• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Why am i bothering

One thing that I have learned (and that you have to learn to accept) is that nobody is going to swoop down and save you, so feeling sorry for yourself won't get you anywhere. People can give you helpful advice and suggestions, but you are the one that is going to have to make the changes in your life to make it better. One of the few NA saying that I like (since it's very simple and true, and can apply to anyone regardless of their circumstances) is "just make the next right decision." If you keep doing that then things will begin to come around, but they take time so don't get discouraged.

What good comes from saying bad things about yourself on here? The more you say them the more you believe them the more true they seem to you. And the reason I mentioned that nobody is going to swoop in and save you is because I get the vibe that you continue to say negative things about yourself so that others will say they aren't true. That's relying too much on other people since their words won't save you on their own, so you have to put in the footwork. The same goes for negative things said about you. Often times what others say is out of your control (although sometimes you may influence it) so don't put so much stock in the bad stuff said about you.

Negative attracts negative, and positive attracts positive, so if you continue with the negative thinking then you will still find yourself posting the same things (or worse) in here years from now. Do not dwell on things that are outside of your control! You need to get out there and surround yourself with positive people. If that means having to go to AA/NA then give it an honest try, and don't just stop going if someone says something to you that you don't like. You can't just rely on bluelight as your therapy or something. It can be a great tool for many people, but it should just be one of many tools that you have in your recovery tool-box.

Have you ever had a psych evaluation? I'm not saying this to be an asshole but because I do care. It just strikes me that you may have some underlying disorder/s. And I can say that being bipolar among other things. It's nothing to be ashamed about and could be beneficial if you were able to get the right treatment. I'm probably not a very good example in that regard, but at the very least it seems you have an unhealthy view on how you judge yourself just because what others may think of you.

One thing that I have learned (and that you have to learn to accept) is that nobody is going to swoop down and save you, so feeling sorry for yourself won't get you anywhere. People can give you helpful advice and suggestions, but you are the one that is going to have to make the changes in your life to make it better. One of the few NA saying that I like (since it's very simple and true, and can apply to anyone regardless of their circumstances) is "just make the next right decision." If you keep doing that then things will begin to come around, but they take time so don't get discouraged.

What good comes from saying bad things about yourself on here? The more you say them the more you believe them the more true they seem to you. And the reason I mentioned that nobody is going to swoop in and save you is because I get the vibe that you continue to say negative things about yourself so that others will say they aren't true. That's relying too much on other people since their words won't save you on their own, so you have to put in the footwork. The same goes for negative things said about you. Often times what others say is out of your control (although sometimes you may influence it) so don't put so much stock in the bad stuff said about you.

Negative attracts negative, and positive attracts positive, so if you continue with the negative thinking then you will still find yourself posting the same things (or worse) in here years from now. Do not dwell on things that are outside of your control! You need to get out there and surround yourself with positive people. If that means having to go to AA/NA then give it an honest try, and don't just stop going if someone says something to you that you don't like. You can't just rely on bluelight as your therapy or something. It can be a great tool for many people, but it should just be one of many tools that you have in your recovery tool-box.

Thank you, Tommyboy, what you said is true. I can't sit around feeling sorry for myself - and I certainly don't want to be in thr same place a few years down the line. I need to sort myself out n only "I" can do that - no one can do it for me.
I love all you people here at Bluelight. Thank you for being so very kind n nice with me.
Yesterday I had a good cry over how I wasted this years n how miserable it's been for me.
Then I thought of last Christmas n know that this year I wont be sobbing uncontrollably because I only had 58 8mg codeine tabs to last me three days. I wont be paying £10 in taxi fare to get to a pharmacy n another tenner to get back home. I won't having lots of codeine. It's all over n I'm never going back again ever. Besides I feel no craving for codeine anymore.

Hiya Nutty :) That's ok. I know you're not being an a*****. All's good. I've often wondered if I do as I got obsessed with things n well (ya know I posted it all in MH awhile back) but hayho I'm 33 now (soon to be 34 n can't wait) n lived this long without one.
Thanks any way <3 xxx

Take care, everyone, lets fight these things together.

All the best,
Evey xxx

PS: could someone tell me how I go about multi quoting please?

Last edited:
You sound like you're turning over a really positive leaf Evey, just keep that train of thought going <3.

Also here is a picture of the multiquote feature, it's circled in red, just click it on every one of the posts you want to quote and on the last post you want to quote hit quote instead of that button and every one of the selected posts will show up as a quote:

ukPxcE5.png

Thank you, Stardust.Hero You've been so incredibly helpful to me since I've come to Bluelight. I want you to know that I really do appreciate it bery much. I will look for that icon n do what you suggest.
Evey xxx

When ever you start to get frustrated or down evel examine the way your thinking. I think you may find that you have a tendency to always choose to focus on the negative of a situation. If this is the case try no longer judging anything as good or bad and really consciously look for the most positive things in every situation.. it may be hard at first but it will get easier if you work at it. ;)

That button is right next to the quote button below every post.

You sound like you're turning over a really positive leaf Evey, just keep that train of thought going <3.

Also here is a picture of the multiquote feature, it's circled in red, just click it on every one of the posts you want to quote and on the last post you want to quote hit quote instead of that button and every one of the selected posts will show up as a quote:

ukPxcE5.png

When ever you start to get frustrated or down evel examine the way your thinking. I think you may find that you have a tendency to always choose to focus on the negative of a situation. If this is the case try no longer judging anything as good or bad and really consciously look for the most positive things in every situation.. it may be hard at first but it will get easier if you work at it. ;)

That button is right next to the quote button below every post.
Thank you never, I'll try that.

^Nicely done love ;)

And about the psych evaluation. I went for one to get off of benzos and it's been so extremely helpful. I've always known something wasn't quite right. Hell, if I'm doing drugs to feel normal something isn't balanced. They set me up with a psychiatrist and also a therapist I go every month and it's lovely, I leave both appts. feeling accomplished and refreshed.

The psychiatrist appt. is to foccus on my taper plan for benzos an I always feel accomplished when I leave as my psych is very supportive with my journey so it's always a great feeling to get in there and tell her my progress.

The therapist is basically my time to talk about what I want to, if I don't feel like talking he'll talk for me and try to ask questions to get to know me better, and understand issues I am dealing with or things that are bothering me, then he'll give me his input and view and some advice which is usually always helpful to me. It's kind of like he sparks something in my brain where a problem I was dwelling on makes sense. It's really refreshing.

I would honestly recommend anyone who has the resources to take advantage of both to do so. Even normal every day people, basically everyone, has something on their mind they'd like to talk about.

That's just my input on the subject of psych evaluations, psychiatrists, and therapists.

I am sick of being in pain

I know that feeling. Must be a bunch of med students here. Think they are God, but couldn't draw a benzene ring if you put a gun to their heads.

And yes, I am bitter. I am a pharmacist who is also a pain clinic patient. What a special treat that is.

Last edited: