Assignment Love or Hate Psychedelics? Survey about psychedelic use impact on users

LikeAFairyOnAcid

Greenlighter
<3The good, :p the bad, & :sus: the ugly about using psychedelic drugs ~

There is research, past and currently being conducted, that is studying the potential use for some psychedelics (mainly magic mushrooms) to aid in curing mental disorders such as depression. Taking this concept one step further, I wanted to expand on this & gather data about how users feel these substances have benefited their lives. Personally, using magic mushrooms for the first time helped me conquering an eating disorder I fought for eight years. After ingesting magic mushrooms, it was as if my eating disorder was healed. Personal use of LSD has also led me to believe myself to be more of a spiritual being, seeking higher consciousness. I have a few questions hoping to see how other users feel these drugs have impacted their lives, for better or for worse.

Research question: Despite being illegal substances, how have users of psychedelics (including, LSD, mushrooms, DMT, mescaline, peyote, etc.) felt using these substances has impacted their mental and over all well-being?

Please answer any & all questions you feel comfortable with. You may also share anything else you would like to add to your answers or include further explanations.

1) Are you male or female?

2) What is your age?

3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)?

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics?

5) Do you have a problem with drug use or consider yourself a drug addict?
Yes
No
Maybe
Don’t know

6) Are you diagnosed or do you suspect that you may suffer from a mental disorder? (This could anywhere from having anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, etc.) If so which ones?
Yes
No
Maybe
Don’t know

7) What psychedelics have you used and which do you prefer or feel have positively impacted your life?
- LSD
- Magic Mushrooms
- DMT
- Mescaline
- Peyote
- MDMA
- 2C family
- Ketamine
- Salvia
- PCP
- None
- Other
- Please list preferences, or substances that have positively impacted you as well.

8) Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being?
1 strongly agree
2 agree
3 neither agree nor disagree
4 disagree
5 strongly disagree

9) Have psychedelics positively changed your perspective on life or beliefs?
1 strongly agree

2 agree
4 disagree
5 strongly disagree

10) do you believe that the use of psychedelics has the potential to benefit those suffering form disorders such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc.?
1 strongly agree
2 agree
4 disagree
5 strongly disagree

11) If you would like to tell any personal experiences or share any stories about psychedelics or experiences while using psychedelics, please feel free to express as much or as little in the space below. Personal accounts are stories about others, whether good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

1) Are you male or female? Female.

2) What is your age? 28.

3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? Self-employed.

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? 23.

5) Do you have a problem with drug use or consider yourself a drug addict? No.

6) Are you diagnosed or do you suspect that you may suffer from a mental disorder? (This could anywhere from having anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, etc.) If so which ones? Yes: Depression, anxiety, Aspergers, OCD

7) What psychedelics have you used and which do you prefer or feel have positively impacted your life?
Used: Mescaline cacti, 6-Apb, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, salvia leaves, MDMA.
Positively Impacted Life: Psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA.
Favorite Drugs: Mild opiates (codeine, hydrocodone, kratom) and amphetamines (2-FMA, 4-FA).

Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being? Agree.

9) Have psychedelics positively changed your perspective on life or beliefs? Neither agree nor disagree.

10) do you believe that the use of psychedelics has the potential to benefit those suffering form disorders such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc.? Agree.

11) If you would like to tell any personal experiences or share any stories about psychedelics or experiences while using psychedelics, please feel free to express as much or as little in the space below. Personal accounts are stories about others, whether good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.
- The majority of my trips have been difficult and not "fun", but most of them were useful in showing me a new perspective or lifting my mood for a few days afterward. I only trip once a year or so for that reason. My best experiences were on shrooms (not counting MDMA as a psychedelic) and my worst was on LSD.

1) Are you male or female? Male.
2) What is your age? 19
3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? No/No
4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? 12 or 13 years of age.
5) Do you have a problem with drug use or consider yourself a drug addict? Yes.
6) Are you diagnosed or do you suspect that you may suffer from a mental disorder? (This could anywhere from having anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, etc.) If so which ones? Yes, I'm diagnosed borderline personality disorder but this one needs an updated review, I also have bipolar but I'm unsure of which type. I switch from mania when I don't take meds or recreational drugs to black depression when I'm using recreational drugs. This bipolar commonly develops into psychosis as well.
7) What psychedelics have you used and which do you prefer or feel have positively impacted your life? I've used LSD, LSA, MDMA, MDA, 25I/B/D/C-NBOMe, mescaline, 2C-P, 5-MEO-DIPT, 4-ACO-DMT, 5-MEO-MIPT, and mushrooms. I prefer LSD, LSA, mushrooms, and 4-aco-dmt of the ones I've tried. LSD, mushrooms, and 4-aco-dmt seemed to have the most positive impact. CBD from marijuana is the only other substance that I could honestly say helped more than it hurt though.
8) Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being? 3.) I guess, neither agree nor disagree.
9) Have psychedelics positively changed your perspective on life or beliefs? STRONGLY AGREE
10) do you believe that the use of psychedelics has the potential to benefit those suffering form disorders such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc.? Agree
11) The only thing I want to add is that NBOMe substances out of all psychedelics I've tried, it had the most addiction potential, side effects, effect on mental health, etc... with no positive impact gained for it.

1) Are you male or female? Male(thank god lol)
2) What is your age? 19
3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? College Sophmore, work at a factory as inspector.
4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? 14
5) Do you have a problem with drug use or consider yourself a drug addict? no
6) Are you diagnosed or do you suspect that you may suffer from a mental disorder? (This could anywhere from having anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, etc.) If so which ones?
Maybe slight anxienty... Had an episode with 10hits 2-ci that left me as "substance induced psychosis" but Im doing a lot better now. Had depression before but ive beat it.
LSD has changed me in a positive manner, more of seeing the nature of humankind. Shrooms helped with my self esteem and letting me be more open, aswell as molly showed me how kind i can be. 2-ci opened the gates to my third eye and has stayed open since. DXM made me a monster in bed and able to be calm. Kratom helps my mood a ton. DMT has shown me and helped every aspect of my life.
Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being?
1 strongly agree
1 strongly agree
10) do you believe that the use of psychedelics has the potential to benefit those suffering form disorders such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc.?
1 strongly agree

11) If you would like to tell any personal experiences or share any stories about psychedelics or experiences while using psychedelics, please feel free to express as much or as little in the space below.
I have some trip reports out and in the process of more :)

Male
2) What is your age?
13.73 Billion
3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)?
Chemistry & Biotechnology Student
No

ADHD, GAD, MDD, PTSD, PCD, & Insomnia.

-Cannabis, P. Cubensis, LSD-25, LSA, Syrian Rue, Salvia, Ayahuasca, MDMA, 2C-D, 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-P, 2C-T-2, N,N-DMT, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 25B-NBOMe, 25I-NBOMe, aMT, Benzylpiperzine & Nitrous Oxide

I've had numerous breakthroughs using 4-AcO-DMT, LSD & 2C-P, and consider N,N-DMT & Salvinorin A to be the most incredible.

8) Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being?
Strongly agree

Strongly agree

Strongly agree

The use psychedelics has directly led to the regression of the majority of my metal disorders, specifically PTSD & GAD, as well has completely eradicated my depression.​

1) Are you male or female? Male

2) What is your age? 21

employed in two jobs, I.T. work and commercial pool cleaning.

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? 16

Yes

Yes, anxiety, mild dissociation, HPPD.

- LSD, Magic Mushrooms, Mescaline, MDMA, 2CE, 2Ct, 2CI, Ketamine, Salvia, and LSA.
Preference: Mescaline, MDMA, and 2CE.
Positive experiences through: LSD, MDMA, 2CE, Salvia, and Mescaline.

Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being?
1 strongly agree, after my first psych. experience with mescaline I turned to a whole new happier healthier page in my life and have not looked back since

1 strongly agree, I have become more in touch and in love with myself and the world around me.

1 strongly agree, the handful of different psyches I have used/tried have always lifted the weight of my anxiety and other mental problems off of my shoulders.
It is an incredible gift.

2) What is your age? 41

3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? Writer/Editor

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? 17

5) Do you have a problem with drug use or consider yourself a drug addict? Yes

6) Are you diagnosed or do you suspect that you may suffer from a mental disorder? (This could anywhere from having anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, etc.) If so which ones? Depression/ Anxiety

- LSD
- Magic Mushrooms
- DMT
- Mescaline
- MDMA
- 2C family
- Ketamine
Preference: LSD, MDMA, Ketamine, Mushrooms
Positive experiences through: LSD, Mushrooms

Strongly disagree. If done under the right circumstances and in the right frame of mind the potential for a positive outcome is huge. It broadens ones outlook and can often be the catalyst for life altering changes both mentally and physically.

9) Have psychedelics positively changed your perspective on life or beliefs? Yes, they provided me a fascinating new window from which to see the world, others and myself. I was able to also see connections to the earth, one another and myself from a much larger framework. They also can erase ego and allow one to see significance in what was once meaningless. The connections brought forth under psychedelics have made me more spiritual and concerned with the repercussions of every action. In short, I have become a more empathetic, concerned being.

Strongly agree

11) If you would like to tell any personal experiences or share any stories about psychedelics or experiences while using psychedelics, please feel free to express as much or as little in the space below. Personal accounts are stories about others, whether good or bad, would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend who used ibogaine and was able to overcome a heroin addiction that had afflicted him for the better part of his life. Even when used recreationally, they can and often still lead a person towards insight and change. However, when taken in this fashion they have the very real possibility of creating a 'bad trip' due to the fact that they inevitably give the user a sneak peak into what he/she is lacking, or what could or is happening at said moment in time (past/present/future).

Male

2) What is your age?

Virtual School

Yes
No <-------
Maybe
Don’t know

Yes <-----
I suspect something such as Bipolar Type I. I am prescribed Wellbutrin for it which helps with very minimal side effects.
No
Maybe
Don’t know

- LSD<------
- Magic Mushrooms<------
- DMT
- Mescaline <------ I WILL be doing this very soon
- Peyote
- MDMA
- 2C family
- Ketamine
- Salvia
- PCP<------ DXM, which is closely related to dissociatives such as PCP
- None
- Other<------LSA
- Please list preferences, or substances that have positively impacted you as well.

1 strongly agree<------ I can agree more than strongly :)
2 agree
4 disagree
5 strongly disagree

1 strongly agree<------ Once again, I can agree more than strongly :)
2 agree
4 disagree
5 strongly disagree

1 strongly agree<------ Yes, they have helped a LOT with my suffering and have helped me to become more productive.
2 agree
4 disagree
5 strongly disagree

My best experiences were all on DXM, which people shun for some reason. I had used it recreationally at 15 after building tolerance to marijuana. I was much more about getting messed up than I was spiritual experiences and enlightenment. That first time I did DXM, I made realizations about life, I had very powerful, undescribable, profound feelings. I saw amazing art in my mind. I had taught myself that there is no such thing as laws, freedom, rights, equality, etc... They are simply man made terms. Every man/woman is born to do whatever they want. We are bound by societies rules though. The reality is there is no physical barrier that can be scientifically proven that stops us from doing anything. A very weird example is the fact that it is a law that we have to wear seat belts. If we choose not to, every single atom we are made of does not disperse or pull apart. We are still living and breathing. There is no science to prove that we HAVE to wear our seat belts. If I kill a man, I am still living and breathing. Science can not prove that I CANNOT kill a man. (Which I wouldn't ever kill anyone.) I also considered though. that these rules have gotten us somewhere and have helped us live together, depending on our locations of course. These rules and laws are here for a reason. On DXM I loved to walk around, admiring the beauty of things. Colors seemed a little bit more colorful, except at the same time they were darker due to the dimming in vision caused by DXM. DXM also had this very alien, mysterious, dark feel to it. It was the most unique and interesting drug I had tried yet. My best trip was when I chugged two bottles of the blue robotussin box, which I refer to as blue-botussin. This was close to 760mg and at my weight, it equals a high 3rd plateau trip or a low 4th plateau trip. That, along with two bowls of marijuana and a cigarette had very, very, very profound visual distortions, hallucinations, and more.
Everything would not stay still. Nothing was the size that it originally was. The ceiling would be level to my head, then it would be hundreds of feet high. As I walked, I would feet taller, then I would shrink to the size of a mouse. I remembered I was told to clean the kitchen while my parents went out. Surprisingly, this was absolutely no problem and was quite fun for me. I tried to put a bar stool on top of the island in the middle of a kitchen so that I could sweep. The island instantly turned into a very small toy-sized island, while the stool towered 10 feet. Then, the island looked almost mountainous, while the stool fit in the palm of my hand. How I got the stool on the island, I don't really remember. The rest of the night was crazy and very life changing. I stayed calm and enjoyed every single bit of it. I looked so forward to leaving my body which didn't happen. I would see new worlds and somewhat interact with them in my closed eye visuals and felt my body lifting. Maybe I had a minor out of body experience. Sometimes when I closed my eyes, I'd see through my eyelids. There's too much to type to describe every single detail. I'll end my experience here.

2) What is your age? 22

3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? Housemen at a 4.5 star hotel.

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? 16

No

Yes

- LSD
-LSA
-LSZ
- Magic Mushrooms
- DMT
- Mescaline
- Peyote
- MDMA
-MDA
-Methadone
-Methaylone
- 2C family
- Ketamine
- Salvia
- PCP
- MXE
- DXM
- DOC
- DOI
- 2-fma
- 3-meo-pcp
- 4-meo-pcp

- 25i-nbmoe
-25c-nbmoe
-5-Meo-AMT
-5-Meo-DALT

1 strongly agree

1 strongly agree

1 strongly agree

Psychedelics have personally changed my out look on life and how I live my everyday. I was suffering from manic depression and felt that I was always searching for something that I couldn't find. I personally was using psychedelics for "fun" and in the wrong way and deff was at the abuse point because it was the cool and hip thing to do in my area. Then I was blessed with DMT for the first time and lets just say that it changed how I lived my life completely. I was selfish and egocentric, however when I came too everything changed I was loving and compassion it. I way the wrong doings that I did and realized what I needed to do in order to live a more productive and healthy life. It deff helped that this all happened days before my grandfather/ bestfriend died and he deff spoke to me in that other realm. I have to say that Ketamine deff help with my depression after he passed as it came back. But be warned that she is a very dangerous devil and can take a hold of you if you dont treat here with respect. I'm now in a great mind set and trip here and there but because I work a very crazy job and run my own business I dont really have time to be tripping all the time. I also have come to terms with a very spiritual aspect with these chemicals and which to treat them like the Gods the are and the answers they bring about to what ever life questions you have.

Positive Vibes & Namaste
Gnosis
Trip House Collective

2) What is your age? 20

3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? Not a student, employed as a dishwasher

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? First trip was 16, didn't have any kind of regular access until 19 though

5) Do you have a problem with drug use or consider yourself a drug addict? I'll say maybe, my marijuana use certainly causes some problems (most of which are more because of using it so much in my early/mid teens), and I have addictive tendencies but over time I've gotten better at keeping myself in check. Also recently developed quite a habit with Kratom, but it actually helps me function better and be more productive so it's less of a problem than marijuana.

6) Are you diagnosed or do you suspect that you may suffer from a mental disorder? (This could anywhere from having anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, etc.) If so which ones? Yes, I'm extremely neurotic, and have lots of anxiety, used to have very obsessive compulsive tendencies as well. Using psychedelics basically killed to OCD tendencies, most of the neurosis, and helps me deal with the anxiety in a much more constructive & realistic manner.

7) What psychedelics have you used and which do you prefer or feel have positively impacted your life? LSD, mushrooms, DMT, Mescaline, DOC, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-HO-DET, 4-AcO-DiPT, DPT, MET, 5-MeO-MiPT, 25c-NBOMe, MDA, MDMA, LSA, DXM, MXE, Salvia (think that's all of them).

Favorites among those would be LSD, Mescaline, DOC, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-HO-MiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, DPT, MET, DMT, & MXE.

Ones which I feel have positively impacted my life (which I've had particularly profound trips on) would be mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, LSD, Mescaline, 4-AcO-MET, MET, DXM, & MXE.

Ones which I feel are not worthwhile are LSA, 25c-NBOMe, MDMA, Salvia, 4-AcO-DiPT (if it lasted 3x as long it'd be worthwhile), 4-HO-DET (just short of being worthwhile, has tendencies to cause meaningless anxiety which I've never found with other psychs).

8) Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being? Strongly agree! They actually kinda saved my life honestly.

9) Have psychedelics positively changed your perspective on life or beliefs? Strongly agree, they stopped me from being an extremely negative/pessimistic person and actually kinda showed me that life is, in fact, worth living.

10) do you believe that the use of psychedelics has the potential to benefit those suffering form disorders such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc.? Strongly agree again, psychedelics have definitely helped me a ton with my own mental problems- however that doesn't mean they work for everyone!

11) If you would like to tell any personal experiences or share any stories about psychedelics or experiences while using psychedelics, please feel free to express as much or as little in the space below. Personal accounts are stories about others, whether good or bad, would be greatly appreciated. There's a lot I could say, so I'll try not to ramble on too much. But without psychedelics I never would have quit smoking cigarettes, never would have learned to be more moderate/less compulsive with alcohol, I'd still be a fiend with marijuana instead of a more rational/responsible user, I would have never learned to cope with my anxiety issues, I would have never learned how to view things from outside my own perspective...in short, I'm a psychedelic devotee and would definitely suggest them to those who are able to take them seriously rather than use them as another way to party.

Last edited:

2) What is your age? 32

3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? no, mostly unemployed currently.

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? 17

5) Do you have a problem with drug use or consider yourself a drug addict? I was good until the age of 28 and fell into opiate addiciton.

6) Are you diagnosed or do you suspect that you may suffer from a mental disorder? (This could anywhere from having anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, etc.) If so which ones? After a few weeks of complete sobriety I would consider myself within normal range of stability. With drug use, my stability and 'sanity' waxes and wanes.

7) What psychedelics have you used and which do you prefer or feel have positively impacted your life? All psychedelics I have used have offered me the most enriched and valued experiences of my life. MXE, DMT, LSD (my 'big 3'), cannabis, mushrooms, mescaline, ketamine, 3-meo-pcp, 25x, 4-aco-dmt, 5-meo-mipt, MDMA, MDA, 5-apdb and surely others.
the 25x's (i,c,b) were the least profound.
As said, MXE, DMT, LSD are the most sacred to me, though mushrooms and mescaline can not be discounted for their lessons. MXE I've done hundreds of times, DMT at least 20 and LSD at least 30. MDMA and MDA also possess incredible power that can be wielded with the right intention set and setting.

8) Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being? Yeah. So many times I've benefited from that reset button. I'm overdue for a reboot now.

9) Have psychedelics positively changed your perspective on life or beliefs? Powerfully.

10) do you believe that the use of psychedelics has the potential to benefit those suffering form disorders such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc.? Without a doubt.

11) If you would like to tell any personal experiences or share any stories about psychedelics or experiences while using psychedelics, please feel free to express as much or as little in the space below. Personal accounts are stories about others, whether good or bad, would be greatly appreciated. There has already been so much said, and I would just be saying the same thing as all the other psychedelic converts.

LSD for instance - huge healing potential through drug-assisted psychotherapy in conjunction with music and light therapy and a holistic program of positive lifestyle changes. It can reset our old hard ways that have gotten us down, but that opportunity needs to be taken advantage of by active reprogramming to refill that space.

MXE, so much to say about this one, could write a book, but a lot of people won't consider it because it is still such a new drug- But look out- The arylcyclohexylamines, whether MXE or something similar, will yet have their day in the light.

DMT. The spirit molecule. Thats a good enough description for me. It is essential to wake us up from our life-long 'slumber' and realize 'we' are so much more than what we think and see right here and now. No more words can do this one justice.[/QUOTE]

Male

2) What is your age?

No I graduated with a BA in 2009; I am currently employed in the public health sector

I was always fine with recreational use of all substances until being introduced to oxycodone which I became addicted to; currently clean from opiates however

Maybe some anxiety/depression but if so it is very mild; more psychological than physiological

- LSD
- Magic Mushrooms
- DMT
- Mescaline
- MDMA
- Ketamine
- Salvia
- Ayahuasca

They have ALL helped impact me in a positive way by maturing me and helping to expand my mind - no preference other than whichever feels right at the time of choosing to use

They have all mostly helped, however a year ago I had a tough acid trip which seemed to rewire my brain in a more negative way than other experiences in the past (bad environment caused it); I plan to reverse this at the right time and place

Yes, definitely

Strongly agree

DMT/Ayahuasca - completely divine and unable to be described in words. Introduced me to the divine and helped me understand the spiritual essence of existence that no words can do justice.

