• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides White fluff LSD vs Needlepoint LSD

Needlepoint for sure. The amazing tie dye hue on everything you look at ... takes the cake every damn time. Nothing as genuine as a Needlepoint quality dose.

It clearly is sarcasm! Oh well, I'm sorry I'm sure you're a fine young man!

Wasn't referring to the SWIM forums.

There are other more advanced chemistry forums you can find by googling, and they allow synth talk and no swim BS.

No, I know, I was just saying part of the reason I prefer bluelight to other drug forums is due to the lack of that stuff, not that they can talk about synth much either. Its just nice to have everything under one roof at times. But regardless, as I said, I have a mediocre understanding at best so the glazed over synths without the details are plenty enough for me to nod my head and move on

What kind of reliability can you put on this kind of evidence tho flatline? Who are we talking about? Clueless teenagers who still think if you take too much acid you turn into a glass of orange juice?

I certainly can't put 100% or even 80% reliability on it..

But there has been cases that I know of where dozens of experienced LSD users say a certain “batch” of LSD is not good. And it seems common enough that it is a global experience of a good amount of LSD users reporting similar experiences. Yeah it is vague, but enough it really makes me wonder..

We have all heard “scientists” come out with reports and studies for decades on drugs, that drug users knew were BS. But the scientist had PHDs, were accredited, blabala. Then more studies and more education came about and the “facts” the studies “proved” where proved wrong.

Just look at all the false facts that have been put out by scientists about MDMA, marijuana, cocaine. Back in the forefront of the research there was few researchers, so no one to dispute the research with other studies.

Like I said I am on the fence about the whole issue but it will take more then one or two “studies” to make me write off thousands of reports for experienced users.

Many people claimed 4-aco-dmt was the same as 4-ho-dmt but then users could feel the difference. Even though it was “scientifically” the same in the human body.

How they lay it could be flawed either method, could be uneven either way

And how you lay it has nothing to do with what dose you end up with per blot

Dumb question

How they lay it could be flawed either method, could be uneven either way

And how you lay it has nothing to do with what dose you end up with per blot

Dumb question

Im sorry but you just totally contradicted yourself bro. On one hand you say how they lay it could be flawed leading to uneven blots, then you go on to say how you lay it has nothing to do with the dose per blot?

:?

What do you really mean here?

Anyone who can mix up a batch of Kool-Aid can lay blotter if they have the crystal...

I just saw a clip from a nat. geo. special talking about Nick sands and the orange sunshine acid...he mentions himself that they were 300 mcgs....In the book orange sunshine, it talks about Tim Leary living with the brotherhood of eternal love in California and Leary being disappointed with the LSD they had...the orange sunshine was made by Sands partly to make Tim Leary happy...

It mentions in that book, which just in case anybody's planning on hating on, is the only book that many of the members of the BEL ever go on record talking about the Malibu drug scene in the '60s...It mentions that many of the people back then, who were using pharm grade LSD before it was even illegal thought that the Orange Sunshines were a more "soulless trip" than some of the previous batches....

In case anyone didn't know this, the Grateful Dead used to play at Ken Kesey's acid tests in the '60s...Their original manager and sound guy was Owsley Stanley, one of the most infamous LSD manufacturers ever...

Many of the original followers of the Grateful Dead were people who were actually at Kesey's acid tests in the '60s....

by the time I managed to get involved with the Dead acid scene, many of those people were still alive and touring....When Jerry died, it wasn't like it is now with 800 festivals and a million Jam bands all trying to imitate the dead. the Grateful Dead was the only thing like that going on at the time besides Phish and a handful of other bands....

The followers of the Dead can trace the lineage of the tradition of being a deadhead straight back to Kesey and the acid tests, and if you were there before Jerry died, although it had changed a lot, many of the people directly involved with the drugs going around at the shows were in California in the original Haight/Ashbury flower power thing...

It may be hard for some younger folks to imagine now, living in a time period that's completely based on celebrating, ripping off and regurgitating fake trends where everything has become a caricature of itself...may be difficult to actually imagine what Dead Tour was like....

