing 500mg over the course of a single afternoon and felt nothing. Not sure if I just got ripped off, but the source had been reliable in the past.

Interesting. I don't think I'll buy powder ever again. It's just a hassle and so much easier when they come individually dosed.

Have you ever come across it dropped onto tabs or lollies, Crankinit? Etizolam is pure bliss.

Also the thing I found confusing was as soon as I dropped the powder into the water after 5 seconds it had fully dissolved. Can something dissolve in a liquid but at the same time not be soluble in that liquid?

I found the powder useless as well. It dissolved perfectly in vodka, but I ended up dosing 500mg over the course of a single afternoon and felt nothing. Not sure if I just got ripped off, but the source had been reliable in the past.

Sounds like you got ripped off for sure. Frustrating.

Powder is great value for money and easy enough to dose. I prefer tablets though...just a bit easier to gauge how much you're taking, how much is left..etc.

Recently got some Pez dosed with etizolam. Works pretty nicely but can't imagine it's an ideal way of taking it...not sure if the candy soaks it up fully.

Interesting. I don't think I'll buy powder ever again. It's just a hassle and so much easier when they come individually dosed.

Have you ever come across it dropped onto tabs or lollies, Crankinit? Etizolam is pure bliss.

Also the thing I found confusing was as soon as I dropped the powder into the water after 5 seconds it had fully dissolved. Can something dissolve in a liquid but at the same time not be soluble in that liquid?

No. I've put etizolam into water before and it just stayed clumped together...wouldn't dissolve even with stirring. Sounds like you got something else...or maybe just extremely cut etiz.

That's fucked, mine dissolved within seconds. Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused for a while over that and couldn't find a specific answer.

I sourced some pez last week and they were brilliant. Although I also wonder how well they absorb the liquid and the time it takes.

Christ! - What have you used to drop liquid doses onto in the past when you've got the powder? Or do you keep it in a liquid and dose it that way?

Christ is right normal h2o and etizolam are not friends. Cut crap which is pretty much 50% or greater on a product as effective per mg as etizolam. Just Google solubility of etizolam in solution or something. Something should turn up. Meanwhile ditch the source with H2O (aqueous solvent) soluable etizolam its probably not worth ingesting. HR says not good... Cut... Cut with what? Salt?

Gold Coast doctors are awful! i was on holidays there for 2 weeks, could not sleep... seen 2 doctors couldn't even get one tab of anything out of them. one gave me a tiny sample after i begged him.

Christ! - What have you used to drop liquid doses onto in the past when you've got the powder? Or do you keep it in a liquid and dose it that way?

Always kept it as a liquid. I use Propylene glycol which is the same thing they use in hospital with ampoules of benzos. Can grab some pretty cheap from any e-cig website.

Last month i ordered forty one mg tiz and thirty milliliters of one mg to one ml tiz solution. I prefer the tabs over the liquid anyday as it is easier to dose without the temptation of just taking an un measured swig from the bottle. I went through all seventy mgs in five days and used temazepam to ward off any detox. Please remember that i am not benzo naive and that dosage did nothing other than put me in an anxiety free state.

I tried Phenazepam the other day and it just made me want to sleep. was pretty shit IMO! Etizolam and Clonazepam are my benzos of choice!

Yeah phenaz is good for knocking yourself out through moderate opi w/d's and not much else.

Phenazepam is horrible stuff. Lingers for days, takes hours to take effect IME

Does anyone have experience using therapeutic dosages of DXM to prevent/reduce benzo tolerance?

I've found it has some efficacy with opiate use, and want to know if it's worth it with benzos.

I did a search out of curiosity and Mr Blonde posted a link to an article regarding the matter:
Effect of NMDA antagonists on rapid tolerance to benzodiazepines
Although I think you've got to pay for the paper, I couldn't find it for free.

However, I dug this one up: NMDA Antagonists and Tolerance to Drugs Affecting the Central Nervous System and that has a paragraph about the interactions with Benzo's and NMDA Antagonists. The study seemed somewhat conclusive in that NMDA Antagonists may block tolerance so perhaps its worth a shot? Although they used Ketamine instead of DXM in their study. I'm no pharmacologist so I cannot comment any further, sorry! The paper was an interesting read though.

Benzodiazepines can cause lots of negative effects if you just quit taking them it is never recommended to do so

I did a search out of curiosity and Mr Blonde posted a link to an article regarding the matter:
Effect of NMDA antagonists on rapid tolerance to benzodiazepines
Although I think you've got to pay for the paper, I couldn't find it for free.

However, I dug this one up: NMDA Antagonists and Tolerance to Drugs Affecting the Central Nervous System and that has a paragraph about the interactions with Benzo's and NMDA Antagonists. The study seemed somewhat conclusive in that NMDA Antagonists may block tolerance so perhaps its worth a shot? Although they used Ketamine instead of DXM in their study. I'm no pharmacologist so I cannot comment any further, sorry! The paper was an interesting read though.

Awesome finds there, thank you.

