• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Creating Positive Change vs. If Nothing Changes Then Nothing Changes..

I was happy to see my list dated back in February, have really accomplished dumping methadone for once and for all!! :D

Haven't finished my taxes yet...

Be more patient.
Spend more time with family.
Try my best not to let the negativity at work affect my inner peace.
Be honest.
Meditate exercise eat right.
Stay busy!

I am going to try and begin a taper off of the drugs I have been taking over the last year. Cutting back on the alcohol intake and the mxe as well. My addictions have spiraled out of control and it is affecting my life in a very bad way. I am going to focus on positive things in my life, my family being the most important, and try and stop obsessing over these things constantly. This cycle must stop. I have been down this road and I know and can tell where it is headed. Only I can change and I am ready to at least try. I can't keep living this way only I can make myself happy. I also want to start making more positive posts in Bluelight and try to be more supportive to others needs. I believe we can help ourselves by helping each other.

Moody waves! I need to have them leveled somehow.

I just can't go after any solution that involves medication any longer..

Maybe later when I'm already distant from the problem.

Finish the book I'm working on (min two hours per day)
Continue to Hit gym 5 days a week 4 ever
40 minutes regenerative meditation per day
Quit tobacco, AGAIN.(your old boyhood friend just got diagnosed with terminal cancer!)

Research housing
weed through junk and donate what I don't need
Weed through all my keepsakes
Clean D
organize and clean basement
Make call and deal with issue on the 14th
make repayment
pay photo ticket
Pick out new glasses
Figure out move
Draw up business outline
File taxes
Get glasses and sunglasses
plan spring break with the kido
Look for truck topper
Look through backpacks and pick out one for a new gym bag.. one for a computer bag, and one for move
figure out luggage for move
request record
obtain paperwork for each story
call rado and nail down requirements
Obtain counsel

Last edited:
Finish the book I'm working on (min two hours per day)
Quit tobacco, AGAIN.(your old boyhood friend just got diagnosed with terminal cancer!)

Research housing
Clean D
organize and clean basement
Make call and deal with issue on the 14th
make repayment
pay photo ticket
Pick out new glasses
Figure out move
Draw up business outline
File taxes
Get glasses and sunglasses
Look for truck topper
Look through backpacks and pick out one for a new gym bag.. one for a computer bag, and one for move
request record
Obtain counsel
get belt and equipment
get belt on truck replaced
dig out gps
garner deal

Last edited:
I am going to go back to college. I want to study social work and or addiction counselling.

Finish third project at work
save up - slowly gettin there

I feel you are doing well Maya, accomplishing your goals and working a lot.
Although I do work a lot I´m totally lacking enthusiasm and motivation.

I am going with my bonita to the mountains of Ashville... She is a very special woman.. Always knows when Somni needs to get out of Orlando.. I have been clean now for about 3 weeks because I had a short relapse at the two month mark of methadone withdrawal but I'm back on track but she can tell I'm getting restless.. She can see that itch in my face.. and I also got rid of a 4-5yr xanax addiction about 5 months ago.. I have been trying to kick xanax and methadone for the last 3yrs.. I make it several weeks or months and I always give in... I pray for the power to get through the drawn out PAWS that comes with these two addictions.. I can't wait to be free and for the day where I feel like me..

What a wonderful way to change things up. Sounds like you have a very special friend (y una amiga bonita también!). :)

Congratulations Man! Both meds super hard to get off!
Good luck! :)

Thought management can be a motherfucker.

It's so easy. Think positive and you'll be happy. If you hear a negative thought don't engage it let it disappear as quickly as it appeared. Or you can challenge it and think "no, I am not" then do some type of activity to reinforce your position.

It is beyond amazing that we can tell ourselves "I'm just _____ type of person" and let it consume our true identity. Negative thoughts can become a mantra and make you feel just as bad as positive thoughts can make you feel good.

It's can be frustrating for someone with a hard head. "You mean it's that easy?" Instead of walking up thinking "I hate me life" you can say something else even if you don't believe it and you'll feel better. " it's too easy...my life is far more complicated than that" I would tell myself, then I'd believe it.

I was practicing this the whole time except I was doing it all wrong. How could it be so easy? My old self would have typed "how could I be so stupid?"

Seriously, you can think "stupid, stupid, stupid me" and make yourself dumber for a moment. Do it enough times and you may miss the message.

Last edited:
^ This is really true. The language you frame your thoughts in is so important. Like you say, even if you don't believe it at first, spinning a negative thought positively can suck the power out of the negative thought.

Thought management can be a motherfucker.

It's so easy. Think positive and you'll be happy. If you hear a negative thought don't engage it let it disappear as quickly as it appeared. Or you can challenge it and think "no, I am not" then do some type of activity to reinforce your position.

It is beyond amazing that we can tell ourselves "I'm just _____ type of person" and let it consume our true identity. Negative thoughts can become a mantra and make you feel just as bad as positive thoughts can make you feel good.

It's can be frustrating for someone with a hard head. "You mean it's that easy?" Instead of walking up thinking "I hate me life" you can say something else even if you don't believe it and you'll feel better. " it's too easy...my life is far more complicated than that" I would tell myself, then I'd believe it.

I was practicing this the whole time except I was doing it all wrong. How could it be so easy? My old self would have typed "how could I be so stupid?"

Seriously, you can think "stupid, stupid, stupid me" and make yourself dumber for a moment. Do it enough times and you may miss the message.

Its amazing when you realize this isn't it8o

make it to kids soccer game and have a great day with him
join national temp gym
pay photo ticket
Draw up business outline
get agreement drawn up, signed, and filed.
dispose of bed (lavishly expensive beds are orgasmic, uhb haggard so we need to see other people)
pack
clean
drive
get paperwork off
Clean D
and deal with issue on the 14th
Pick out new glasses
Figure out move
Look for truck topper
get topper handle fixed
Obtain counsel
wash rig and rig bed
get belt and equipment
dig out gps
make repayment

Last edited:
Kick methadone. Been 4 long years on opiates. They took away the horribly persistent panic that no other drugs could manage... yet they also took my motivation, my ambition, my personality, and my will to live.

I will probably give up after the first signs of WD... just as I have a million times before... But here's to this being the time that sticks

Pay credit card balance
sleep early - been doing it now
finish project 4