To say the different kind of crystals is all bullshit, is to basically call the tradition of the Grateful Dead(different than the band) bullshit! And to call the Grateful Dead LSD scene bullshit is pretty much the same as calling the '60s California psychedelic scene bullshit, because they were one in the same!

Aside from some one off batches, I'll go out on a limb and say that the majority of the LSD consumed in the US(and much of the world) trickled down from Dead tour!

So, I don't really understand where people "I know better" snickering comes from...

To say the different kind of crystals is all bullshit, is to basically call the tradition of the Grateful Dead(different than the band) bullshit! And to call the Grateful Dead LSD scene bullshit is pretty much the same as calling the '60s California psychedelic scene bullshit, because they were one in the same!

Okay well then its all bullshit.

The power of suggestion is a crazy thing. I've seen it in action. I gave an EMPTY blotter to a friend of mine and told him it was the strongest acid I had ever had. He's a seasoned tripper. He "tripped balls" off of that blank blotter. He still to this day doesn't believe when I tell him that it had nothing on it.

If someone takes a certain type of acid and starts telling people that its "soulless" then people are going to associate that trait with that acid and that suggestion is going to be in their subconscious during the trip and emerge, bringing that experience into reality.

The fact that LSD is most often found in blotter form, commonly with distinct imagery, it is VERY easy to associate a certain type of trip with that "brand" of blotter. That doesn't make any actual change to the acid that is on the blotter.

Placebo effect is a very real phenomenon. Ever fucked with someone while tripping and thrown them into a bad trip just by a single suggestion? I've had it done to me and I've done it to others - it is especially powerful on high doses of LSD and virtually inescapable. I've never seen any other drug exhibit such behavior to the extent that LSD does. This was all on known great acid that it happened. In fact, one of the times, the acid had been described as the "cleanest, most spiritual acid I've ever taken" by one of my friends who sold it to me and regularly sold me all kinds of high quality products.

What I can gather from this BoT is an argument between current & former LSD distributors vs. scientific methodologists with unannounced relations to LSD.

But yes enough of the appeal to authority. There are people on this site from John Hopkins who study this sort of thing. There's others who were right there with BluesHues ripping off pages, even Bibles, of LSD. I suggest the latter are rogue with their tales of LSD selling escapades for legal reasons because they might even still be there for all we know. It doesn't matter. Those arguments don't hold weight in the realm of science, a land where we decipher and decrypt the ever-moving questions behind "What is true?" and "What is not true?". John Hopkins or LSD dealer your background does not alter the facts as humans are presently cognizant.

tend to listen when they speak.
couldnt imagine reading this during an exp.

^I'm not saying that "it's all bullshit" or anything like that....

I'm right there with everyone saying that it's impossible for their to be active amounts of byproduct in the synthesis of LSD....and I absolutely agree that psychology plays a huge role in it...

I read a book that talks about Owsley making batches of microdot LSD tablets...He'd make one batch purple and everyone loved it, he'd make the next batch yellow and tell everyone it was even better and everyone all of the sudden wanted the yellow ones and didn't think the purple ones were as good!

That being said, the kids that walk around and talk about white fluff, amber...dead family blahblahblah these days are just trying to pretend to be part of something they missed the boat on by parroting some shit that sounds like they know a lot about acid....

but, the era that I'm talking about was before 99% of the people going to dead shows buying acid even knew anything about about "crystal"....all they cared about was tripping off the blotter...

the only people who would talk about the different kinds of crystal were hardcore deadheads and the people dealing it....

Now, like I said before...I knew a few different people during those years who had access to the crystal, a few grams at a time....but to get the crystal not on blotter, you basically had to have been around forever and really personally know the exact people who had it....

As far as a regular person on dead tour for the first time in the '90s...literally anyone who went to a couple shows and knew a couple of people could score 1-2000 hits laid on blotter, no problem whatsoever, could walk across the parking lot and make it happen in ten minutes! I'm kind of dicksizing here, but I'm trying to illustrate the sheer volume of LSD that was going through the shows...

