• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is heroin like, is it similar to other opiates and just how addictive is it?

goinginfected

Greenlighter
~~~ Hope this is the right category for this.

Ok so I dont plan on doing heroin any time soon as I'm only 17 and have almost no experience with opiates. I have an idea in my head about what it would feel like, but really would like to hear about it first hand. So how does it feel, is it something worth trying one day? How would I go about doing it the first time, and what steps what I need to take to make sure I'm safe? Also does it have any hallucinogenic or psychedelic/dis-associative affects? :?(I dont handle psyches well at all anymore due to some bad trips). If it's relevant, my drug experience is mainly with cannabis, mdma, cocaine, and lsd.:)

Should arguably go in basic drug discussion, seeing as it is basic drug discussion %)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/16-Basic-Drug-Discussion

I've never tried heroin, only gone up to morphine, but I do have a question. I regularly take 60mg of Morphine but no longer get high off of it, I hardly get the warm and fuzzy feeling. Though I get the impression that although tolerance is an issue with Heroin, it's always depicted as the user still getting quite a euphoric high. Is this the case?

As for is it something worth trying: there was a huge debate on this that got a bit out of control. Common sense says no, it's not worth it. Addiction to opioids and ill judgements may dictate otherwise.

Last edited:
its great for a while. incredible actually. however that quickly turns into a fuking nightmare. your life will become all about dope, using, getting more, worrying you wont have enough to stop withdrawals. it fuking sux in the end. What seems like heaven at first soon turns into utter hell. Best advice I can give is dont try it...?

It's different for everyone. Personally, even when injected, I'm not too fond of it. I did it frequently because it was around and I needed to sleep... I'd take it over marijuana, but I don't like marijuana, so there ya go. Some people LOVE it, others can't stand it. IMO, heroin is waaaayyyyy overhyped. I, personally, don't find heroin psychologically addicting, but with just a quick glance through this section of bluelight, you will find that this is generally not the case. It is, in most circumstances, extremely addicting, and it is rare that someone veritably tries it once.

So, take that into consideration - I know you want to try it once, but understand that the risk of you using it habitually is very, very high

I know it sounds ridiculous, but a lot of youngens get hooked on heroin on purpose. They want to be junkies and are determined to be one. It's fucking stupid, but trust me, they're out there.

If you are determined to try it, smoke it. You'll be FINE, as you are far less likely to OD smoking it. I'm not encouraging you to try it, but hell, if you're going to - dont shoot it. In fact, don't shoot anything ever. Don't be a dumbass and attempt to convince yourself you liked it, if you did not. If you didn't, fuck it, move on.

Don't continually try it to find that special feeling everyone is talking about.

Last edited:
If you are determined to try it, smoke it. You'll be FINE, as you are far less likely to OD smoking it. I'm not encouraging you to try it, but hell, if you're going to - dont shoot it. In fact, don't shoot anything ever. Don't be a dumbass and attempt to convince yourself you liked it, if you did not. If you didn't, fuck it, move on.

Don't continually try it to find that special feeling everyone is talking about.
That whole post was quality, but I highlighted what I thought was perfectly said. I'm not sure if it's possible (I really don't think it is, but I put in that "not" so that somebody won't go find some obscure fact and flame me) to OD from smoked heroin. I just don't think you can get it into your body fast enough for you to OD w/o passing out before you even get to the danger zone.

Also, further advice from a hardcore opiate addict: It doesn't matter if it's Heroin or Hydrocodone, they're all addicting. If the drug is an opiate analgesic it will likely be extremely euphoric and highly physically addictive. All opiate analgesics take you to the same place, and I'd much rather get there with some nice, clean, lab-made pill in my belly than a shoot full of dirty street-made and street-cut drugs. So why don't you experiment with Vicodin or Morphine first. If you are Opiate-Naïve either of those two should get you as high as you'll ever get off Heroin.

It's a very slippery slope and you won't know it's out if control until it's to late. I was one if those people who only snorted it now and then but before I realized how lost I was I had a needle in my arm. 6 weeks out of detox now and relapsed 2 weeks ago but I'm on day 12 or 13 again now. I'd love to say the last year and a half has been fun but I would be lying, it became what I did and who I was. I remember being 17 and it was all fun and games but here I am 6 years later.

I'm not willing in any way to try heroin, but just out of curiosity how does it compare to methadone?

I tried it only once and that's the only opiate I've ever taken.
