How do you find a rave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConfusedHippy

Bluelighter
Just wondering how you find them. Would love to go to one but have no idea where to start. I know they are arround but just not sure where

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Not sure where everything is yet.

Ask people in your local area who are into the music. Become friends with them on facebook.
Look for events that they are going to, or just look around. Network. There is no tried and true way.

it's a little old-school but there's sure to be a section in your town where the hippies (for want of a better stereotype) hang out: coffee shops; head shops; music shops; etc.

walk around. talk to people. network. pick up fliers.

when i first moved to san francisco, i lived right on haight street. there's a head shop there called distractions - sells bongs, pipes, t-shorts, blacklight shit - you know the kind of place i mean? i started picking up fliers there and at amoeba records (which had a huge rack by the front door for party fliers).

once you find one event you like and attend, you'll make some contacts with people who can clue you in to other events.

alasdair

resident advisor, ticket websites, friends, promoters, get talking to DJs you enjoy listening to and see where they play! :D

Ya, go to "regular" (licensed establishments that serve liquor...nightclubs) places that have EDM DJs and talk to people. Talk to the DJ (he or she might be spinning at one or know promoters/ppl who host them, etc) and other patrons (who may go to them, don't ask popped collar wearing fist pumping douchebags tho, they're just there for the VIP booth and the bitches.). Go ask at record shops and etc places that tend to have the low down and/or tix for local events.

You'll find one.

Find artists or groups you like to listen to that tour and find out where they are playing. If they are close enough to get to, go. Some raves will have multiple bands playing, and you can look them up to see where they are playing and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.