• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

quick suboxone taper plan from 60mg roxy a day

elbarto2013

Greenlighter
Trying to kick a 60-90 a day roxy crushed habit. Been on the past 8 months and need some support to get clean. I can't stand the feeling of needing to get so many pills every day to function and the cost has became to much to sustain. I have obtained 5 suboxone 8mg strips that me and my girlfriend (who has the exact same habit) are splitting them so each of us will have 20 mg total and are planing a detox around 2 weeks

our schedule

day 1 2mg
day 2 2mg
day 3 1.75
day 4 1.75
day 5 1.5. 9mg total
day 6 1.5
day 7 1.5
day 8 1.25
day 9 1.25
day 10 1
day 11 1
day 12 .75
day 13 .75
day 14 .5
day 15 .5 19mgs
day 16 .25
day 17 0

Today we went 20 hours before our first suboxone induction we took 1.5mgs and feel better able to eat and a lot of the symptoms have been minimized. My girlfriend has to go to work all week so the plan is to make it be as easy for her as possible to make it through work. We have a holiday break starting day 9 so have some time off work if we feel sick.

looking for any support and to share our experience to help anyone else in a similar situation.

You should be fine, minimal discomfort, probably mostly psychologically (BUT everyone is different). Having off work and time to relax will be good too.
You should be good with your taper plan, my one piece of advice is that if you feel fucked up when you first take the subs (since 2mg is a tad high for 60mg oxy) than CUT the sub dose next time, no need to start higher than necessary and make it harder on yourself.

Check out the Opiate W/D thread for more help on supplements, etc you can use to ease the process.

thank you so much for the response. I wrote the schedule thinking as sort of a maximum for each day. 1.5 mg of sub seemed to stabilize us so we might just start with that and do the same dose tomorrow. We are going to try to wait as much time between doses as possible and do as little as possible too. So if we feel ok we will lessen the dose from the schedule.

Appreciate the feedback I have read so many forums preparing for this and I am happy to participate in this one myself.

elbarto, hang in there buddy if you can handle all the cramps and stomach discomfort that comes along with an oxy habit I'm confident you can handle the WDs. I was using 100 30mg oxys a day for a year or so and supplementing that with 1-300 10mg hyrdocodones and whatever xanax I could find. It took me quite a few times to really get off the pills, the last time I think was the only time that I stuck it out long enough to make it past the initial WDs.

Physical exercise and a good healthy diet(low fat and sugar, no fast food) were key for me to really staying off the pills. Try to replace that urge to get high and forget your problems with an urge to get healthy and face your problems. You won't feel any different when you are sober, minus the effects of the pills of course, but mentally you will still be you and you will have to deal with those problems that have been leading you to use.

Getting sober is not just a matter of breaking a bad habit, its replacing a bad habit with a good habit. This is a great opportunity for you to really make a difference in your own life, to get serious about your goals and start living life. No matter what focus on long term, look at where you want to be going rather than where you are. Even if you relapse it is not the end of you journey.

You'd be better off with an extra day or 2 at each level, but that taper should be fine. You induced already, right?...so its a mute point. But only doing 60-90 mg oxycodone snorted probably didn't need a full 2mg to start off. If you could've even just started at 1.5, which should have been enough for that size habit, then you would;ve been in a better position. But, I mean 2 mg isn't bad, at least you didn't think you needed 8 or something.

Realize you can also get to lower doses, by dissolving the pill or strip in water, like dissolving 2 mg in 20 cc of fluid and each cc is .1 mg. Use an oral syringe for administering babies medication.

what are you thinking you will accomplish by the tapper?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say to stop using oxycodone.

yes we did start at 1.5 actually I posted this during the induction I planned for as much as 2 to start. I took another 1.5 today I might try to do

1.5mg for 3-4 days
1.25mg 3-4 days
1mg 3-4 days
.75mg 3-4 days
.5mg 3-4 day (skipping days)
<.5mg to get off

I did find this morning (before I dosed) to have very bad stomachs pains and I clogged the toilet in one of the worst bathroom experiences of my life. Would it be a good idea to take immodium for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey elbarto I would not include this ".5mg 3-4 day (skipping days)" in your tapper plan as it will not provide any significant relief and will just cause you to be in acute withdrawl for a much longer long time. The reason this is so is beacuause we need to get all the opaites out of our system and then give it three or four days to allow the nesaary changes to happen in the brain. Whit this method you will just be getting through some parts and then you redose you jump back to where you were before you took the day off. IMO if you going to tapper I would just keep reucing the dose at whatever scedule you have picked and not skip days at all.