The few people I knew who actually laid the blotter themselves were the ones who were always mentioning the different types of crystal...the younger kids who were actually selling the doses were the ones just parroting back what we heard from them...honestly, we had no idea...you give me 1000 hits of LSD...I take it and trip, I sell it for x amount of money, beyond that I have no idea except from what I'm hearing from the older Deadheads...whatever it was, there has to be something to it...

Of course, we all thought that a gram was a lot of LSD...and assumed that whoever was making it must be only making...IDK, an ounce at a time....

come to find out, there's these guys in Kansas making pounds of the shit and basically supplying the whole world!

so, either there are different types of crystal, that while they may not have any active adulterants in them yield varying levels of purity....Or, the people who were actually at the level above even selling the blotter that were distributing the pure crystal were making the whole thing up so that even the high level dealers would be misinformed and any info being gleened by people investigating the Dead would be tainted....IDK, that's all I can think of...

All bullshit aside, it's pretty common knowledge that the Kansas guys apperson or Pickard or whomever's LSD was the legendary "white fluff", which was simply high purity LSD....

Now, I guess the real question for the people on this thread who know the science is...Is it possible to make batches with varying amounts of LSD in the finished product by weight, with some having inactive stuff left behind accounting for the lower purity...

In other words, could you have a batch that was 57% pure and a batch that was 78% pure...Or is the very nature of the thing such that everyone has a completely uniform product every time?

Now, I guess the real question for the people on this thread who know the science is...Is it possible to make batches with varying amounts of LSD in the finished product by weight, with some having inactive stuff left behind accounting for the lower purity...

In other words, could you have a batch that was 57% pure and a batch that was 78% pure...Or is the very nature of the thing such that everyone has a completely uniform product every time?

It is extremely easy to have varying purity levels in any chemical. It depends on the synthesis route that is used, how many times it is washed, and other conditions. LSD is notoriously difficult to synthesize. We can't go into specifics but even the lighting that is used can impact the end result. The difficulty of making LSD and the risks associated with mass LSD production are two things that definitely play into the supply disparity and favor other chemicals in its place.

BluesHues-The main goal of Owsley, The Brotherhood of Eternal love, Nick Sands, Skinner, etc. was all about selling illegal drugs, promoting/selling their "brand" of LSD even though all LSD is just LSD, and making lots of money from doing it, and nothing more.

Going on and on about how you were a tour rat and lot trash slanging doses is pointless. I was also involved with going to see bands but I went there for the music and could care less about the drugs and the shady people, wooks, and criminal types the scene attracted who could care less about the band and their music. 90s dead shows sucked and by that time anyone that loved music went to see phish instead.

In the 60s Owsley would have different "brands" of LSD and it was all the same drug LSD. There are books about the grateful dead that explain this.

There's also this which shows that Sandoz LSD is just, big surprise LSD.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_article2.shtml

Last edited:
60 hours no sleep I think. Lost count. Feeling a little loopy but I guess I will attempt to type a fitting response. You think I'm crazy now read some of my conspiracy theories regarding LSD. Aha,

You need precision in the LSD synthesis (through column chromotography) so you don't end up with a polymorph altogether. Side reactions need to be monitored and controlled at all times. First how the lysergic acid and ergotamine hydrolyze is imperative. Lysergic acid like LSD is an asymmetrical molecule with two stereocenters so it can have four stereoisomers, and just as in LSD only the positive being worthwhile. The isolysergic acid will form at varying levels as an impurity depending on how well the reaction took place. Time and care of the chemist is a factor here on how much that will matter. Then how well the diethylamine reacts with the lysergic acid will take care of the rest, therefore converting through a series of abadacadabras and allakhazams everything into the positive stereoisomer of LSD and the poopy iso-LSD. So that's what you have left along with possibly an infetesimal amount of solvent that isn't even worth mentioning, except for the sake of argument, until the degradation monster creeps in giving way to the possibility of converting the remaining positive stereoisomer of LSD into the garbage lumi-LSD. LSD as a crystal doesn't have very good crystal-forming habits so it will struggle to form its lattice structure with ease at any purity level. SO looking at a crystal and saying it so and so pure because of this or that is nonsense for that reason. Other synthesis can be performed such as the earlier proposed coupling peptide reagent and diethylamine. Still the reaction takes place and you get the same byproducts or you end up with nothing usable. You'll know you failed, too, if your a chemist that can get that far.

