MAPS Daily DXM as a MAPS study

Fine, your brain upregulates the enzymes that break down MAO, which is essentially the same thing. I'm trying to explain neurochemistry in layman's terms. When you take 200mg of DXM while in acute withdrawal, you will trip balls. As a side effect, your withdrawal symptoms will stop completely. In fact, you will feel a tremendous sense of relief and freedom, as you understand the difference between spiritual joy and the shallow pleasure your fix provided you. The feeling is like being cleansed, forgiven, even. The trip is overwhelmingly religious - whether you like it or not. The only thing AA and NA got right is that addiction is a spiritual disease - that requires a spiritual cure.

Honestly, why do people hate the idea of this so much? It's not like I'm proposing something impossibly dangerous or expensive to test. In fact, if you're an addict, you have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work, so what, you take a tiny dose of DXM and relapse. But if it does work -

The reason DXM is a bad candidate for such studies is because it's an OTC drug. No one is going to pay billions to put it through trial as a treatment for addiction, just to have people ignore their new patented treatment and drink a $4 bottle of robo. The fact that it works, and could save lives and huge amounts of misery are irrelevant - it's not profitable.

Fine, your brain upregulates the enzymes that break down MAO, which is essentially the same thing

Do you have a link to the research demonstrating such? It's my understanding that it's actually downstream-effects due to downregulation of mu-receptors (and thus insufficient activation via endogenous peptides) causes adrenal overactivity (with little modulation of serotonin involved). MAO is very slow to downregulate, even in the face of an abundance of monoamines.

As a side effect, your withdrawal symptoms will stop completely.

I don't think that we yet have a good neurochemical explanation of why this would be, nor do I expect that this would happen reliably for many others.

ebola

Lol screw the pharmaceutical industry and their shenanigans. Obviously they're gonna introduce this shit for people to realise how effective it is for "depression" and then more cases of serotonin syndrome will occur so then they could develop a drug to antagonize the serotonin receptors to then market as a quick fix for the side effect "serotonin syndrome" and thus create more money for themselves and more problems for us.

Join the Anti-Pill-Therapy movement yo. Pills could never aid the human race. We were all born naturally with these emotions, we can naturally deal with them as well or if need be, use the herbs that god gave us, not these toxic chemicals man.

DXM everyday is a horrible idea especially for Pharmaceutical research. That industry could F'off

Like I mean the psychiatry industry might jump for joy as well because of all the other possible cases of depersonalization/derealization induced from all the NMDA antagonism

Hmm - I can't find anything to support that. I was long ago, I may have gotten the idea from nicotine withdrawal dynamics.

All I can say is that it works for me. Stunningly well. I can't find a explanation for the effects of Ibogaine, which I'd imagine to be similar. Nevertheless, 'not expecting' isn't a very scientific way to look at the hypothesis. It's ridiculously easy to test.

Would taking an maoi herb such as small amounts of he shou wu be okay to take with a low dose, 1st plateau sized amount of dxm?

How do dxm containing cough medicines compare to pure mxe? Should my man just get some MXE hahaha?

Turns out out Robo Jesus was really a child of Asmodeus and that our heavenly savior Mexy will deliver us to the land of Eden

Odyssey_KeyArt_V006.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, DXM will kill opioid withdrawals in active addiction but for me it does ansolutely nothing for long term addiction, even with an intense trip.And ive used dxm hundreds(thousands?) of times in varying dosages.

that's because you aren't embracing the spiritual component. i know that makes me sound like a douche, but it's true what AA says: addiction is a spiritual disease. it's just that their method only substitutes god for junk and leaves you craving the rest of your life. i've been writing a kind of journal/tribute to Naked Lunch, here's entry from it

confessions of a weirdness magnet, part 21

the neurochemical vehicle

addiction is the normal state of life - it is the root of suffering. if you are wondering, you probably are an addict, even if its just to your massively unhealthy diet. or greed or ideals. DXM, dextromethrophan, AKA robotussin, is an OTC drug that inhibits addictions, like all other NMDA antagonists: ketamine and ibogaine in particular. you have to take it as you are withdrawing - 24 hours of rice, fruit juice and patience. by then you'll be craving at least. take about 150mg of DXM. it's good to have a trip sitter, but make sure you have alone space to go to. hear that? your gods are coming, and they want to have a serious talk with you. the combination of acute withdrawal and DXM results in a profound religious experience, which can be disorienting, to say the least, but it also CURES YOUR FUCKING ADDICTION. all of them. period. you don't have to keep taking the drug after that, you probably shouldn't. but you must eat low fat/low protein foods, peasant foods, like beans and rice, plantains, sweet potatoes, etc. this isn't hard, as you can taste food again, and it's *FANTASTIC*. you feel great, all the time. if you don't have a philosophy to attach to this experience, like the one i'm offering, it can be very strange and you might even act a bit nutty. YMMV.

it doesn't help you long term because you go back to eating junk food, and become an addict again. you have to follow the diet and walk the path, but it's fun as hell. i'll link to the journal, which i'm told is fairly amusing: confessions of a weirdness magnet let me know if you read this and are interested

i went from being unable to handle a job to grad school due to 75mg a day. not just grad school - my undergrad was in Japanese, i got into the phd program in ecology and epidemiology without a master's, BS, etc, just by GRE scores and working in the lab and a 2yr stipend ($1200/mon). of course, i dropped out three years into it, but it was my childhood dream of becoming a naturalist. any, i'm keeping a blog now of my experiences: confessions of a weirdness magnet