I have been on Benzo-therapy for over 20 years...this is a short list of things I found notable & interesting. Again, just my experiences, we all react slightly different, but I've seen these same observations with several people.
1- Xan's - WONDERFUL...when your anxiety levels are rising above your baseline therapy, ie panic attack. Quick to get on top of the panic attack & get things under control... HORRIBLE DEMON, if it's your baseline treatment. Too many peaks & valleys (I'm a HUGE fan of Extended/Sustained/Time-Release medications!!! I HATE the drop off crashes, anxiety over getting your next dose, etc. Much rather build a "slow hump", action once a day as opposed to "3 to 4 times daily")
2- Diazepam - Not euphoric to me at all, actually can't really tell when it "kicks in" or not. Due to it's lipid solubility & long half-life/second metabolism, it builds up in your system (like Librum), forming a wonderful baseline treatment for me personally. Started with 3 a day & a few Xan's on hand for panic attacks, 6 years later, take 2 daily, & have had not experienced any withdrawal or increased anxiety. Also very helpful with torn rotator cuff related, muscle spasms. Have missed a dose a couple times, only realizing it when I went for my second tablet for the day, no increase of anxiety or agitation.
3- K'pins - Decent, works well for some, felt very much like a Xan at the beginning, but had a slower, much more drawn out let off leaving my head foggy. Just not my favorite.
4- Lorazepam - Pretty much a joke in my opinion. Way too short acting without having any sedative/hypnotic properties, & required way more than the prescribed dose to quell a panic attack, & felt as though it had a "rebound effect" feeling where I felt worse off than before taking it. A dozen or so mg's, a great benzo-buzz for about 45 minutes.
5- Temazepam - An absolutely FANTASTIC benzo for sleep aid, with sedative/hypnotic properties! The one thing that I have to take while shutting off the TV & lights in the living room, on my way to the bed, & get in it asap. Other hypnotics (Ambien/Sonata/Lunesta - HORRIBLE TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH!!!), I would take, lay down, stare at the TV, get up for a snack, roll over, back over, & finally doze off. I take 30mg, out in 15 - 20 minutes, get a solid 6 - 6.5 hours, wake up refreshed, no fog, ready to go! Also a bit fun if you fight the drowsiness or split the capsule (30mg)...nice warm, "giggly"/happy, care free feeling euphoria & nods. :)
6- Triazolam - If you can find a physician who will prescribe them, or ever run across them (not suggesting or advocating illegal activities or drug abuse/misuse) & pick some up...welcome to the world of "Big Boy Benzo's"! In .25 or .5mg tablets, mentally (at least I did) your mind thinks "half mg of Xan...etc"...WRONG. The only thing I have ever experienced with more next day "WOW", was Rohypnol when I was in Europe. You won't feel it coming on ya, no warning at all. It's take it...10 minutes later, feel like you're getting close to feeling like you're going into a "K-hole". If you absolutely, positively, have got to knock your rear out NOW, here ya go. Like Rohypnol (and Temazepam to a certain extent), very fast acting, very sedating & very "zoned out"/hypnotic feeling, with no next day fog, & you're able to "regain your composer", after just a couple hours of taking it.
7- Librum - Much like Diazepam, with less muscle relaxant properties, NO euphoria, lipid soluble & long acting with second metabolism & half-life. Works great, to my understanding, in alcohol related DT's in high enough doses (after IV Lorazepam to stop the convulsions or seizures), when used & tapered off properly. Otherwise, even for basic GAD treatment, pretty much like a long acting Lorazepam...a sugar pill in my opinion.
After my 20+ years of prescribed Benzo-therapy, ranging from all of the above except Halcion, for me, I have found success & relief with 10mg of Diazepam @ 3x daily, 30mg Temazepam @ 1x daily at bedtime, & 1mg Alprazolam @ 1/2 - 1 tablet as needed for panic attack, in combination with 50mg Pristiq (SSNRI) @ 1x daily of morning...to the point, at my most recent doctor appointment, I asked to reduce the Diazepam to 10mg Diazepam @ 2x daily, 30mg Temazepam at night, & RARELY take a Xan, even more rare do I take a whole 1mg, usually half & I'm good :)
There have been others that I admit I fiddled with for rec purposes, & found there is so little difference among them, especially the same family types of benzos, it's not worth the risk to the stability of my condition, not worth the risk for a similar buzz as what I could get with my prescriptions, & not worth the legal risk to, again, get a very similar feeling to that of what I have legally. Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
^Are you from Australia? It seems highly unlikely that a doctor here would put a person on a benzo-treatment plan for 20 years...actually, it doesn't matter what country you're from, twenty years of benzo (even if it's therapeutically beneficial) treatment seems like a very, very long time, which would set you up for a guaranteed life time of dependence.

You say you don't have withdrawal symptoms from years of diaz use which makes you a special anomaly for sure.

Triazolam sounds a bit like midazolam. Except I would not describe it like a k hole just the knock you the fuck out very quickly and wake up feeling dandy. Possibility of doing some dangerous/blacked out shit between taking it and getting to your resting place is probably very real. I guess similar to rohypnol but I have yet to try that as it has a bit of a bad reputation.