• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Blood in stool - plugging - didn't respect HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, dark red blood is an indication that you need to seek medical attention. It's not likely that administering drugs rectally would lead to this sort of thing. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am doubtful. Regardless, given the potential severity of the situation, we can't play doctor in trying to diagnose and treat this. As I've said, dark red blood typically implies an issue farther up in the digestive tract, as opposed to you having irritated your rectum or colon.

For this reason, the only answer to this question is that you seek medical attention. An infection that can be treated by antibiotics like Amoxicillin is a potential treatment outcome, but it's just one of many. I really put money on your use of rectal administration having nothing to do with this. An irritation of the rectum would produce fairly immediate bright red blood and pain. The dark red blood is a bad sign and you should seek medical attention for it. You don't need to tell them that you've been using drugs, as I doubt that will have a meaningful impact on how your treatment goes.

OP posted the thread in 2014, so I'm sure that he resolved the situation. I agree though that dark red blood seems like it's likely not related to plugging. Dark red blood is not rectal bleeding at all but true internal bleeding, and the cause of such bleeding needs to be evaluated by a doctor as it could be cancer or some other illness that needs urgent treatment. Also, tarry looking material is a similar type of warning sign I have heard.

Also, whether for plugging or any other reason, it's best not to stick anything with a rough surface up one's butt. It could cause serious irritation. It does not take much to cause irritation and bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.