• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

drinking rubbing alcohol

EvMan717

Bluelighter
I'm sure it can get you drunk but is there any more harm in drinking rubbing alcohol as opposed to, uh, drinking alcohol?
Don't flame me for ASKING

Um yeah. Did you not see the warning on the bottle that says ingesting it will cause serious gastric problems?

If you are gonna fall so low go huffing some duster, I guess that would even be better than drinking rubbing alcohol, however it's possible, some cheap ignorant high school kids I knew drank it with kool aid. But beware if I remember correctly certain brands convert the ethanol to methanol, which is quite toxic. and more pleasant alcohol is easily available, even if you are underaged, if not just get any drug you can, because it'll be better than rubbing alcohol.

Like I said folks I was asking.
Don't assume random shit.
But if its alcohol and water, how could it be more harmful than (for example) vodka?
Thanks
[ 17 February 2003: Message edited by: EvMan717 ]

How could you post such a question saying, "Don't flame me for ASKING?" I mean, if you say that doesn't it tell you maybe you shouldn't do it? Ah, fuck it I don't even wanna get started with this one...And what was PhreeX saying in his post about returning to OD, about how this forum was going to shit or something? Hmm...I wonder if this is what he was talking about, hehe.

Isopropyl alcohol metabolizes to acetone...this is signifigant enough to give the breath a nail-polish-like odor.
Reagent grade isopropyl alcohol has only a mild odor & typical toungue burning alcohol taste. The crap you get in the store can be denatured & can contain impurities like turpentine.
The bottles in the store list 'Serious gastric disturbance' as an effect because, like any alcohol, isopropanol thins the stomachs protective mucosal lining allowing acids allready present to attack it.
Isopropanol, like ethanol will get you drunk & by some estimates requires only 1\2 the volume to do it. Unlike methanol iso will not kill you, make you blind ect...
Who wants the potential carcinogenic effects of acetone?...Not to mention the breath...ugh...Hold out for the real stuff.

thank you Crimethink. I never meant to cause any trouble with this post, I just didn't know the difference between rubbing alcohol what most people think of when they hear the word alcohol. Now I know, that's why I asked! So don't start freaking out and calling me things like dumbass kid (I can see it coming).
thanks for NOT flaming

Don't drink that stuff it 'ull get you drunk but for the rest of the night into the next day and the morning after that you'll feel sick off your ass. I chugged half a bottle of the stuff mixed with some coca cola. At first it didn't seem that bad but when the drunkeness wore off I was throwing up all over the place like I never threw up on alcohol before. The stuff sucks don't even do caps of the stuff because when you start to feel it working you'll want to drink more. And if you do that your screwed. So just stay the hell away from the stuff. Don't drink it !
If you really want to get drunk fast go to the liqour store and see if they have some Everclear. Everclear is almost pure grain alcohol and it 'ull get you as drunk as rubbing alcohol does without making you feel as sick.
By the way. Good luck trying to find a bottle of Everclear because a lot of liqour stores don't sell it.

^^^ Not to mention you have to have a liscense to buy it usually..
Luckily I have acess to some good old fashoined 30's brewed moonshine.. Never would touch the stuff however..
As for drinking rubbing alcohol. .I get the impression that some peoplethink alcohol is alcohol.. Though Ethanol and Methanol are only different by a few atoms, one will kill you quick, while one one will kill you slow. The way we like it ;)