• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam recreational value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartianonDope

Bluelighter
I've been on and off Clonazepam for about 2 years and keep trying to find out its recreational potential. I am on 8mgs now and all I feel is relaxed, I use to dose 17mgs everytime to get high . I'm just wondering how much of this stuff do I have to take to get high? My friend takes 30 1mg pills to feel good so let me know, also there the 2mg tevas, also besides alcohol and opiates what else mixes with pins good to ? Don't worry I can handle any drug combo at this point in my life.

Last edited:
Clonazepam isn't really recreational. Dosing 30mg or 17mg at once isn't going to get you high, all its going to do is increase your tolerance more. Chasing a "high" from high dose benzos is playing with fire.

IMO, benzos, especially the longer-acting ones like clonazepam, have little to no recreational value. They are super effective tools however. Mixing benzos (especially high doses) with alcohol and/or opiates is asking for trouble.

How can you take doses like 17mg or 30mg and don't fall to sleep? I mean, i know about tolerance, and while i can take about 15mg of flunitrazepam and don't fall asleep, i can't take 6mg clonaz and stay awake...Well, i guess diff drugs act diff to diff people...anyway..

MartinFn

I've basically been on anxiety pills my whole life , everyone I meet needs handfuls to get high . I'm on 18 mgs now , a tiny bit tired but that's it , I redosed with 10 mgs

imo benzos are not recreational drugs at all...they are simply meds that are very effective for anxiety..i have never understood how/why people take them to get 'high'..i never experienced euphoria from benzos, higher doses just put me to sleep..

You don't get euphoria from benzos like you do from other drugs like opiates or cocaine. It just relaxes you. When someone asks me how they make you feel I always reply that when you take them you feel nothing; meaning that in numbs you so much to everything that you are a zombie and don't really have any feelings. For someone that is in an extremely anxious state this can be comforting, but that's about it. You can chill out on them, but don't expect much more than that. With your experience with them you already know all that you will get from them. IMO it's one of the stupidest addictions due to the risk/reward ratio, and I'm glad I got off of them.

One thing that points to them not being that recreational is how people keep looking to take some other drugs or more of the benzo while on it. With something like opiates you get high and are content with how you feel (as long as you took enough for a decent high) and can go about your day, but with benzos it's never enough and people often black out on them and wake up with their stash gone since they apparently ate them all and don't remember it. Not fun...

Exactly. It doesn't make you feel good in the way other drugs do. Nonetheless, there are many, many people on this forum and in general who use this drug group recreationally. For me, it's purely a medicinal type of drug; it's excellent for my anxiety, to help me sleep, or if I'm having a stressfull day from hell. I think people who suffer from constant stress or anxiety will find these drugs to have recreational value; the relief a benzo can give from these can be pretty euphoric.

Wow thats a lot of clonazepam. I've found its best for what it is designed for, anxiety issues. Alone its shite, but a small dose with my dope is a nice change of pace. When I smoked weed I use to love it, because I often got anxiety from weed, but now I just don't smoke. When I was taking them and smoking weed I usually took more than with dope.

Ended up on 18mgs and 8 beers but had to drop a friend of an hour away. Over all pretty straight

Taking that large doses to not even get high is very dangerous territory if you are relying on the pills every day. It will only raise your tolerance to insane levels and make the potential withdrawl much worse up to life-threatening.
The best would be to find the lowest dose you feel normal on (8mgs is still very high) and stay on it.

And as said, mixing other CNS depressants is a recipe for desaster or death. Nobody can handle anything.

€: Jesus, 8 beers...

i have to agree, benzo addiction is probably the dumbest addiction to pick up as the reward is minimal, u get reduced anxiety, thats it..like someone elese said, benzos make you feel nothing so if thats fun to you, go for it..i would hate to feel nothing all the time..

I have been prescribed Alprazolam for about 15 years now.. I am prescribed 6 mg per day.. and that is ALOT.. I couldn't even imagine taking 17-30mg of Clonazepam.. that is seriously too much..

