• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids why do opiates make you crave sugar?

i think morphine derived vs. thebaine derived opiates is definitely worth considering. I agree, neither oxycodone or hydrocodone makes me have the least interest in food. Morphine on the other hand....

Its funny how Tar Baby brought this thread back FROM 2002.

but anyways misewell answer.. It doesnt tend to make me crave any food. weird?

^Tar baby has the right idea. Instead of starting a new thread on the same subject..bring the old one back into discussion.

Since it's back.....personally I lose my appetite once I start using. Food brings me down and ,to go on an unpleasant but real tangent,also ends up causing all kinds of problems related to decreased peristalsis....those opioid binges can cause some serious constipation.8o

Opiates make me crave more opiates..that, and jam donuts..mmm.

silverfucked said:
Once opiates wear off i notice i am repulsed by 2 things.
1.Loud noises, opiates make my ears sensitive.
2. Anything sweet, it just tastes godawful for some reason.
Maybe im different?

this would make you the same as everyone , comedown usually means when the drug has worn off (pupils no longer constricted) so you get the opposite effects from when you are under the influence.

I know i have a terrible sweet tooth when opiates , also i eat more than usual if i don't watch out (think its because im depressed)

chocolate is my all time favorite , mmmmmmmmmm, note this is only when im around free food / sweets never would i waste my money on food id rather get some beer , nutritive and intoxicating ! :)

for me... back when i was on a heaft amount of methadone.. i would crave sugars and sweets in general ALL the time.. originally, i thought it was solely the methadone.. but found out that "remeron" (which i was taking also) was considerably an appetite stimulant.. but it was the methadone that made me crave sweets... and the remeron that just gave me the munchies..

I usually crave sweets the day after or during a withdraw. You should see the booking room of the 16th District of the Chicago PD after a sting. The guards bring out a box of assorted candy and make a killing.

while on 120+ mg's of methadone/day I experienced MAD sugar cravings.. i found that methadone made me cravy sugars much more heavily that other opiates.. eg heroin, hydromorphone, oxy, hydro, fentanyl... JMO...

So, what are you on right now...? Took great cleaned 12 hbwr seeds and that daily 24 of bupe, and am eating chocolade all the time. Great time!

I think its some psychological aspect where the rise/fall of dopamine/serotonin levels trigger instances of childhood "candy crazes," where the person feels that natural happy feeling they used to get from candy, before they began to dibble dabble in DRUGS. That would be the only thing I can think of to explain the distribution between some of us who crave sugar while others who are repelled by it.

I can't explain it but it happens to me too. Last night I was going through the couch looking for change (having spent all my money to get high) so that I could walk down the street and buy a chocalate-chip-cookie-ice-cream-sandwich.

It was all that mattered at the time.

Woohoo! Bringing back a thread that was already brought back from 2002 in 2006!
Anyway....
Sometimes after pushing off I walk around town and collect cans and bottles so I can get a candy bar at the corner store.
I really wish I didn't get this craving for sweets...

motherfucker said ice cream.

or some fresh cream jam donut;)

bringing it back for a while to collect some more lulz