• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom tastes like lidocaine?

WalkOnThruTheRain

Greenlighter
Martian got his kratom in the mail, he hasn't used kratom in a few months. He does a toss and wash, makes him sick, this has happened before from a different vendor, this wasnt that big of a deal cause it's common for people eating kratom to get sick from all the plant matter apparently, people who arn't used to it. but he made a couple of batchs of tea and each time he tastes lidocaine or benzocaine he thinks, he's never noticed that kratom had that sort of taste, he also noticed his mouth was very numb, and couldn't really taste food. (a few minutes after drinking the tea) His kratom is from a very reputable source so he doesn't think it would be cut with lidocaine or benzocaine, but it tastes and feels like it.

His question is, does kratom have a numbing effect on your mouth when you drink the tea?

yeah i found out everyone's mouth gets numb when they take kratom. it was kind of a silly post wasn't it. it's seems strange the taste is like an anesthetic though isn't it? it would really be interesting to see some more research done on the individual compounds of kratom.

Its kind of numbing, I guess. I found it seriously bitter in a tea; I stir it into just enough water to dissolve it and down it in one.

Btw there are no rules against self-incrimination here; when you refer to yourself as "swim", or "my martian", it can be distracting when people read your posts.