• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does anyone know what knock-off acid usually is or how to identify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

besitos

Greenlighter
I have some acid a friend wants to share with me but I've heard that in the area I'm in that it's almost impossible to find true, pure acid. Either way, the source said he took some and had an excellent trip with no side-effects afterwards that he'd noticed. I don't know if I should trust that, even though he is a trustworthy guy and wouldn't want to hurt anyone. It's just such a rare thing to get your hands on here it's got the too-good-to-be-true kinda effect.
So, is there any sure way I can tell if the sheets, drops, whatever form this stuff is in is real? And if not, does anyone know what people usually use as knock-off acid, or things people mistake for acid?... If there even is a similar, common drug for this. Because if it looks legit but it isn't, I'd like to have some kind of idea of what I might ingest or at least inform him what he has before offering to people who are more naive, like myself.

I feel the need to say this in every thread - sorry if this is the wrong forum or broke any rules but I think I'm getting the hang of this site... I hope.

There's numerous psychedelic chemicals which can fit onto a blotter.
The easiest way to test for LSD is too use ehrlichs reagent which doesn't test specifically for LSD, but for an indole ring; I don't think any tryptamines are active in doses low enough to be put on blotter besides LSD anyway.
Otherwise there is no way besides sending it in for laboratory testing.
Also no what ID threads

If your 'acid' is bitter, strangely visual, and little to no mind-fuck is most likely an NBOME.

If you 'acid' tab is larger than normal, bitter, average to strong visually, and lasts a LONG time it's most likely DOx.

The only way too know for sure is an ehrlichs test. All anyone can do is guess which is why these threads aren't allowed. Also if you come across anyone trying to administer their 'acid' nasally as a nose drip, DON'T take it as its more likely than not an NBOME

If your 'acid' is bitter, strangely visual, and little to no mind-fuck is most likely an NBOME.

If you 'acid' tab is larger than normal, bitter, average to strong visually, and lasts a LONG time it's most likely DOx.

The only way too know for sure is an ehrlichs test. All anyone can do is guess which is why these threads aren't allowed. Also if you come across anyone trying to administer their 'acid' nasally as a nose drip, DON'T take it as its more likely than not an NBOME

See, this is why. Your identifiers are different from mine. 25x is almost void of visuals for me and most people I know who use it. It also has more of a mindfuck for me. DOx tabs I've gotten are sometimes the same size as LSD blotters. All of the above may taste bitter because of the ink. Again only way to know is a testing kit.

5-meo-amt can be put onto blotter, i've run into it before.

I've even seen 3 mg of DOC loaded onto 1 single square before.

The square was crystalline and sparkled....

See, this is why. Your identifiers are different from mine. 25x is almost void of visuals for me and most people I know who use it. It also has more of a mindfuck for me. DOx tabs I've gotten are sometimes the same size as LSD blotters. All of the above may taste bitter because of the ink. Again only way to know is a testing kit.

That's strange, 25i and 25c were both some of the most visual serotonergic psychedelics I've tried

It's not the ink causing NBOMes, DOx, 5-MeO-AMT to be bitter.

There have been people insisting piperonal was found in some European LSD blotters and could possibly explain the 'soapy' 'fruit loop' taste found. I have yet to see an analysis that says such though, as I've had some of the same exact blotters tested and only LSD was detected.

Piperonal could only appear intentionally in an LSD blotter. The theory is it's been added to make a distinct taste to tell the blotters apart from the mimics. These claims I cannot say with any amount of certainty.

UV light would be the simplest way for a quick test.
LSD will glow light blue, similar to tonic water, while most other chems active in micro gram amounts will not.
This is not a full proof test, but it is the easiest way to tell if it is not.
If it doesn't glow, you definitely do not have LSD.

The blotter paper can glow too though (or would it not because it is not blanc'd chlorinated paper?) so best would be to extract (soak) the blotter into a minimal volume of water, vodka or everclear and UV check that. The λ of the UV probably does not matter.

Since the TS is not returning to post and I have already suggested a conclusion and redirection, I'm just gonna go ahead and close this. You can quote discussion-worthy stuff to appropriate other threads or a new one if you like, and / or notify involved bluelighters..

Status
Not open for further replies.