• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc N,alpha-DEPEA

Bringing this thread back from the grave to say that I really, really, really like this compound.

I dismissed Craze and the other supp with "dendrobium extract" back in '12/13 out of hand, assuming it was similar to DMAA. No. I was wrong. This is very close to a low-dose meth experience IMO.

I've been getting it in a different supplement that the price has tripled-to-quadrupled on in the last year, so I'm not able to separate n,a-depea out from the caffeine and other shit in there (I've tried).

But, as a functional stimulant, I love it and cannot believe it hasn't been on the market by itself. The seizure of it in Asia that comes up in some articles about Craze makes me think it's probably out there getting passed off as meth from time to time, but who knows.

@crOOk, I'd be stunned if anyone is getting this on its own instead of mixed into a supplement.

With the one I was ordering, I *think* I can physically separate out some crystals of this from the other shit in there, but it's an insane amount of work. I was attempting this for the purpose of plugging it, but ultimately I just take it orally because the work simply wasn't worth it.

Yeah sounds like it's not. Could attempt washing the mixture with various solvents or perform an a/b extraction on it, but I suppose that's too much work. I used to do that with amphetamine whenever I bought my next 100g. Basify, extract with non polar solvent, let solvent evaporate, dissolve amphetamine freebase oil in water-free acetone, add drops of water-free phosphoric acid to see amphetamine phosphate fall out of solution. Large chunks of amphetamine would just pop up inside the acetone, since they formed so damn fast. Sorta like popcorn.

The problem with a/b-ing this stuff is that there are about 400 other ingredients and maybe half of them are gonna wind up in there with the amp. They throw every PEA-derivative that they can in these supps. In a serving of the supp I was taking there's about 20-30mg of this.

I can get maybe half of that out by physical separation, assuming I'm even separating out the correct active, which is the way to go IMO.

Well that's an issue indeed. I'd probably extract all monoamines in there, yeah.

Last edited:
Attempted plugging this today. Hard to parse what is DEPEA and what is "everything else" but wow, massive jump in potency.

Attempted plugging this today. Hard to parse what is DEPEA and what is "everything else" but wow, massive jump in potency.
Thank you for this valuable information, but keep in mind rectal stimulants often cause colitis on rare occasions which can be deadly. Using them orally does not carry this risk.

Last edited:

Can you tell us more about your experience? Dosage, how long it took to kick in etc. After a quick google search, it seems that this stuff is actually super easy to get online in a 99.9% meant to be used as a gc/ms reference type of sample, and super cheap too. I would think perhaps, if its not too cardiovascularly strenuous, it might be nice to combine as part of a boof-bomb type of thing with some other, maybe psychedelics to increase the comeup rush. Noone please try this until more research is done on this compound.

Can you tell us more about your experience? Dosage, how long it took to kick in etc. After a quick google search, it seems that this stuff is actually super easy to get online in a 99.9% meant to be used as a gc/ms reference type of sample, and super cheap too. I would think perhaps, if its not too cardiovascularly strenuous, it might be nice to combine as part of a boof-bomb type of thing with some other, maybe psychedelics to increase the comeup rush. Noone please try this until more research is done on this compound.
Make sure you don't just receive a tiny sample below the active dose like I did when I ordered adrenochrome. :D

Well for one thing, I'm a stimulant / polydrug addict going back about 8 years at this point, so I dunno how useful my experience will be for anyone else.

I've got some dex coming my way today, if I get spun enough off of it I'll write up a real TR for the DEPEA.

crOOk - thanks for the colitis heads up. I actually met someone who had ruined their rectum with chronic meth plugging when I went to rehab.

A few times over the years I've had levator ani syndrome pop up, but it didn't ever seem to correlate with the plugging.

crOOk - thanks for the colitis heads up. I actually met someone who had ruined their rectum with chronic meth plugging when I went to rehab.

A few times over the years I've had levator ani syndrome pop up, but it didn't ever seem to correlate with the plugging.
He should be glad to be alive then. :) First person I've heard of who that happened to, but I feel that's because plugging cocaine and meth is not really all that popular.

They had a colostomy bag, some part of the colon removed I believe.

I have a really hard time giving up plugging. I got into it with heroin, for which it worked incredibly well. Since then, I find myself trying to plug shit even when there's no reason to, like Diazepam.

Anyway back on topic, turns out when I was trying to physically separate out what I thought was n,a-DEPEA I'm pretty sure I was actually just separating out b-PEA crystals.

When I plugged the Detonate, I plugged one " dose " of two capsules. It was insanely irritating to my rectum and I had a hard time keeping it in. It was the same as any other rectal stim - faster come up, more potent, "smoother".

However unless you can successfully isolate the DEPEA, I advise against it - just too much irritation.

JBrandon... You're talking about Detonate? I always wished this would come out as a milder alternative to amphetamine. I always felt it had very potent mood boosting elements to it, even more so than Adderall (which I have taken between 20-60 mg a day over a 10 year period), but with much greater control in the day to day, socially, lacking some of the insular, antisocial aspects of amphetamine. My experience was that it's about 3/4 the "focus" of amphetamine, but far less of the typical sides. Very functional.

With an N,N-dialkyl substitution on something amphetamine-like, potency is going to go right down the shitter, With ONE N-ethyl substitution on the amine nitrogen, there might well be something going for it. N-monoethylamphetamine IMO is actually preferable to meth.Less peripheral overstimulatory BS, not as potent by weight, but smoother.

A tert.amine is pretty much a guarantee if a shite amphetamine analong.

^
So N,N-diethylamphetamine (uncharted waters as far as this thread goes, possible contaminant in N-monoethylamphetamine aka ethamphetamine)
N,N-diethylaephetamine (possible contaminant in illicitly synthesized N-ethylaephetamine)
N-ethylaephetamine (the topic of this thread)
N,N-dimethylamphetamine (known crossproduct/contaminant of methamphetamine)
N-methylamphetamine (the classic, the favorite, most strongest etc etc)

I'm extrapolating from known data on similar (simple stimulant and the entactogen type amphetamine derivatives which tend to follow the profiles of the stimulants rather than those of the psychedelic amphetamines, which behave very differently)

In the case of the addition of a single extra methyl group, I.e from amphetamine to meth the potency, as well as duration of effect are strongly increased, in the case of N-ethylamphetamine the potency begins to decline a bit, its less so than meth but more so than amphetamine, qualitatively though IMO its superior to either. Its still long lasting, a lot of the rough edges are smoothed out and there is less tendency to feel fried afterwards, less nasty hangovers, it just seems in a way to trade off quantity for quality, losing some of the potency of meth for the tradeoff of being a lot less jittery, not FEELING subjectively as hard/harsh on the body as meth does,

AFAIK thats as long as a single sidechain can be lengthened since either N-(n)-propyl or N-isopropyl throw the potency right down the shitter at about a fifth of the strenfrg of unsubstituted amphetamine.Qualitatively no idea what either propyl or isopropyl amphetamine feel like as I've neither made or tried either and have bugger all reason to do so. As for N-cyclopropyl no idea whatsoever, never read any account of its use.

As for diethyl-aephetamine it sounds weak as shit. Since going from a secondary amine methyl/ethyl on the amine nitrogen to a tertiary amine (dimethyl, diethyl, methylethyl etc) really severely damages potency its a fair bet that N-ethyl-aephetamine would be good stuff but that diethyl-aephetamine would be pretty crao.

Hey guys, has anyone had any luck finding a source for N,alpha-DEPEA? I?d love to add it to my preworkout. I used it for 6 months without any side effects and had regular doctor visits. Sad to see that is was banned. Thanks for the help!