View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Yesterday while exploring MXE and MXPH combo I came to a (temporary) firm belief that all processes on planet earth can be manupilated by changing position of my extremities. I also concluded that the sounds of my aquarium bubbler represent vibrations of newly forming wormholes. It goes without saying that this was accompanied by complete loss of the concepts like time, space, me, and so on. I was openly arguing with the shower on top of that - this bitch was bothering me with some Freudian allusions.
I find it peculiar that there is never any fear no matter how deep the ego dissolution has gone. Chemically induced Mad Hatter at its craziest.
Oh my god that sounds hilarious. The lack of fear in dissociatives is really puzzling. I have actually seen a few people slightly lose it on diphenidine, but other than that you could have the shittiest experience without being scared. I guess it must have something to do with NMDA antagonism itself, it can actually be utilized to extinct recently learned fears.

This particular aspect of fearlessness is where the possible danger of dissociatives lies. On psychedelics I am super apprehensive of my actions and behave like a scared rodent, while on MXPH I can easily go and engage in conversations with random people on subjects clearly diagnostic of half of disorders listed in DSM. MXPH is especially unsafe in this regard, since high doses of it do not physically incapacitate me like schizo-level doses of MXE or DXM do, thus allowing to physically engage in utterly delusional activities (like talking to a hedgehog - happened last week). Because of this I am considering locking myself in the apartment and hiding the keys while going high on MXPH for safety reasons.

Agreed. Yesterday while exploring MXE and MXPH combo I came to a (temporary) firm belief that all processes on planet earth can be manupilated by changing position of my extremities. I also concluded that the sounds of my aquarium bubbler represent vibrations of newly forming wormholes. It goes without saying that this was accompanied by complete loss of the concepts like time, space, me, and so on. I was openly arguing with the shower on top of that - this bitch was bothering me with some Freudian allusions.
I find it peculiar that there is never any fear no matter how deep the ego dissolution has gone. Chemically induced Mad Hatter at its craziest.
I swear there is this weird synergy between dissociatives and fish tank filters, the way they help warp any music you have playing and close off the outside world and create your own little bubble it really is neat, almost making it even more comfortable.

do you guys think that the stimulating properties of this drug are due to it being an DRI or dopamine releaser?

I have noticed that is possible to increase effects of MXPH by administering MXE beforehand. I find it beneficial since I do not really enjoy MXE (it barely affects me at all) but have plenty of it laying around. I guess it is due to MXE keeping hepatic enzymes busy, thus slowing down the metabolism of MXPH.

do you guys think that the stimulating properties of this drug are due to it being an DRI or dopamine releaser?
I really don't think this sort of speculation would lead us anywhere with the little data available. While there might be a dopaminergic side to it's effects, guessing the mechanism is just impossible without any proper research having been performed. I don't even think this is known for MXE, but correct me if I'm wrong (maybe not here, we don't want to move this OT).

I have noticed that is possible to increase effects of MXPH by administering MXE beforehand. I find it beneficial since I do not really enjoy MXE (it barely affects me at all) but have plenty of it laying around. I guess it is due to MXE keeping hepatic enzymes busy, thus slowing down the metabolism of MXPH.
I disadvise of performing such experiments. We know next to nothing about the toxicity of both diphenidine nor it's 2-methoxylated offspring. They are both dirt cheap, so there's no real need for potentiation imho. Just take more and chances are you will be safer that way.
Still an interesting observation, could you quantify this for us?

Well, it happened something like this: I had taken 200 mg of MXE orally, then some 4 hours in not feeling any effects whatsoever, I took 250 mg of methoxphenidine and went for a walk. Ended up quite dissociated, but not to the point of losing motor skils.
Normally this amount of MXPH would not have gotten me anywhere that high though.
DISCLAIMER: reported dosages are very high and should not be used as a referende! I have quite a natural tolerance to dissociatives.

Well, it happened something like this: I had taken 200 mg of MXE orally, then some 4 hours in not feeling any effects whatsoever, I took 250 mg of methoxphenidine and went for a walk. Ended up quite dissociated, but not to the point of losing motor skils.
Normally this amount of MXPH would not have gotten me anywhere that high though.
DISCLAIMER: reported dosages are very high and should not be used as a referende! I have quite a natural tolerance to dissociatives.
So basically there is no telling whether the effect of the two drugs didn't just stack up. Some sort of additive effect is to be expected since they're both acting on NMDAr's. It's hard to draw any conclusions from these numbers, since you apparently have a massive tolerance.

Still, thanks for mentioning this, maybe there is actually a synergy. I planned to play aorund with the MXE+diphenidine combo myself in low doses, but when I had my material all laid out for use (I don't keep it at home), I decided it would be a better idea to IV 100mg MXE instead of taking a small dosage (no tolerance). I had to realize again how much I dislike MXE and was turned off dissociatives altogether for the day, so I never really got to try this properly.

