Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Rick and Morty

Well, I mean... it was cool but the season's not really started yet, I don't think.

I can't really identify with any of the characters on this show. They're just eccentricities rolled into characters, imo, and I love the way this show pulls it off.

It was a sweet first episode, though. Better than season 2's opener for sure, I just wish they hadn't leaked or aired it so far in advance of the other episodes.

Well, I mean... it was cool but the season's not really started yet, I don't think.

I can't really identify with any of the characters on this show. They're just eccentricities rolled into characters, imo, and I love the way this show pulls it off.

It was a sweet first episode, though. Better than season 2's opener for sure, I just wish they hadn't leaked or aired it so far in advance of the other episodes.

They say the rest is coming in the summer, but this was approximately 1.5 years after the end of the last season. I've been sort of a loner scientist who has struggled with substance abuse issues and a sort of nihilistic view on life so discovering rick and morty was kind of like finding a character with whom i can identify. Especially as someone who studied organic chemistry at a major university for fun yet hangs out with people who use substances... the questions and relentless amazement from people i meet at festivals and whatever. Not that im that great but you know "in the world of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Definitely a good episode and it was refreshing to see that it was the same show, long breaks make me nervous things would change dramatically or it would never come back.

So nice to have this show back in my life :)

First couple episodes of season 3 were great, and by the finale the show was unrecognizable. It became a near parody of itself.

Some say women ruined the show, and it's very possible that is the case. They specifically hired women to be in 1:1 ratio with men, for a show about a grandfather and grandson. I wonder what women who watch "girls" or "orange is the new crap" would think if the typical chad's were hired in equal ratio.

They turned Rick into a teenage emo girl, the writing sucked ass. The animation was really great but after pickle rick the action scenes got repetitive.

If they give af which they don't, the creators just want to get paid, they would fire the deadweight in the writers room and return the show to its former glory. But they won't they'll get paid for ruining something that was original and unique. But hooray it's no longer sexist, smfh.

I loved the first two season's.

Wasn't a huge fan of season three. It was still entertaining but it felt different. The first two just felt way more unapologetic and in your face.

Have'nt watched season 2 or 3 yet but season 1 is pretty decent. Did not like the first episode but second episode on was awesome. I find it clever with the social/cultural commentary relevant and appealing.

Ricklantis mixup seemed to standout in season 3 IMO along with pickle rick but it really does take multiple viewings to catch everything which I can't say about many shows. I regret not going to San Diego Comicon to see Justin Roiland & Dan Harmon.

First couple episodes of season 3 were great, and by the finale the show was unrecognizable. It became a near parody of itself.

Some say women ruined the show, and it's very possible that is the case. They specifically hired women to be in 1:1 ratio with men, for a show about a grandfather and grandson. I wonder what women who watch "girls" or "orange is the new crap" would think if the typical chad's were hired in equal ratio.

They turned Rick into a teenage emo girl, the writing sucked ass. The animation was really great but after pickle rick the action scenes got repetitive.

If they give af which they don't, the creators just want to get paid, they would fire the deadweight in the writers room and return the show to its former glory. But they won't they'll get paid for ruining something that was original and unique. But hooray it's no longer sexist, smfh.

I'm surprised you could type all that choking down those red pills, fella.

Ricklantis mixup seemed to standout in season 3 IMO along with pickle rick but it really does take multiple viewings to catch everything which I can't say about many shows. I regret not going to San Diego Comicon to see Justin Roiland & Dan Harmon.

Ricklantis Mixup was one of those rare damn near perfect episodes (of whatever show) that really reaffirms what the medium can do.

Two things first I will start with "Chad's?" im assuming you dont mean gay men as they are called "Nancy" at least as best as i can recall.

Also is it not possible that as with most things they are subject to change over time? It would not be a real thing if it wasnt going to change over time as new plot devices and directions need to be sought. I think you are over simplifying what is basically common evolution of a show.

I still love the show and Ricks character. I think turning it around so that the season ended the way it did is a good thing, it shows that ricks character is not one to be admired and how happiness is relative to the individual and situation. If rick is never happy then there shouldnt exist a happy ending for him in the season.