I can't say I didn't like it, but neither it was that big of a deal. actually I was a bit disappointed.
took ~7 mgs and had 0 side effects (not even a hint of nausea, no itch etc) altough it was a good buzz. loved it lasting so long.

so how is heroin like, from what I read it's supposed to be more euphoric and less sedating is that true?
I know it's kinda subjective but I'd like to hear your experinces.

I'm going to move this to BDD. One because it is basic indeed, and 2.. because I'm tired of these bloody "Is trying heroin a good idea?" threads.

Of course it isn't a good fucking idea.

OD----BDD

Last edited:
I'm going to move this to BDD. One because it is basic indeed, and 2.. because I'm tired of these bloody "Is trying heroin a good idea?" threads.

Of course it isn't a good fucking idea.

OD----BDD

No kidding. Firstly, common sense...? Secondly, can't this info be attained on the internet without asking on a forum?

I will answer the second question, it most certainly can be.

As someone that has no tolerance, I strongly recommend trying kratom and NEVER do anything more. But I will warn you, that's easier said than done. In my experiences Kratom in a user that has virtually no tolerance is VERY similar to H. It will tell you what H feels like without the harm of actually taking H or its alternative(oxy). THe second you have a tolerance, Kratom doesn't do a whole lot though. You can buy at a headshop or online.

I started on Vicodin and Percocet. Graduated to oxys. Then onto Heroin. The effects are very comparable to oxy contin. I started out snorting then moved onto shooting. Like a previous post mentioned, it was all awesome at first. But in the end, it ruined my life. Everyday is a constant grind to get money and dope. It consumes you. I've done some things I'm not too proud of to obtain money. I would urge you not to try it. If you did, definitely snort it. Don't shoot it. IMO smoking it is a waste.

its hard to explain really. for me personally, just the thought that I could forget about more or less anything I wanted to simply by covering one nostril and getting a straw was quite attractive. A lot less work in some ways then other forms of entertainment once you have it in your posession.

That's the problem though, getting it in your posession. Anyone could be a functioning addict if they had an uninterrupted supply of it. But youre either going to pay an arm and a leg getting it from someone you know, or take your chances going to some unsavory places just to save money so you can spend it immidiately on more dope anyway

Its just like, you sniff a line, take a deep breath, make sure your not showin any powder on your nose, and just start to space out happy in the fact that you were able to reach this point as youve probably been looking forward to it fiending for it all day

Ok so I sable in tons if opiates, and have tried heroin intranasal and smoking. To me is just a mellow, kinda generic opiate buzz. It does have a subtly to I that adds alpt of euphoria. But personally I like high dose hydrocodone/oxycodone or a lower dose of oxymorphone, or even suboxone. I guess because I don't shoot but it's no more addictive to me than the more potent pharmaceutical opioids out there. Opana (oxymorphone) is soooo much better than heroin to me; but don't take my words too close you may find you love h more than anything else and she will dick you around hard.

Ok so I sable in tons if opiates, and have tried heroin intranasal and smoking. To me is just a mellow, kinda generic opiate buzz. It does have a subtly to I that adds alpt of euphoria. But personally I like high dose hydrocodone/oxycodone or a lower dose of oxymorphone, or even suboxone. I guess because I don't shoot but it's no more addictive to me than the more potent pharmaceutical opioids out there. Opana (oxymorphone) is soooo much better than heroin to me; but don't take my words too close you may find you love h more than anything else and she will dick you around hard.
Agreed in the sense of the buzz from the roxys > heroin(when i actually had the tolerance to feel roxys). BUT if the heroin is top quality, kinda rare to find at times, then it's almost impossible to beat that. And as an addict, your always hunting for that one special bag but it never seems to show itself. Even when you have a good bag, it's not completely satisfying. Back in the day, roxys were completely satisfying when I could feel them.

What is heroin like? Well at first, it's extremely blissful and amazing but like others said, it turns into a nightmare, very fast. Even if you're just chipping away at dope say once a month, it will still get you one way or another. I've done just about every opiate there is and heroin was the only one that seriously changed me and eventually got addicted to it. I've quit dope before but I always eventually come back to it, I don't know why. It's really not worth it it, ever especially if you've never done it before. It doesn't take long to go from sniffing/snorting heroin to shooting it, trust me. I've seen plenty of people who said they'd never use a needle and are now completely dependent on dope. I wish I had never come back to it.

honestly the high varies greatly depending on ROA. sniffed its pretty subtle and not very euphoric. IV is euphoric as fuck but so not worth trying (sorry for the cliche but it's true).