When I read your post about the toilet experiences I have to admit I thought back to this occurrence with me.. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. Laughing with you and not at you<3. with heavy use of opiates we sedate the muscles that keep our digestive track moving. This causes the stool to impact. As you are now reducing the dosage this process is now making up for lost time and this can get ugly.. but its better to laugh than cry and this is totally normal. If I read this right then it seems like your saying you had this awful time clearing out some significant constipation... then because the stool was so impacted it plugged the toilet? If this is the case I would use a OTC stool softener to make this much easier. docusate potassium oral Is the one I used. But no taking Imodium will cause you to be more constipated. It can be used once you are past this stage and are having diarrhea but as it is an opiate it will likely keep you in acute withdraws for longer.. but as its an opiate it will lessen those withdrawals as well.

Your doing well and making progress.. keep moving forward:D

Also If I were you I would start a journal of all these wonderful things you are exspierincing as it could be a handy thing to look through when the addiction starts whispering to you down the read on how use is such an amazing thing and your missing out.. you will just need to read through your own hand writing to realize the addiction lies. ;)

Thanks the stool softener was a very good tip! All of your responses are very helpful and thoughtful thank you.

As for me so far the taper has been as follows

1.5mg day 1
1.5mg day 2
.8mg today (took in the morning feel fine right now, hoping I can make it all night at this dose!)

depending on how the rest of tonight and tomorrow go I may adjust my plan again.

I took about .7-.8 yesterday and none all day today it is now 8:50pm I just never felt the need any day so far my schedule has been

I plan to try taking .5mg the next time I feel sick.

My question is say I stay on .5 for a few days or taper to a little less and quit from there am I going to feel the withdrawals from Roxys? Will the intensity be lessened by the subs detox?

Your doing great. expect what ever is going to hit to hit about three days after last dose. though it may be a bit earlier cause of the taper.. I hope you skipped it:D and keep us informed.

EDit: the roxie is long gone outa your system.. the bupe knocked it off along time ago.. but opiat withdrawal is opiate withdrawal IMO.

Last edited:
Didn't take any subs last night and haven't yet today either. Feel ok have been really lazy and had a headache on and off all day but it's been manageable.

my schedule
1.5mg
1.5mg
.8mg
.7mg
0mg
0mg (as of 8:10pm)

I'm holding out as long as I can, not ruling out dosing tonight however playing it by ear.

Didn't take any last night or today. I know subs have a really long half life so I am expecting to feel my worse tomorrow and the next day if I don't take anymore.

Christmas Eve is 3 days away and I need to be functional for that so I am seeing how bad it is going to feel the next few days to see if I can make it through the holidays and finish this detox :)

Could anything bad happen if I went 3-4 days without taking any subs and took a small dose?

Last edited:
How to say this politely I had a similar experience n had to lets say get a stick to sort it but as NSA says try to laugh at it rather than be upset. Laughing releases endorphins so if you have any commodes laying around maybe play them. Think of the experience of getting the crap out of you lol meaning the drugs/ bad experiences etc.

Good luck n well done so far.

Evey :)

Very minor discomfort for an hour or 2 this morning but everything is super minor.

I really must endorse a quick sub taper I am at the airport right now flying away for a week so there is no chance I can relapse until 2014. However the hardest part of this whole process was getting to the 20 hours after last oxy use to induct on subs. day 1-2 I didn't feel 100% but definitely was able to go about my life.

Things look bright for me! Happy to help anyone in a similar situation in the future!

yeah that's not a bad addiction you'll be better staying off the bupe now even if you have more

ya no plans to take any... I guess my habit wasn't that bad but I was doing them every day and if I did not have them I was too ill to function in my normal life. So the habit was very determental to my finances and my reliability as person.