• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does it take Wellbutrin to kick in whenever you take it?

ForeverAnxious

Bluelighter
Hey guys just wondering how long it takes Wellbutrin to kick in after you take it if you don't eat any food when you take it. Thanks a lot my amigos and brethren!!!!!!!!!!

my experience with wellbutrin sr (sustained release) 150mg was just as expected. first noticeable after less than an hour, and peak effects at +6-7 hours.
haven't tried immediate release wellbutrin, but it should start doing it's thing in around the same time as the sr version (or most meds really).

WHAT? A SNRI working in a hour. Usually it takes these type of meds a couple weeks before they start showing there effects.... Benzo's and stimulants are what hit in like an hour. Unless you really do feel it in a hour I have never heard of that.

WHAT? A SNRI working in a hour. Usually it takes these type of meds a couple weeks before they start showing there effects.... Benzo's and stimulants are what hit in like an hour. Unless you really do feel it in a hour I have never heard of that.

i understood the question as being about immediate, noticeable effects of the medication, not the long-term effects one is hoping to achieve (oh, and bupropion is classified as an NDRI, not an SNRI).
that aside, i had discernible positive effects on my mood after three days of taking 150mg in the morning.

I did on it but it took three weeks. I have used SSRI's like Zoloft and have that work the first day.....But is he trying to achieve a good feeling or is just trying to feel better and have a MI that he is dealing with?

I took wellbutrin for 3 months for depression and i never really felt anything from when i first took it, or even after 3 months. I guess it didn't work for me (like a lot of other meds)

however it has been reported wellbutrin can help quit smoking cigarettes which i was doing at the time, and it took around 1 month to make quit smoking (which i recommend for people trying to quit smoking cigarettes.)

I just started taken Wellbutrin SR 150 mg yesterday and I already feel some slight affects. Just a mild caffeine like buzz. Not a huge mood boost but I feel slightly more motivated. I have read a lot of stuff about them being in the stimulant category so if you're sensitive to them you should probably feel them immediately.

Haha sorry guys enkephaline had the right idea, I meant the immediate effects after you take it when it has already built up in your system, I am on Wellbutrin XL 300mg just in case anyone needed to know.