• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hypothetical! What's worse, alcohol or meth

drancer

Bluelighter
I've wondered about this for some time, so I thought I'd throw it out here.. what would you say is worse - a night out on the piss, or a point of meth taken once (using your favourite ROA), from a weekly lifestyle point of view?

Some might say that of course meth lol, just because of the stigma attached to it. But interestingly having done both I feel a lot better with just the meth than the alcohol. (remember, just once a week, no redosing or binging). Balanced with exercise, good diet, and rest.

But... there maybe some factors I haven't taken into account, eg neurological, psychological, etc. So I don't wanna be fooling myself haha. :D

What do you guys reckon??

It all depends on the person I think. Some people can handle meth, some can't. I was highly experienced with cocaine and amphetamine for years, and I only tried meth once and never would again because I smoked some (don't know how much, honestly) and was up nearly 80 hours and experienced psychosis. What made it worse was that I was in a foreign country and had no benzos or even antipsychotics to come down, boy did I learn my lesson hahaha.

So yea, it all depends on the person, but if someone is using either substance 52 times a year, hmmmm.. also depends on how much alcohol is being drank.... I really don't know, honestly, I think 'a point' of meth would be less harmful (let's say pharmaceutical grade meth), as stimulants can be tolerated by most people so long they have no heart conditions or mental health issues, and they generally don't overdo it. BUT after a few years of doing this, I would start to be concerned about neurotoxicity, but that's just my OCD ass...

By a point I mean 100mg or less. Speaking for myself I have a relatively low tolerance so anything more than that will make me sick. Everytime I go out on a night just drinking I end up with a terrible headache and feel like shit for 2 days. With meth, smoke one point all in one go (none of that redosing or binging shit), have my fun and the next day I might be a bit tired but back to my normal self not long after that. Obviously if I forget to hydrate and eat it's a million times worse but I have trained myself to be quite diligent in looking after myself these days.

I can't say 100mg is neuroprotective but compared to alcohol I just think it might fare a little bit better!

All depends on the person, some people REALLY have a problem with alcohol, and it's a lot harder to be a functioning alcoholic than it is to have a mild speed addiction imo

I'm going to say by 100mg you are almost certainly into the fairly neurotoxic range. Then you better be doing some heavy drinking for the alcohol to be worse.

It just depends on the person as much as the drug. I would probably be dead if I had continued drinking, but I can use meth once or twice a year recreationally np.

Know a few old tweakers who have been doing it for like 20 years, but do a line before work or whatever, let it wear off, and go to bed on a regular schedule, eat, take care of hygiene, etc...

The messiest motherfuckers I've ever met tho, were combo crackhead/tweaker alcoholics. Man that's a bad hole to dig yourself into.

be careful that you aren't justifying meth use in a convoluted way.

Hmmm this thread really caught my attention as i browsing, especially since alcohol is the most abused and used substance in our country legally and in many other parts of the world and many people look at alcohol as a weak drug especially such as a teenagers or people who don't know their research.

It's crazy to think how their is quiet of people you may see on a day to basis that are or were at point addicted to alcohol, including many celebrities. I always hear the phrase from so many people "I don't do drugs or all that shit, i just drink". Now science has proven and is slowly making it more aware that alcohol is NOT weak drug, and CAN the potential to be more dangerous/severe painful side effects worse than HEROIN, COCAINE, and various other drugs INCLUDING METH.

But since you did specifically say once a week with no binging or redosing i think the alcohol would be safer, because MODERATION OF ALCOHOL USE IS HEALTHY and can have it's benefits at all. But i don't think 100mg's of meth even once a week really has no positive effects but yet isn't too neurotoxic if really just once a week with no re-dosing/binging. But you might still have that nasty comedown i always used to get with meth with just using it once every few months. One line/4 hits was enough to make me feel restless, sore, and depressed from meth. My ideal dose was like 2 lines, and when i learned and started to occassionally smoke it i would like 6-7 rips (.1) in one session without a tolerance (tiny bit higher) and could remember how shitty i would feel with no benzos,weed, or other downers even alcohol for when it wore off.

So once a week, i think alcohol is safer. In the long run very frequent or daily alcohol will present a lot more physical side effects (deadly sometimes) and a whole bunch of other problems. Meth even in the short run can cause a person to feel depressed or shitty even if it was once a year, moderate drinking usually does not do that. Ughhhh meth the only drug that gave me so much euphoria but so much depression unlike anything before when coming down. Will never forget.