• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[MUSIC] The 80's thread .... (links only please, no full video screens)

Black - Wonderful Life

Black - Everything's Coming Up Roses

Loved the album as well
lWVhcgW.jpg

indie arrived in late 88/89.

That's not true at all! Indie was well on the way to the dogs by then.

It was Madchester which started in '88 / '89. Most of which was utter bollocks. Real indie was stuff like Orange Juice, The Shop Assistants, The Pastels and this:

Felt - Sunlight Bathed The Golden Glow

This:

New Order - Age Of Consent‎

Or this:

Primal Scream - Velocity Girl

Or if you were in the US, this:

Black Flag - TV Party

Maybe this:

Hüsker Dü - Celebrated Summer‎

Meanwhile, the Ramones were still making great records like this:

Ramones - The KKK Took My Baby Away

Lots of good music in the eighties, some of which suffered from an eighties musical aesthetic, some of which didn't.

If only somebody could get a time machine, go back to the 80s and prevent by whatever mean necessary the birth of hip hop.

Imagine how more pleasant would be inner city neighbourhoods around the world would be if soul motown music and disco were stll prevalent...we can only dream

Right i'm here to put this to fukin bed . [video=youtube_share;RpsLzRqTpZc]http://youtu.be/RpsLzRqTpZc[/video]

If you can come with a Disco track that can address serious issues like Domestic Violence like teh one above then , well we will see...

Sorry bout the vid but i can't let this go without a likkle summink

Can't do it from my phone but if I could then i would post link up for Adam and The Ants 'Stand and Deliver'.

That's not true at all! Indie was well on the way to the dogs by then..

yeah i agree about that it was formed well before the late 80S, The Smiths, The JAMC, The Cure, The Bunnymen, were all big WAY before then. Im sorry SHM but for once you are actually wrong, and even I can see that.

i cant state what the first indie bands were, but joy division were arguably the first of the bigger indie bands of the 1980s and they were formed in 1976 nad getting big by the late 70s. Im not that much of an indie music geek to say the first independent record was put on on xxxx by xxxx in xxxx..Im not too sure about the record company lables of the punk indie scene but Crass certainly werent on any major label, they started in 77.

Billy Bragg New England

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCfRcgoPxTw

Last edited: