The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Alaska drug scene

PaythesnuckA

Bluelighter
Hello fellow bluelighters i am thinking of moving to anchorage alaska from the north east. I was wondering if there are many BLers from alaska and if so what the drug scene is like. I tried google and searched on here but i am looking for a little more specific than lots of booze, weed, and expensive opiates. What is the area like? Are drugs very expensive/ hard to get? What ones are most popular? Pretty much any information will help. I understand that the area im in has a lot of different drugs and access to many different ones, but i need a change and it would be nice to know how easy acquiring other substances can be in anchorage. also if anyone in alaska knows anything about suboxone programs there that would be appreciated as well.

Hello fellow bluelighters i am thinking of moving to anchorage alaska from the north east. I was wondering if there are many BLers from alaska and if so what the drug scene is like. I tried google and searched on here but i am looking for a little more specific than lots of booze, weed, and expensive opiates. What is the area like? Are drugs very expensive/ hard to get? What ones are most popular? Pretty much any information will help. I understand that the area im in has a lot of different drugs and access to many different ones, but i need a change and it would be nice to know how easy acquiring other substances can be in anchorage. also if anyone in alaska knows anything about suboxone programs there that would be appreciated as well.

i would imagine that in such a place you will need to rely on doctors for benzos and opiates, im sure there are plenty up there that write any of your choice, you just have to find them.

as for street drugs such as coke, heroin, or anything else you would get from a "street" dealer i would imagine that they are there but odds are they are incredibly over priced.

We'll a simple search on suboxone.com shows that there are several suboxone doctors in Anchorage, so there is some hope that you could get in a program there.

yes i did see the suboxone doctors on google, my concern is it would take a while to get insurance before i get there. But i was mainly asking how easy it is to meet street dealers. I live in an area western mass, where we have holyoke it is very easy to get heroin, coke, crack and sometimes benzos just from random people. i am just hoping that there are some somewhat open air markets if i ever do want to use. also if anyone knows the quality of the tar in the area it would help. the powder we get here is pretty good and one can get high for pretty cheap. i have seen some prices quoted online but am looking to see what the quality is like more becuase i know that tar has many degrees of quality.

Had a friend that used to work up there and it had a huge party crowd. Pretty much whatever you wanted was available, all of his contacts were met through his work (worked as a bartender in a restaurant on some port town that did their business when the cruise ships unloaded). Although I do remember him talking about a biker gang he was introduced to and as you could guess they moved meth, pills, heroin, coke, and weed.

I remember watching one of those gangland shows or something and I think the bloods and crips were slinging drugs up there. With all the work camps and fishing industry I would imagine meth would be easy to get. And of course there is always the bikers too.

I was born and raised in anchorage AK and left when i was 18 and returned when i was 20 for a year and a half where i went to get clean from heroin but instead picked up a heroin AND meth addiction. Drugs are EXPENSIVE. Except for weed which is everywhere. The coke is shitty and stomped on as fuck. Heroin is there but expect to pay 5x the price than you do in the loqer 48. Dimes are called niftys and NEVER way a tenth, more like .07. There is ONE methadone clinic, the waiting list is over a year long and they can only hold 18 people and pregnant women get priority. So dont ever expect to get on methadone. There is no open air market, Anch is a tiny city and all the tweekers and dopefiends know eachother because pretty much everyone uses those two drugs, its rare to find someone who strictly uses meth or strictly uses heroin.

The drugworld is mostly middlemanning with a few dealers which take forever to get up the food chain to meet and most of them use drugs themselves and are weird as fuck. There is absolutely NO loyalty amoung this underworld, its ridiculous. Do not expect to find heroin immediately it takes some hardcore diggin but once you find it youre good. Getting drugs is such a hassle, so much waiting and goosechasing. Theres so many people that want dope and so little dope the dealers really got powder power and its gone to their heads. Since drugs are so damn expensive, like i said earlier, its turned these people ruthless. You have to make 5x as much money up there just to get well, so they have turned to some grimey as fuck schemes. Most the girls prostitute cos there ia rich as fuck business men up there.

I live in cali now, i came here in 2011, but PM me and Ill answer any questions you got :)

Meth is big up there too but decent price. Heroin is the only drug that demand has inflated the price of. I had to leave the state again after i went back, it was a dead end for me the town is so damn small i was running into the underworld minions everywhere i went and leaving was the best decision of my life. Its also cold as fuck in the winter and you NEED a car, public trans is not efficent.

Also the sub doctors also have a patient limit, you are pretty much fucked as far as trying to get help, we are really behind the times. We do have a needle exchange and we also have two shitty ghetto ass sides of town where most the drugs are. You could probably find a sub doc but methadone is out of the question.

Also the courts are merciless when it comes to drug charges. I got a felony posession charge for a USED NEEDLE. When i got caught up in CA for a gram i was out in three days and did a court ordered program and got the charge dismissed. The courts dont fuck around, they dont have any type of program and immediately stick you on supervised probation so youre bound to go back to jail. Thats another reason why I left.

But it is beautiful if you love snowmachining snowboarding hiking etc

Having become more involved in the drug world here, I can say that this is pretty much entirely accurate as to my experience. The only things I'd differ on is 1) availability and "hassle" of drugs (I can get good dope extremely easily & fast, no goosechasing or middlemanning involved) and 2) terminology (around here 0.1 is called a "point").

It's always more expensive than the lower 48 but if you buy in larger quantities (like, a half gram or a gram at a time) it's only about 3x or 2x more expensive. :\
never buy points unless you're an extremely casual user or are attempting to taper down/moderate your own habit.

This thread so far is going nowhere good; we've had to delete numerous messages intent on soliciting or selling drugs. If the signal-to-noise ratio does not improve we may consider removing the entire thread as was just done with the Carolinas thread. Thank you.