• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Legal high death inquest to take place today (AMT)

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Swindon Advisor

10:42am Tuesday 26th November 2013
By Katie Bond

THE inquest into the death of Christopher Scott is due to take place this afternoon. Christopher, 23, of Charfield Close, Park South, died at the Great Western Hospital in July after it is believed he consumed the legal high Alpha-methyltriptamine – AMT.

An inquest will be held at Salisbury Coroner’s Court at 2pm.

Since his death, South Swindon MP Robert Buckland has said he would lobby the Home Office to get a temporary ban on AMT, with a view to getting it outlawed permanently. Speaking back in July, he said: “This death is a tragic event and evidence that we need to put to the Home Office that this drug should be banned. There is an element that this is a game of catch-up but the system we have in place now with the temporary banning orders is much more fleet of foot.

“I don’t subscribe to the school of thought that decriminalisation solves the problem. I think it would make the problem worse. “I don’t think decriminalisation will stop people trying to find new ways to score a hit through synthetic drugs like this.”

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10834617.Legal_high_death_inquest_to_take_place_today/

If only politicians cared about the extraordinary amount of deaths caused by alcohol and tobacco as they pretend to care about deaths from legal highs...

If I'm honest, its about time AMT was banned. It's a rather dirty feeling drug at best.

If I'm honest, its about time AMT was banned. It's a rather dirty feeling drug at best.

When used improperly, any drug is.

AMT is a wonderful drug and among the best antidepressants ever discovered. Its a travesty that the actions of a few have gotten a potentially amazing tool for growth, more powerful than MDMA, banned around the world.

I'm not for prohibition of any substance. Educate and regulate product quality and you solve a lot of problems. Give people the freedom to do what they want to do with their own lives as long as they aren't causing direct physical harm to others. AMT is dirty as hell when its not clean but then again so is LSD.

If I recall correctly Shulgin referred to AMT as the Cadillac of psychedelics in TIHKAL.Enjoyable and long lasting.I ordered a small amount of alpha methyltriptamine from Merck or one of the other major chemical companies about 20 yrs ago (I doubt if you can do that now) but I was tweaking a lot back in those days & somehow managed to lose the vial & never got to try it.

These threads you're replying to are pretty old, so I wouldn't really expect much of a reply. The best place for AMT discussion is the big & dandy AMT thread over in the psychedelic drugs sub-forum.

I love it, but people tend to be very polarised on whether they like it or not.

I had the most incredible psychedelic experience of my life on AMT and MXE. It was the most scary and beautiful experience Ive ever had, life as I knew it stopped and I traveled through space and time, other dimensions, saw the world around me in 2D, regressed back to my childhood what I saw with my eyes seemed so real that they went beyond the thing's you see on acid or shrooms, the visions seemed real.

Im good at drugs and always know that if things turn pear shape its only an experience that isnt real. I always have a pin prick of sensibility that keeps me grounded, like riding a roller coaster you just hang on and enjoy, this went a little beyond that. When your tripping you generally can see whats around you and the hallucinations are intertwined with reality but this time I wasnt aware of what was going on around me

At the height of my experience I can honestly say Ive never felt such peace and tranquility. It was something Ill never regret and never repeat.

The worst thing was, my friends looked after me and kept an eye on me but filmed the whole episode. Is pretty amazing to watch