Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCP

Quill

Greenlighter
Has it ever been synthesized??

I'm really, really curious about this substance and what it could be. With all the rc stimulants and even the 3-MeO and 4-MeO dissociatives I'm fairly surprised that such a logical step from MXE hasn't made the rounds yet. Is there a reason such as major loss of bioavailability or difficulty of synth? Or maybe "MXP" lol could be the gem that MXE turned out to be?

I wish this had been Synthesized before - I bet it would be just as amazing as MXE, just slightly different, maybe more Immobilizing and possibly different visuals. It's hard to say. I've had MXE that definitely leaned more towards the PCP end of the spectrum of Dissociatives. I've also had MXE that seemed just like Ketamine only stronger and longer lasting, even smelled and tasted the same. Then I've had straight up PCP feeling MXE. My favorite was this one batch I was getting for about 5-6 months maybe a year ago - the effects were what I truly consider MXE to be - it was it's own combination of DXM, Ketamine, PCP, Opiates, Marijuana, Benzo's, Alcohol, and it's own flavor of Trippiness as well. It would be amazing if the PCP analog variety of MXE would have potential for being just as diverse in effects depending on the method of Synthesis they go with. These compounds are so interesting - I hope they replace Pain Killers/Opiates one day as people's choice for treating Pain and Depression. The more varieties of these Novel Compounds that get synthesized, the better chance there will be that a Super Winner get's found that could be applied directly to a valid Medicinal Use. I hope it happens one day. I want to take a more advanced Chemistry Class so bad. It's the most interesting shit on the Planet.

Man I wish arylcyclohexamines were more popular. Rolicicylidine, other ketamine analogues etc.

Man I wish arylcyclohexamines were more popular. Rolicicylidine, other ketamine analogues etc.

I for one love them! I look forward to new developments in this field. K is being trailed and in some cases approved for depression treatment and it's used extensively for pain management usually via CAD pump. Also used for spinal injuries in accident and emergency settings. The Indians are using MXE in their medical system and I'm sure other middle eastern countries will adopt it for clinical use.

Mr Meowfish I find your comments re: MXE very interesting. I find PCP to be kind of lucid stimulated dissociation while my favorite MXE batches have almost had an opiate like effect almost the opposite of pcp and 3 meo pcp. Although I've only had pcp a handful of times I find 3 meo pcp is very similar just not quite as potent. I've had some batches of MXE that didn't feel at all like MXE more like DXM, cross eyed, double vision etc. Most of the MXE has given me a very relaxing opiate like high but with some difficulty focusing on objects etc depending on dose and ROA. The key to knowing I got good MXE is the afterglow (apart from the dosage weight for subjective effects) for me personally nothing else is quite as nice as that MXE afterglow. I'd like to see MXE as a pain management alternative to opiate drugs and as a anti-depressant.

India is using Methoxetamine in Medicine? Citation please, that sounds damned interesting!

I would love to read more about that as well! Wouldn't be too surprising though, MXE was made in the pursuit of a remedy for phantom limb syndrome.

Last edited:
I would love to read more about that as well! Wouldn't be too surprising though, MXE was made in the pursuit of a remedy for phantom limb syndrome.

no it wasn't, just bc the guy synthed it had phantom limb. he simply did SAR study on ketamine...he had abused ketamine recreationally before this. I don't think the sole motive was to "cure phantom limb"

I'd also like to see 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCM given that the ethyl group has no magic properties and NENK is much worse than ketamine itself.

Without going into too much detail, IIRC the rearrangement used to synthesize 2-oxo arcyclines is suppressed when using a disubstituted amine, since hydrogen bonding is necessary for the concerted mechanism. This might be why we rarely see such analogues -- other routes are more difficult, and offer little obvious advantage.

Without going into too much detail, IIRC the rearrangement used to synthesize 2-oxo arcyclines is suppressed when using a disubstituted amine, since hydrogen bonding is necessary for the concerted mechanism. This might be why we rarely see such analogues -- other routes are more difficult, and offer little obvious advantage.
Thanks for this, I often times wondered why FnB choose the way he did, or if others had tested "MXE" like analogues before.....

Too hard to make due to steric hindrance is what I heard from several sources.

Molecules/atoms being arranged in a way that makes adding one more hard. Imagine trying to squeeze in one extra book on an already almost full book shelf.

Yes the spatial aspect of the arrangement: there is no space for it with steric hindrance.

I don't think that's the only obstacle though, I think to get the 2-oxo on a PCP if tried the 'regular way' you would use a precursor that won't allow the activated species to form towards the intermediate. Towards the Schiff's base you want I think the second oxo would prevent a cyclohexanol cation from forming. For the cyanohydrin same thing - the oxo would have too much resonance / conjugation? Long story short, I think that's why you can't go that way either.

There will be options but they are probably unorthodox... I guess too much synth discussion to really proceed to solve that puzzle.. but I have no problems with analysis of the hurdles with the normal synth routes themselves.