Writing-up Motives for Ecstasy Use Survey

brybryZ5

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!

I am a current graduate student at California State University, Dominguez Hills, and I am working on a research study that is looking at potential motivators for ecstasy use amongst adolescents and adults. Given that most research, regarding ecstasy use, has focused on its effects on the brain, this study aims to expand the limited knowledge and literature for specific motives that influence ecstasy use amongst adolescents and adults.

This particular study is looking for both non-users and or past/current users of ecstasy. For non-users of ecstasy, this study is looking for individuals who are thinking about trying ecstasy for the first time, and what motives might influence them to do so. In addition, only individuals over the age of 18 will be asked for this study. This survey will take roughly anywhere from 5-10 minutes, depending on the individual.

If you wish to participate, please keep in mind that any, and all information that you provide will be completely anonymous and kept private. In addition, If you choose to participate in the study, you can withdraw at any time without consequences of any kind.

If you would like to participate in this study, both links (one for non-users and the other for past/current users) will be provided below. Your time and contribution to this study will be greatly appreciated.

For NON-USERS of ecstasy – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V3nO8LLycei45wp5B7u-XIHQVozGNOwGSCC5u46RHHg/viewform

For PAST/CURRENT USERS of ecstasy – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XTMVY7RzhEve6Kp017y2oOkTwJxL-7ihd4k0vr2_dkc/viewform

Lastly, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Bryant Portillo at [email protected] or the professor for this class, Dr. Jessica Cail at 310-506-6680 or [email protected]

Thank you all for your time!

Interesting. What specifically is the study for? Also, I'd be interested in your results. Do you have a projection for when those will be available?

Great questions! The study is part of a class project. These results will be available right around mid December, or earlier if possible!

Great questions! The study is part of a class project. These results will be available right around mid December, or earlier if possible!

Hey, Just so you know, there is some research on motives for MDMA/ecstasy use. Do a search for "ter Bogt and Engels ecstasy motives." They did one of the best studies in this area. You can also find some of there data in my thesis - if you do a google search for "Alan Davis Ecstasy Craving" you should be able to find it as I used their motives measure in my master's thesis.

Good luck.

Alan

Hey, Just so you know, there is some research on motives for MDMA/ecstasy use. Do a search for "ter Bogt and Engels ecstasy motives." They did one of the best studies in this area. You can also find some of there data in my thesis - if you do a google search for "Alan Davis Ecstasy Craving" you should be able to find it as I used their motives measure in my master's thesis.

Good luck.

Alan

Hi Alan!

Funny enough, I have used ter Bogt's motive measure from 'Party Style Motives' in this study! I will research your thesis as well! Thank you for the heads up, it is greatly appreciated.

Bryant

the only reasonable answer is "to have a legitimate reason to wave around glow sticks"

i want to use it to be socialble, because i fail at it without drugs, but i havnt taken drugs so im still an un sociable mess