View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The AL-LAD Supply

Gratuitous Grace

Bluelighter
I'm wondering if anyone has any insight or even some speculation on when (or if) we'll see a new "wave" of AL-LAD come back around? Or do we have what we have ... and that's it?

(Note that I'm not revealing sources or asking for them. I know that the planet hasn't run completely dry of AL-LAD. I see it out there. It's just gotten harder for me, personally -- that's all.)

What I'm really after are people's thoughts on the "macro-level" state of play, if you will. What's going on in the industry? Will the popularity of and high demand for this RC lead to another major league batch? My vendor-of-choice has blown both ways on this when I've asked. When it was in decent supply, it was "better order now, we may never see it again." When it was in short supply, it was "restocking could take several months." I don't know what to think...

Now all of this is based on stuff I've read on various boards and such, I'm in no way anywhere near the source of these chems, so who knows how accurate this is.

The AL-LAD (and LSZ but I guess that isn't selling that well) that was going around was made by some European lab with a license to manufacture LSD for research purposes (not like a lot of the rcs that come from china). The reason it became widely available this summer was a combination of the UK nbome ban and somebody finding a better synth for it. Now everyone involved made a lot of money and the stuff is still selling well so I see no reason not to make more. It could be that the lab is currently busy making something else and can't make more right now and others could be hard to find. But in the long run as long as it remains legal I see no reason for them not to make more. The vendors and the lab make money, the customers are happy. Everyone is a winner. So if you ask me, we may see temporary shortages (if labs that can make it are rare and often busy with other orders), but nothing long lasting. I mean if I was a vendor I'd happily pay for a synth. It's a guaranteed sell and the profit involved big. In fact I think we'll be seeing more of LSD's unscheduled cousins.

There seems to be a ton of chinese labs offering it for sale. Whether it's genuine or not I do not know.

Perhaps they figured out how to make it.... it's not like they are stupid.... or it's a fake and they are selling some random nbome for the price of al-lad (again not stupid)... anyone willing to buy some and have it tested?

Only reason I see is there actually is a new synth and it's being kept secret atm. Otherwise there's no reason they wouldn't be able to if the found it profitable.

*there will be none of that sourcery*
You need to talk to Ismene about that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is walking a fine line regarding the no source discussion rule ... keep it clean and general, actually I'm afraid this is destined to resort to vagueness.

Who can provide enlightening ideas about the way these things are expected to develop without treading into details? I consider this an experiment on whether there is something useful to say about the subject (there might be), but if it's going nowhere we're gonna have to see this thread off to a farm somewhere upstate..

I apologize for my part of the discussion that was against the no source rule.

As for ideas about the AL-LAD supply I already posted my thoughts above.
The demand exists, the synthesis is possible, I'm sure that while there may be some temporary shortages (especially if I'm right about only a few labs making it) occasionally AL-LAD is here to stay.

One more anecdote to this useless thread of speculations.

The first vendor I bought AL-LAD from on that forum (the first vendor to stock AL-LAD, as far as I know) did say from the beginning that this was going to be a one time synth.

Sure, supply and demand dictates that it will be made available again, but the source lab might have it's own reasons to not take the risk again. Also, if it's really that easy to make, as some people seem to think, I'm sure we'd have seen the chinese labs mass produce it a long time ago, like with the phenethylamines and tryptamines.

I think I know which vendor/forum you're talking about.. but I always thought the one time thing applied to the first few samples that went around before summer and that somewhere someone changed their mind and that the stuff sold online was already a new batch, probably from the same lab.

Can't really answer your second question without more speculation...that I already did a few posts back.

I think that the only things anyone can say for sure now is that there appears to be a shortage of AL-LAD at the moment and that demand is still high.

This is walking a fine line regarding the no source discussion rule ... keep it clean and general, actually I'm afraid this is destined to resort to vagueness.

Who can provide enlightening ideas about the way these things are expected to develop without treading into details? I consider this an experiment on whether there is something useful to say about the subject (there might be), but if it's going nowhere we're gonna have to see this thread off to a farm somewhere upstate..
I get where you're coming from, Solipsis. And I obviously anticipated the problem in my first post by very clearly stating that I was not giving or asking to receive source information and that I wanted a "macro" perspective only.

For an answer to your question regarding "who can provide enlightening ideas..." see post #2 above. That's the kind of more generalized economic discussion (on demand, supply, incentives, other reasons why it might or might not happen) that I was hoping to generate. black53's points match up with the intuition I had when I first posted, and I was pleased to get some reinforcement of that intuition. Even if that post was too vague and undetailed to be of interest to you, it satisfied me.

So far as the whole thread being "useless," it wasn't predestined to be. I'm sure that there are folks around who have solid and precise information and can deliver it without breaking any rules here. Someone who is way closer to the manufacturing end of things than I am? Whether they're willing to come forward with that information is another matter, I guess.

Just as a point of clarification, what I'm looking for here is something along the lines of "yes, I have it on good authority that more AL-LAD is in the planning and is likely to be restocked within six months or so by vendors who have run out" ... or "dude, you're screwed -- if you didn't get it while the gettin' was good, I don't know what to tell you -- that was probably it for a long time, if ever." I don't think that either of those responses would break a rule, but either one -- if truthful and authoritative -- would be interesting and helpful.

Listen ... I don't want to get all bent about this ... and if the thread deserves to be jettisoned, it's OK by me. Just understand that I wasn't trying to test limits. I really don't care where y'all procure your RCs. I have my trusted sources, you presumably have yours, and there's absolutely no reason we have to meet up on the specifics.