Now my algebra may be terrible but let us say you have 90% LSD and 10% impurity. That is, you have 90% (+)-D-LSD, 9% iso-LSD, 1% solvent/other potential byproducts as a result of other impurities along the way. Of the quantitative analysis I have observed of LSD blotters, the median strength is about 50 micrograms. That means for every 'hit' there is 5 micrograms of impurity. Five. 99% of that would be iso-LSD in this scenario, which as earlier stated found inactive at dosages over 200x the threshold of (+)-D-LSD, if even active at any non-lethal dosage. (If a lethal dosage could hypothetically even be achieved.) So that means for every 80 blotters that I eat out of this batch, no body load can be attributed to iso-LSD. That leaves the solvent of which there are only 500 nanograms per blotter in this scenario. How do you even measure that let alone say that must be the cause of body load rather than the pharmacodynamics of (+)-D-LSD, which is even less understood? Possibly it's increased glutamate release that causes us to have these crazy psychedelic effects, sometimes coined as akin to rebirth, but we just don't know yet. To know that we would need to know more things about the brain that we are way behind in our time of knowing. It's a process. We'll get there.

%)

BluesHues-The main goal of Owsley, The Brotherhood of Eternal love, Nick Sands, Skinner, etc. was all about selling illegal drugs, promoting/selling their "brand" of LSD even though all LSD is just LSD, and making lots of money from doing it, and nothing more.

Going on and on about how you were a tour rat and lot trash slanging doses is pointless. I was also involved with going to see bands but I went there for the music and could care less about the drugs and the shady people, wooks, and criminal types the scene attracted who could care less about the band and their music. 90s dead shows sucked and by that time anyone that loved music went to see phish instead.

In the 60s Owsley would have different "brands" of LSD and it was all the same drug LSD. There are books about the grateful dead that explain this.

There's also this which shows that Sandoz LSD is just, big surprise LSD.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_article2.shtml

I actually haven't given a shit about that stuff for a long time...It's been 14 years since I was even passively involved in it....I play a completely different kind of music.....People use drugs here and there, but it's more about the music itself for me now....I've been to a few small raves here and there because some of my friends still DJ, but I only know from what's told to me what these huge mega-events are like...

And actually, I'm not a huge tour rat, never was....I toured a little bit and was in the loop with a lot of Deadheads during that time...I'm not really a stereotypical "deadhead" person at all....I'm more of just a nineties skater/punk alt-rock guy actually...

I actually thought the whole Dead scene was pretty retarded in a lot of ways, but I got to see it at a time where it was still possible to see what it once was....

I can't even imagine what it's like now in the "hippie show" world....I've kind of outgrown a lot of that stuff....I don't think I'd ever deal drugs purely for profit for a living ever again...I'd actually rather work like a normal person or get paid for my own artistic efforts, not something I ever would have wanted when I was 19....

First, I want to make clear that I think at least 99% of the "dirty acid" cases are psychological, not chemical differences in product in the blotter.

But I think the presence off byproduct at a active dosage can theoricaly occure, its not just about iso-LSD or lumi-LSD.
And all the agrument I eard proving it can NEVER arrive dont seems rigourous enough to me to say NEVER.

You need precision in the LSD synthesis (through column chromotography) so you don't end up with a polymorph altogether. Side reactions need to be monitored and controlled at all times.
You dont need chromatography to make LSD (or anything else ).
Chromatography just allow you to separate the product you want from the unreact/byproducts at any stage, and therfore leading to a purest product at the end.
Its a purification, not a way to improve the efficience of the reaction ( you know it, LSD Cruiser, i just explain to others ).
So if this purification is not vital for the reactions to occure, for some dark chemists it can be see as a waist of time, money (buy column), and adding a step in a synthesis raise risk of degradation of the very fragile molecule ( light, oxydation, isomerisation,...).
If you dont discare the byproducts and go ahead in the reactions, you end with a mess of a mixt of chemicals as a result, but the total yield of LSD s the same (if not superior ).
I gess that some chemist can choose the dirty way.
At the end there could be LSD, iso-LSD, lumi-LSD in the mixt, but also all sort of other stuff.
Those stuff are unknown, so i can only speak of precursors, ex : ergotamine.
10% yield for this type of synthesis is not uncomun in less than avrage sophisticate laboratory.
So to make 100 mcg of LSD, you nead 1mg of ergotamine.
If the unreact ergotamine is not dicare by chromatography or other way, the final product can be 100mcg LSD + 900mcg ergotamine.
This dose is the usual pharmaceutic dose of ergotamine, and 10% of the patients using 1mg ergotamine for migraine report nausea and vasoconstriction.
The point is that all this can arrive, i dont know if it has in real cases, but you cant just say no-never-impossible.

PS : do you believe this "bitter is from inck" explaination? Nowdays print paper is not bitter, poor LSD maker that can't afford non bitter ink knowing every customer will ask about this bitterness.

Last edited:
It mentions in that book, which just in case anybody's planning on hating on, is the only book that many of the members of the BEL ever go on record talking about the Malibu drug scene in the '60..

Is that "brotherhood of eternal love"? the book? I'm afraid I'm going to have to hate on it blue - it's kids stuff. Even has the strychnine urban myth in it as fact.

After reading through a few threads and articles on this debate I am still on the fence about it. What keeps me on the fence is-

Possible impurities in LSD that would fit on a blotter are not “active” but combined with LSD they possibly could be. We don't know.

Traces of chemicals in psilocybin mushrooms are not active by themselves but you mix them with 4-ho-dmt and they alter the trip. The same goes for mescaline in cactus, DMT in ayahuasca, by products in wine and beer, basically most active substances can be altered with other substances that are not active by themselves.

To me there is not enough info and tests on what impurities combined with LSD will produce as far as side effects.

The only way to prove this in my head would be to gather a collection of impurities that could be found in a blotter tab, get pure LSD and try mixing the impurities(in amounts that could realistically be on a blotter tab) with the LSD and look for altered trips.

Possible impurities in LSD that would fit on a blotter are not “active” but combined with LSD they possibly could be. We don't know.

They'd need to be pretty active to compete with a molecule with the power of LSD tho - they'd need to be active or you wouldn't feel it alongside the maelstrom of LSD surely? (Don't call me shirley)

Traces of chemicals in psilocybin mushrooms are not active by themselves but you mix them with 4-ho-dmt and they alter the trip. The same goes for mescaline in cactus, DMT in ayahuasca, by products in wine and beer, basically most active substances can be altered with other substances that are not active by themselves.

What chemicals are there in mushrooms that affect the psilocybin/psilocin trip tho flatline? Do you mean baestyn or whatever it's called? That's active. I don't think it has much effect tho. I can't think of anything else in mushrooms. I'm not sure anything alters a psilocybin trip apart from a big dose of something major like an MAOI.

I think anything inactive is simply urinated out of the body. If it's inactive how can your brain detect it? With wine and beer you can add inactive things that your taste buds can pick up but your brain probably doesn't notice it apart from you thinking "This tastes nice".

Who makes a “living working with LSD” ?

David Nichols

Who pays for that ?

Purdue University

The DEA ?

No

Have people tested every single impurity that can be produced in a batch of LSD?

Yes

And how many people have tested this?

Many. Thats the nature of peer review.

Or just as far as you have seen on the Internet?

This is all from established scientific literature.

Is that "brotherhood of eternal love"? the book? I'm afraid I'm going to have to hate on it blue - it's kids stuff. Even has the strychnine urban myth in it as fact.

Wow, youre...nevermind

It doesn't have anything even remotely resembling the "strychnine myth"....

the majority of the sources for that book are direct interviews by the author with the parties in question....It's not even close to kids stuff...

What are you just some bitter old guy who took acid once 50 years ago?