Btw have you ever considered a break from dissociatives? That's a very high tolerance. I've been through these phases myself with various dissociatives and it's highly likely you'll be running into problems of the psychological nature sooner or later, whichever it is dissociatives you use regularly. Just thought I'd get it out, I'll stop.

My tolerance to dissociatives had been very high to begin with, it initially took 150 mg of methoxphenidine for me to actually notice ANY effect. Upon finding the adequate dosage I have been using it once weekly at most at 200-250 mg, but even with such not overly frequent use the tolerance for the time bring is just too high to continue further use, purely due to financial constraints. I have some MXE left that I will likely finish, but that would likely be it ( never really managed to get decent effects from it anyways ).

My tolerance to dissociatives had been very high to begin with, it initially took 150 mg of methoxphenidine for me to actually notice ANY effect. Upon finding the adequate dosage I have been using it once weekly at most at 200-250 mg, but even with such not overly frequent use the tolerance for the time bring is just too high to continue further use, purely due to financial constraints. I have some MXE left that I will likely finish, but that would likely be it ( never really managed to get decent effects from it anyways ).
Oh maybe I misunderstood. I thought you didn't feel anything off 200mg MXE (oral) at all. That's crazy if that's your natural tolerance.

Last edited:

Yes this compound is likely to be a DRI of some kind, or an SRI like MXE, or both.

Yes this compound is likely to be a DRI of some kind, or an SRI like MXE, or both.
What exactly makes you say that? I'm not saying it's not, I'm just curious what you think indicates this could bind to monoamine transporters. Structural considerations? Effects profile?

Last edited:
Is this generally more euphoric than diph?
Idk why iam even asking since i should just stay away from these crazy chems but the novelty of trying em all is so strong :)
People seem to think so, yes. I have only done diph and will probably test the methoxy diph iv soon. Tbh I see no need for more euphoria than diphenidine causes, which can be fucking crazy already in that respect. Hoever both could be quite dysphoric as well.

I swear there is this weird synergy between dissociatives and fish tank filters, the way they help warp any music you have playing and close off the outside world and create your own little bubble it really is neat, almost making it even more comfortable.
You're perceptive. You've caught on to the interaction between relatively uniform auditory input and dissociative aural hallucinations. I theorize that it's because such noises, be they fish filters, fans, air conditioners, a rushing stream, etc., approximate white noise, or random auditory noise. It's the randomness that does it. Our heads aren't sure where to categorize it, so it serves as a "blank white canvas," onto which we project all sorts of interesting things in our dissociated mind state. I posted a little about how it's possible to exploit such noises in the diphenidine thread earlier.

eurgh, I hate it. Bombed 100mg the other day. Slug-k. Don't remember much, just lying in bed feeling messy but not in a good way. 12 hours later I was still slurring my words.

This particular aspect of fearlessness is where the possible danger of dissociatives lies. On psychedelics I am super apprehensive of my actions and behave like a scared rodent, while on MXPH I can easily go and engage in conversations with random people on subjects clearly diagnostic of half of disorders listed in DSM. MXPH is especially unsafe in this regard, since high doses of it do not physically incapacitate me like schizo-level doses of MXE or DXM do, thus allowing to physically engage in utterly delusional activities (like talking to a hedgehog - happened last week). Because of this I am considering locking myself in the apartment and hiding the keys while going high on MXPH for safety reasons.
Indeed, the same goes for diphenidine. I usually log out of facebook (not out of bluelight lol) and remove the login/password from my firefox and also hide the battery of my phone and the phone itself in different places. I can still recover all those things usually, but the fact that I hid them reminds me of whatever it is I'm doing being stupid. I forgot the phone thing last time and it was pretty much a total disaster. I actually called a person who was disappointed in my behaviour in a certain situation (unrightfully so to some degree imho). We hadn't really talked since that situation had occured so it was SUPER fucking awkward. If I had just been a little more impaired I couldn't have talked, but there was actually a long conversation. Disaster. Maybe not a disaster I don't know. We haven't talked since then.

What exactly makes you say that? I'm not saying it's not, I'm just curious what you think indicates this could bind to monoamine transporters. Structural considerations? Effects profile?

Some old study data that I found when looking at the original patent for Diphenidine from a long time back, I can't find it anymore so I might be wrong and thinking of something else but I'm fairly certain it was concerning Diphenidine, and considering that the two compounds are very similar (I have a fair amount of experience with both) I'd expect them to be similar in that nature.

A lot of people have found Diphenidine and this similar to 3-MeO-PCP, if I recall correctly 3-MeO-PCP is a DRI & SRI, or just an SRI, so maybe that's the nature of this compound. There's undeniably some action of the sort going on considering the clear-headedness of these compounds when compared to say Ketamine - it's the SRI properties of MXE and 3-MeO-PCP that make them more grounded and clear-headed after all.

Haha, dude, I emailed my boss on my ibogaine flood dose, on the beginning of the 3rd day when I was still mostly in another world, because I got confused and thought it was several days later and I was supposed to be working, and I couldn't work my computer or electronics so I started to think I was going insane and I needed to talk to someone. It was the worst email ever, oh my god, so bad (it'll be in my report), I was talking about being controlled by occult forces and taking ibogaine. He tried calling me multiple times and one time I accidentally answered, but by then my brother had called and calmed me down and I realized I shouldn't have emailed him. He was on vacation so 4 days later when he got back, he confronted me about it. It turned out fine because he knew about my opiate addiction and was happy that I had done something to get past it, but it could have been really bad. I could have just as easily lost my awesome job where I make a lot of money and get to work at home with people who care.

Some old study data that I found when looking at the original patent for Diphenidine from a long time back, I can't find it anymore so I might be wrong and thinking of something else but I'm fairly certain it was concerning Diphenidine, and considering that the two compounds are very similar (I have a fair amount of experience with both) I'd expect them to be similar in that nature.

A lot of people have found Diphenidine and this similar to 3-MeO-PCP, if I recall correctly 3-MeO-PCP is a DRI & SRI, or just an SRI, so maybe that's the nature of this compound. There's undeniably some action of the sort going on considering the clear-headedness of these compounds when compared to say Ketamine - it's the SRI properties of MXE and 3-MeO-PCP that make them more grounded and clear-headed after all.
It's funny you would say that, I was looking for a study I had read about it and couldn't find it for the life of me.
I'd most closely compare this one to PCP btw, but the mania I get off it during the actual intoxication is very similar to what I experience when I take any kind of serotonergic drug.

While I'm a big fan of speculating like this and drawing conclusions from the effects and side effects, these speculations have a tendency to be mistaken for facts by others when it happens on a forum like bluelight. For now it's simply a hunch and we should be careful with speculations unless we want every other user to recite potentially wrong information as facts.

Since you seem to have been using both quite a few times if I got you right there, could you quickly outline the differences in terms of dosage, effects and duration? Have you tried 2-MeO-Diphenidine IV and can tell me how oral compares to intravenous doses?

Btw if I haven't said this before I think both MXP as well as diphenidine are horrible names for the compound. We can't start calling every compound with a methoxy group in it "MX?", just because we yearn for having a cool sounding 3 letter identifier. Diphenidine is half way ok, but since it seems to follow the naming pattern used in amphetamine and other compounds, it should be diphetidine to reflect the ethyl attached to the piperidine. It's a shame we let vendors dictate these names.

@Xorkoth
Oh god, I'll be waiting for that report. That sounds like a potential disaster lol. Really cool boss you got there. I was just writing about the importance of hiding the phone after removing the battery and placing it somewhere else.^^ Ibogaine is one drug I never got my hands on, but would've loved to. :/

There's still time. :) Lower doses (my lower dose was 350mg, mostly of the TA extract which I feel is super important since a plain HCl trip seems incomplete according to numerous people and a bit on my own experience in taking a pure HCl starter dose for the flood dose and a 200mg TA starter dose for the 350mg experience), are appropriate to take without supervision, and it was one of the best trips I've ever had, it started with incredibly realistic and intense open eye visuals and then after a couple of hours I was pulled into semi-waking dreams with my eyes closed, amazing, awesome dreams that were actually better and more cohesive dreams than I had on my flood dose.

The flood dose on the other hand needs to be taken very seriously. I only had constant supervision for the first 12 hours, which in talking with people was deemed to be long enough and that I'd be more or less with it with my eyes open, except I'd want to stay down for a good day and a half longer. Well, I did stay down for the first 2 days, but that third day I got up and was still dreaming while awake, and the world SEEMED to make sense, but in reality, as my friends later told me since I went over to spend the night at their house later, I was mostly talking nonsense and not there. Anything could have happened. What did happen was almost bad enough, I sent weird texts to my parents and a terrible email to my boss because I got in my head that it was several days later than it really was and I was missing work, and the stress of not being able to function my electronics caused me to freak out for about 2 hours, during which all of this happened. Other than the partial awareness and the deeply spiritual and wonderful feeling aspects of it (the whole flood dose - with the TA and HCl combined - felt wonderful, amazing, comfortable), it may as well have been datura because I was really not there enough to function. I may have also talked to my neighbor, not sure, I just remember wanting to talk with him and apparently I told my friend later that I did talk to him, but I also have a memory of him going inside before I could. I've been too scared to ask him if I talked to him. =D He's my age and seems cool, maybe not a drug user, but maybe, and probably cool with him. I did tell him about my opiate addiction prior to this and he was supportive. I want to be friends with him, but if I came up to him babbling about ibogaine and god knows what, he might see me different now.

So yeah, it's a really good story now though, I am about halfway done writing it but as I am feeling pretty much 100% better from opiates now, I am writing it faster than I was, I suspect in a few days it will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.