• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Remains in jar after acetone wash

a small amount of meth will get dissolved in the acetone (especially if it isnt DRY)
you can repeatedly wash the pour off with more acetone, to try to get some of it back.
the trick is to recrystalise after each wash, then wash again... this will help to disolve more gak and less meth.
happy washing :)
btw: what amount did u wash??
Chemelion

I only did a couple of grams. How would you go about recrystalizing. Thnaks Dave

add a small amount of either water or ethanol (methylated spirits will do).. you'll probally need 5-10mL. heat it up in the microwave first, and it will disolve easier.
then, just let it evaporate... it will take a while, but it will be worth it. :)
Chemelion

What are the benefits of recrystalizing? Is it just to make it look pretty for sale? Or are there other reasons to do this? How long would it take to evap. ? Thanks. Dave

when u recrystalise, the gunk grows on the outside of the crystal. if u evaporate it nice and slow, you will have big crystals, with crap on the outside... wash it and the crap will disolve into the acetone, and not so much of the meth will have had the chance to disolve.
water and ethanol can hold quite a bit of meth, so not much is needed. if left in sunlight or just out in the open, it will take maybe a couple of hours to 12+hrs... its mainly the last bit that takes the longest... when the crystals are there, but are still slightly wet.
you can always heat it to speed it up, but that negates the whole process and grows small crystals.
Chemelion

I keep reading about all the steps you have to do to wash everything but I'm still kinda confussed. I've kinda got it but I'm afraid I might do something wrong. I've never done this before and I want to try it next time, so I was wondering if anyone can give me a step by step guide as to exactly how I can do this.
thankx

Just WASHING meth is very easy. Take your meth, dump it in a coffee filter in a funnel, and pour ice cold acetone over it. The stuff left in the coffee filter is cleaned meth.

If your gonna use acetone to wash your meth, it's a good idea to use dry, cold acetone. You can dry your tone by using a simple method that involves nothing more than epsom salts. This will get rid of any water in the acetone so less meth will be lost. Any water in the tone will dissolve meth as well as impurities.
How to Recrystalize:
1) Stick your meth in a beaker or pyrex measuring cup that most kitchens have.
2) Start adding dropwise, very slowly, very hot, fry ethanol. It's crucial to only use a minumum amount of ethanol. One or two drops too many will fuck up the whole process.
2a) As soon as you see the last bit of meth dissolve, you are done adding the EtOH.
3) Let it cool...slowly. First let it cool down to room temperature. Now put the beaker in a pan filled with cold water to bring the temp down a little more. Next stick it in the fridge. Now put the beaker in the freezer. The whole process should take hours for the best results. Take your time.
3a) When moving it from one stage to the next do so carefully. If you shake it up at all this can also disrupt the process.
4) Now after the water has cooled down enough the shardlike crystals will being to form. The crystal formation actually acts like legos. Like pieces of a puzzle, the meth crystals will fit together perfectly thus pushing out any impurities from the crytal formations.
5) Now pur off the EtOH/impurities and you can now scrape out your shards.
During step three it's imprtant to really take your time. Dont rush it.
The good thing about this is you really cant make any mistakes that'll ruin your product. If you messed up somewhere and dont end up with shards you can always evap off the ethanol and start over. Your product is still in there.
If you get this down, there should be no reason to wash with acetone or anything else. Your product will be as pure as it gets.
Good luck.
[ 16 November 2002: Message edited by: Bonecutter ]

Bonecutter - would you like to write a good FAQ along the lines of "Simple and Practical Clandestine Methamphetmaine Cleaning for the Average Tweaker with no Access to Anything you can't find at Home Depot"?
As-is you previous reply is good enough, but maybe give some exact measurements, pretty it up with some personal exploits, etc...
Post it and I will move it to the FAQ forum!
Keep it up!