Mushrooms - a great way to reconnect with nature and appreciate the senses

LSD - must be used with care imo. A great way to "rewire" the brain and expand one's perception of how the world is viewed.

Mescaline - A great way to connect with people and appreciate nature in its divine essence

MDMA - A great way to understand and experience true love while coming to terms with feelings and connecting with others

Salvia - must be used traditionally (held under tongue - no smoking extracts) - helps connect oneself with memories and experiences and understand our connection to them

Ketamine - a way to experience letting go of everything human and exploring otherwordly dimensions from a different angle

Male

2) What is your age?
19-24

no

No

Maybe

Used a lot, all time fave is the '2c-family' for sure.

8)Has your use of of psychedelics positively impacted your state of mental health and/or your overall well-being?

2 agree

11) If you would like to tell any personal experiences or share any stories about psychedelics or experiences while using psychedelics, please feel free to express as much or as little in the space below. Personal accounts are stories about others, whether good or bad, would be greatly appreciated. one time I did a real small amount of 2c-b and tripped harder then I ever had before, and for nearly 24hrs. prob wasn't real 2c-b

2) What is your age? 24

3) Are you currently a student (if so specify year) or are you employed (if so specify career)? 1st year master in neuroscience

4) At what age did you start using psychedelics? First experience was morning glory seeds at age 18.

I have dealt with cannabis dependence in the past, but not say I'm currently dependent on it.

I've had a few episodes of depression in my life. My own diagnosis is that this was induced by chronic cannabis abuse. Since I have cut down on weed, I have not had a depressive episode.

LSD, magic mushrooms, mescaline (san pedro cactus), salvia, MDMA, suspected 2C-x (was a pill sold as MDMA, the visuals I got from it told me otherwise), ketamine, MXE, LSA (Hawaiian baby woodrose and morning glory seeds), 25i-nBOME, AMT and cannabis.

Out of these san pedro, magic mushrooms and LSA have had the most profound/positive impact on my persona. After an experience on one of these I also don't feel the need to repeat the experience any time soon. LSD in a sense was addictive to me. It makes me feel like an excited child about to embark on a playground adventure, I LOVE the way it makes me feel. I also love how it facilitates abstract thought and the ability to make connections between disconnected things and ideas in my life. However, it doesn't have the same therapeutic effect on me as the natural psychs do.

MDMA I would not even consider psychedelic, it's a euphoriant. It does not provoke deep thoughts, quite the contrary my mind goes fuzzy/blank on it while I focus on the lovely bodily sensations whilst dancing to LOUD music. I wouldn't say it's had any life changing effects on me either. Quite the contrary it very consistently produces a depression for about a week after taking it. 25i nBOME produces amazing eye candy, but is devoid of most psychedelic thought change. MXE has been helpful to an extent as it produces a similar introspective/self-evaluating thought process on its comedown compared to classic psychedelics, and has a long lasting (weeks) antidepressant like after-glow. My experiences with AMT, ketamine and 2c-x compounds is too limited to really say much about them.

Cannabis is one of mixed emotions for me. If done irregularly it can help look at stressors in my life in a more relaxed way, which can have a beneficial effect once the high wears off, it can also trigger bursts of creative inspiration and give me ideas on how to finish songs I have been working on. When it becomes a daily habit it clouds my thinking, my judgement, reduces motivation for anything other than more weed and I become more of an anti-social person towards others.

5 strongly disagree

3. Somewhat. Mostly they have helped me figure out how I really stand on certain things and learned to accept those over those values which were expected of me by family/society. They didn't bring anything NEW per se, just brought out and strengthened what was already there.

1 strongly agree. Absolutely. Integration of my various psychedelic experiences have helped me see myself in many different ways and have fixed my own anxiety issues. This isn't something that happened over night, but gradually over the course of years.

Psychedelics have done great good to me. They've helped me figure out who I am and what I want to get out of life, how I should go about getting things out of life I want and why I want those things. However, I overdid LSD for a months and this caused some psychological damage that took a few months to get over. Care should be taken. These substances can be incredibly useful but should be done with the right intent and only when the time is right. Recreational use of LSD is not the way to go!