• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Dreaming on stimulants

CrimsonShadows

Greenlighter
Just curious if anyone's had any interesting experience with stimulants effecting their dream world. I did a bit of research and didn't manage to find much.

I find that high doses of stimulants (most notably the methy tabs of ecstasy I used to get when I was a kid) would pave the way for semi-lucid, semi-conscious and EXTREMELY vivid dream states. Y'know, that state where you're 3/4 asleep but could still wake yourself up if you -really- wanted to; that state in which you aren't quite lucid dreaming but you can push and prod your dreams (visions, more like) in different directions. This is different from the notable 'opiate visions,' in a sense that these visions are often more surreal (riding a wave for miles; tearing through a forest on a mine cart Donkey Kong style) as opposed to opiate visions which often provide altered visions of the surrounding world, important people in your life, etc.

I'm sure there's a boatload of research into the effects of psychedelics and dreaming, though I've not noticed a whole lot of effect from psychedelics personally save for a few failed attempts at astral projecting and self-induced lucid dreaming.

Anyone have any experience with astral projecting / lucid dreaming on stimulants? I'm pretty jibbed out right now and I'm going to make an effort tonight to introduce my subconscious and my consciousness, and was wondering if anyone else had any tips/tricks/stories.

After I roll on clean tested mdma I have crazy dreams the next fews days, nothing really like that tho.

I remember awhile back when I was HEAVILY addicted to methamphetamine (more than I am now actually), I was up for 5-6 days on a binge, had been in multiple psychosis's mind you all through out the week. Well fast forward to my crash on the 6th day I took 300mgs of Seroquel & when I finally knocked out I had a dream I was awake again flying through space with my meth pipe smoking bowls on mars etc Lol very lucid dream felt like it was going on for hours before I woke up. Not sure what causes it or any tips to create one naturally but it was definitely a unique experience. Was just so random you know?

I know that using stimulants can cause sleep deprivation & exhaustion, which in return - can lead to sleep paralysis and/or lucid dreaming.
I've had it happen to me a few times..

anyone ever have sleep paralysis after a meth binge? i do almost every time for the next couple days when i have stopped. its almost like it pulls me in and i can feel that im going to have sleep paralysis that night.

I've had sleep paralysis from MDMA and this is a common side effect. I would imagine meth can do it too as the drugs are related

Yea I would get sleep paralysis sometimes during my first sleep after a stimulant binge.

One thing that almost always happens is that I wake up screaming shortly after finally falling asleep from heavy stim binges. It's usually a very disturbing unnatural sounding scream. My wife says it's almost like the scream is bad energy/evil finally exiting my body... Lol

I got it last night after staying up a few days. It rarely happens but I fucking hate it. It's terrifying. I was laying on my stomach and I heard my door open loudly and I tried to turn over and I couldn't move. Everytime I get it I feel that someone is in my room and it's not a pleasant someone I know that bc I feel purely terrfied. Its fucked up. It ain't right!!

I've never experienced this... lucky I guess, but I have experienced extremely vivid nightmares, to the point of I never really knew if I was dreaming or not when I was using... you wanna talk about a totally mind fucking experience, spend a year not knowing if anything is real.

when i was a kid i used to be able to see myself sleeping and walk around the house.... like astral projection. maybe im superhuman? lol jk but seriously i could walk all over the house and remember details the next morning. one night i had that out of body experience and "walked" into my moms bedroom and counted her cigarette butts in her ashtray, then went in there the next morning to see if it was for reals.... yes it was. freaked me out but damn it was cool asf.