Typing fast so that the thread doesn't get locked before I can post again -- so please excuse any errors, discrepancies, and half-baked ideas.

AFAIK the AL-LAD / LSZ weren't supposed to make it to the general RC market and there seemed to be some internal disputes between the original suppliers / chemists. In the end they decided to let a few vendors pick it up. I believe this is still the first batch and suspect they are probably working more with substituted cathinones at the moment. We can only speculate if they make a second batch or not, but the original plans in May were that they wouldn't. It took them several months to get the AL-LAD synthesized with announcements back in October '12. Anyways admittedly this is very dangerously close to source discussion so I will see myself out now before these comments are deleted and I end up with a load of PMs looking for sources.

AFAIK the AL-LAD / LSZ weren't supposed to make it to the general RC market and there seemed to be some internal disputes between the original suppliers / chemists. In the end they decided to let a few vendors pick it up. I believe this is still the first batch and suspect they are probably working more with substituted cathinones at the moment. We can only speculate if they make a second batch or not, but the original plans in May were that they wouldn't. It took them several months to get the AL-LAD synthesized with announcements back in October '12. Anyways admittedly this is very dangerously close to source discussion so I will see myself out now before these comments are deleted and I end up with a load of PMs looking for sources.

This kind of matches what I remember reading when AL -LAD first appeared, in that it was produced by a European lab as a proof of concept type experiment, I.e. a synth that didn't involve LSD as a precursor. Im sure as mentioned above that this was supposed to be a one off from this lab. Similar story with LSZ. Assthis was reprtedly a reputable lab, this theory is questionable as the compounds were flogged to the RC market which doesnt really fit.

Both substances have been fairly low key with no media coverage as far as im aware, so there should be no legal barriers placed in the way so as long as a profit can be made from these, we will see them again. When we'll see them is anybodies guess.

I think all of the stories posted here kinda fit together.

>Assthis was reprtedly a reputable lab, this theory is questionable as the compounds were flogged to the RC market which doesnt really fit.
Well all the involved substances are legal so why should a lab have problems making them and selling them to another company?
As long as they get their money, don't get legal problems or lots of negative publicity they probably don't care what you do with the chems they made.

I'm guessing we'll see them made again fairly quickly when they actually run out. It's good money and still legal.

Legal, yes. I suppose the questionable part is the morality of making these avaliable for human consumption, or "not for human consumption" as the case may be! The morals of this on a board like Bluelight or similar would be encouraged, but im not sure the Daily Heils readers would have the same viewpoint.

The publicity from the UK media would be enough to ruin a reputable labs businesses if they really were a legit lab supplying lysergimides to an RC market. By a reputable lab, in my head this is a lab spending 99.9% of its time suppling what I'm gunna term legit synths for the normal chemical market. This is why my story above doesnt fully add up.

Whatever the truth is regarding supply, I hope to hell this becomes freely avaliable again. My supply wont last forever and this is possibly the best RC to come to market during my legal rare substance collecting hobby. As hard as I try, anything of this quality in my collection that has a 2 week or less reduction in tolerance aint lasting as long as I intended.

I was about to write a lengthy reply but since it would all be speculation decided not to bother.

>Whatever the truth is regarding supply, I hope to hell this becomes freely avaliable again.
You and me and lots of others.

Also, if it's really that easy to make, as some people seem to think, I'm sure we'd have seen the chinese labs mass produce it a long time ago, like with the phenethylamines and tryptamines.
Right. My understanding is that this is the heart of the problem. I know of one vendor who has tried his damnedest to find a Chinese lab to synth AL-LAD. From the reports I've gotten, the Chinese are not too adept at working with lysergamides -- reactions are dirty. And the Europeans are just too expensive. (The first AL-LAD run must not have taken place under true market conditions?) Anyway, it's pathetic when vendors are asking me (really?) if I know of a suitable lab. Everything I knew about chemistry I forgot after high school.

The Chinese that are above-board are too scared to attempt mass-production of something so closely related to LSD. The other companies don't have the equipment or the technical knowledge - they can't even get reliable quality from batch to batch on the cathinones they have been making for years!

Indian labs most likely won't touch it either after what happened with the crystal mephedrone they got stuck with when it rapidly became illegal and they had to dispose of at a loss.

The Europeans might be the only option.

What's the driving force behind the production of AL-LAD? Is it really that sought after? Why make AL-LAD when there are much more popular cathinones, etc, that are in much higher demand.

Are production logistics as big a problem with AL-LAD as it is with LSD? Cause if that's the case, that might be reason enough to stop making it.

Might just be not enough demand/profit in it. Obviously there's a vastly bigger market for something like mephedrone than for something that leaves you flat on your back in a psychedelic whirlwind. Perhaps that's why there's been next to no attempt to create legal psychedelics - simply no demand.

The chinese will probably sort us out soon. Beware the yellow peril :D

Last edited:

This was my understanding as well. There was only going to be one batch, and it was only going to be sold on that now defunct TOR site. Off cause, they couldn't hinder RC vendor's buying bulk and selling it off as a legal RC.

The 2 original vendors went "undercover" long before that site was seized by the FBI because some one got caught in Germany. And only second hand resellers were left.

There's probably only a handfull of people who know if AL-LAD will happen again, and they aren't wasting their time posting on bluelight about it.