• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Making You Sleepy?

rollballs

Bluelighter
I get the euphoric rush but the last 2 days when I snort a line I get sleepy enough to fall asleep if I lay down. I've been eating well and sleeping 6+ hours a night so I don't think it's my bidy shutting down because of various deprivation. Maybe it's bad meth but this has only happened today and yesterday where as the previous days I've not had this reaction and it is the same batch! What do you think?

Its probably shitty meth..maybe the first couple times you got high from a placebo effect
If you were getting quality shit you probably won't sleep at all ecspecially if you have been doing it for a couple days..and you deffinately wouldn't be getting 6 hours a sleep and eating well
try washing a bag and see what you get in return

you could have A.D.D. Might have a calming affect on you. Or it might be low quality meth where a low dose won't do shit or also, give you a calming affect.

You can clean your meth. This will wash away all the cut that idiots put into it. Sometimes you will be really suprised how much comes back and other times it would have been better if you didn't know..ahah
I'm not going to go into how to do it, because I believe this topic has been coverd many times on here...
do a search, and if worst comes to worst and you absolutely can't find anything on this subject in the search . I guess I could elaborate...please don't be lazy though
be safe --

Yeah, I'd say it was shitty meth. If it makes you wanna just fall asleep the minute you sit down. And it sounds like you're taking care of your body so if it was good meth you shouldn't have any problems staying awake. With me, I usually just don't sleep or eat at all and after about a week, my body is just shutting down to the point that I can't stay awake unless I do shitloads of meth. So usually by that time I just give myself a day to sleep and recooperate before continuing my meth use. Usually I can't afford enough to go more than a week strait anyway. Wish it was cheaper!

I know that if i do it day after day after day that after a while it doesn't have the same effect on me and I start eating and sleeping after I do some. Try giving yourself a day or two of rest then do some again, and I'm sure it will be better after that. Or use more quantity when you do it. Other wise it could be shitty meth.

after a weekend of doing meth i could fall asleep after doing a line. your body is probably so exhausted its telling you that you need sleep.

Having ADHD myself, small doses of amphetamines gives me a calming affect (even meth). I become boring and don't mind doing hw and stuff. I'm wondering if "normal" people gain the same calming affect if they take small doses of amps . And try swallowing it first.

as someone with add and has tried meth to many times to count i will testify to it not work on some people. wish it would the rush sounds fun.

erm.. yeh the first few times when i did meth i feel sleepy.. and fell asleep... first i thought it was shit stuff but now, i am able to stay awake for more than 48 hours and still dont feel tired... i dont know what ADD is and i know if i have it, but i do have blood disorder... i am always tired and shit.. so yeh.. not sure why the first few times when i did them i felt tired.. not sure why but it did happen to me as well..

I know that if i do it day after day after day that after a while it doesn't have the same effect on me and I start eating and sleeping after I do some. Try giving yourself a day or two of rest then do some again, and I'm sure it will be better after that. Or use more quantity when you do it. Other wise it could be shitty meth.
I agree.

I wouldnt say it's the meth - after a period of constant use - for some that period may be longer the for others - the meth may seem to have a less-speedy effect, it may seem calming and relaxing and might seem like it's not even an upper at all! After a few days of chronic use I would *NEED* meth to get to sleep...

Originally posted by PhreeX:
After a few days of chronic use I would *NEED* meth to get to sleep...
I have some knowledge about this, only second hand though...
A good friend of mine has been a chronic user of amphetamine and methamphetamine for 3 years. He's sleeping pattern is as irregular as it can be but when he's up for sleeping he ALWAYS has his night-fix to get sleep. That seems amusing to me but i've actually whitnessed this to happen more than often when he's stayed overnight at mine flat.
The guy is proper motorhead/speed freak and therefore twisted as a corkscrew but 'cause we are childhood friends there's no issues about trust between us.
Allthough he's a bit fucked up in the head i like him a lot and concern him to be one of my best friends. No need to say really but he's an excellent hook up for "go-fast".
[ 20 November 2002: Message edited by: Benzo-messiah ]

Doesn't meth work with the dopamine levels? Maybe if you use it without giving your body a break the dopamine levels are so depleted/low that you are not getting the rush? Just a theory.

recently got hands on some similar sounding meth (west coast) this meth had a brownish/orangish colour to it and felt more like Meth+ GHB+ acid. it was VERY calming/psychedelic and lacked the speedy effects that i usually enjoy so much. lots of visuals/audials........on the first night i took a little too much for me to handle and had a full on panic attack. thought my boyfriend was in some government agency. after that i kinda learneed how to control the paranoia better. it's just strange because it's so mellow, with a nice comedown

washing the bag isnt the answer since all it will remove is the gunk, and not the salts that are doing something to you, pretty sure of that.
sudafed makes me drowsy almost always when I've taken it recreationally for a poormans buzz, I have a great nap while on it where I wake up an hour or so later fresh as a daizy.

^^^^
I've had that as well from Sudafed. Also the calming effect of meth. A bunch of us can be hanging around all hyped for the afternoon's activities, but after I've taken my hit I'll calm right down and even become a bit introverted and anti-social. Sometimes I get sleepy as well.
This is even if I haven't had any for weeks.

^
^
Do you remember if it was crystal or low quality powder?
The one time I've had powder, that really brought me down to earth, I could close my eyes quite easily. I'm not saying it was pseudoephedrine because it did it to me off just a few lines, but it was weak and far from pure.
I have been diagnosed with ADD, but even that is relative everyone has attention deficit I think.
So maybe everyone to an extent gets drowsy on meth under certain conditions?
I think the possibilities are the "ADD effect", and/or more likely IMHO incorrectly made meth where it isnt in fact methamphetamine at all for the most part, it's half reacted wack shit...
(a product that still has the drowsy effects of pseudo, but stronger mg for mg, just conjecture)
[ 23 November 2002: Message edited by: simpledimple ]

I've noticed that sometimes (seemingly by chance or coincidence) that various recreational doses of amphetamines can make me a bit slower, actually. I feel lucky to get a good speedy buss from amps because half the time I end up feeling like I took an opiate and a bunch of caffeine - not the greatest. Oh btw I'm talking about pharm amps, like dexedrine or adderall.
Ritalin NEVER makes me tired. In fact I get so wired every time I take it that I end up jabbering on and on like a fool.