I see friends insulfate 6mg of Alprazolam at one time and see them drink a few beers and get stupid to the point that they will do anything.. taking those kind of doses can really put you deep into addiction and can really put you through hell if you ever don't have any for a few days.

My normal dose is 2mg at bedtime.. every now and then it might take me 4mg (mainly after MDMA) to get good sleep.. other than that I have really tried to get myself down to 2mg every other day.. and doing so I have made it to where I can go a week or more without it with no withdrawal symptoms.. you might want to get yourself down to a safer dose range.. 17-30mg will eventually kill you.. especially when someone offers you a couple Oxy's or Opana's or whatever and you start mixing them with opiates.. I have seen several people die mixing opiates with benzos and they weren't taking anywhere near the dose that you are.

I'm too lazy to read all of the novel's others posted but Clonazepam tends to make you calm, relieve anxiety, and make you forget why you took them it in the first place along with what you did while you were "high"

As it's been already said - clonazepam is not really a benzodiazepine derivative with high recreational value - it comes up very slowly and there is no "rush" to it. Where I live, it is the most widespread BZD, simply because it's the strongest one and cheapest one available, so it's easy to come across clonazepam on the streets (it's very often used for amphetamine comedown). I've got tolerance to BZDs, so I can't feel it any more (I can still feel triazolo- or imidazobenzodiazepines, but then again their pharmacodynamics are a bit different), but I can tell you that once you become tolerant, you can't really feel the difference between 20mg and 40mg... People do stupid things when on clonazepam, because it's really strong, so for a BZD-naive person 2mg is quite a lot. I was prescribed 6mg a day for God knows how long and at that time I felt nothing from taking 6mg all at once in the morning.

To the OP, for a person with no tolerance 30mg would be a very high dose, so your friend must have tolerance. Really, with no tolerance 2mg may cause amnesia, I've seen it many times even from 1mg.

First time I took tried clonz I took 8mg and got a little happy high laughable stoned kinda way then it wore off 2 hours later , think I got that feeling 1 more time doing it, now it's nothing but a quality medication, amazing for anxiety, but even better for muscle based pain, I have nerve damage in my back that causes muscle spasms and get gabapentins for it but they don't fix it, I can take an opiate to fix it completely but it just masks it while im still all stiff whereas clonaz totally relaxes all the seizing muscles and makes me feel flexible and pain free, so for me its a really good 2 in one , infact 3 in 1, anxiety/sleep/muscle painkiller.

Edit: Forgot to mention I never take more than 2mg at a time

Yeah ... I agree with the above. When I switched over from Xanax to Klonopin (doctor's decision) about 6 years ago, I missed the euphoria (slight, but there) of Xanax.

So far as I'm concerned, the only reason I take Klonopin is to ward off Klonopin withdrawal symptoms. If you're looking for recreation, find something fun to do? Benzos are a drag...

I've found clonazepam to be my choice recreational benzo. Long lasting, not too stumble-y or slur-y. Like just the perfect anxiety killer.

Imo that makes it euphoric on its own.

That said, its not dose its set, setting and tolerance. Right now 2-4mgs and having to chill with my gf's friends would be perfect. Just that subtle anxiety killer combined with maybe 2-4 drinks and some heady nugz and I'm perfect, fun, friendly, funny and a social and shit. Otherwise I'd be a mumbling boring mess. Then again my benzo tolerance is near nothing after years of phenazepam/kpin abuse.

If you can't get a 'recreational' effect from 17mgs of clonaz, it's not ever going to happen. IMO you get better effects from small doses, and dumping more on top just adds sedation.

There is such a thing as being so high you don't even realize it.

Mixing other things with such high doses of benzos is a death wish. Some things just aren't worth the risk. Namely, this.

I took 8mgs of klonopin(rivotril) most at once and I felt the benzoed out fucked up balance thing but I never called that a high I wouldn´t take a benzo even if a doctor told me to :D just my opion

most people don't find benzos recreational at all they are only good for relieving anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.