• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

What the fuck is wrong with people these days, man, I swear to God, nay I pray to God, please help these stupid, stupid people help themselves...Amen name of the father son holy ghost, AMEN!

I just hope this is a troll, I hate to thing such stupid people actually exist outside of institutions.

I'm literally laughing at the absurdity of this thread. You people should really do yourselves a favor, and get a real drug like prescription amphetamines -- easy, and cheap as hell.

But I know what it can be like to be desperate to catch some kind of high and have access to some pretty welfare things,
I'm sure everyone on this forum has been there at one time or another.

I must be an exception, I can admit I've never done stupid things just to catch a high. I only did something of quality, and I never needed it either. If you can't get anything of quality that isn't dangerous or even decent -- do yourself a favor, and just stop doing drugs... I don't understand why anyone would jeopardize their health for a sub-par buzz, I cannot relate at all.

Can somebody tell me if shooting drugs which come as pills is always equally dangerous or are there pills/drugs which are safer than others?
For example what is the difference between shooting ritalin and wellbutrin? Why should ritalin be any safer? Injecting stuff which isn't meant to be injected should
always be very dangerous.

Can somebody tell me if shooting drugs which come as pills is always equally dangerous or are there pills/drugs which are safer than others?
For example what is the difference between shooting ritalin and wellbutrin? Why should ritalin be any safer? Injecting stuff which isn't meant to be injected should
always be very dangerous.

Certain pills are "less" dangerous to IV than others based on whatever ingredients are in the pills. For example dilaudids and (I believe) roxicodone.

"Each DILAUDID 8 mg TABLET contains 8 mg hydromorphone hydrochloride. In addition, the tablets include lactose anhydrous, and magnesium stearate. DILAUDID (hydromorphone hydrochloride) 8 mg TABLET may contain traces of sodium metabisulfite"
"The 5 mg Roxicodone (oxycodone hydrochloride) tablet contains inactive ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose and stearic acid."

Take into consideration how much an 8mg pill of hydromorphone weighs in itself... Much more than 8mg of powder. The rest of the weight is binders and fillers and god knows whatever else. But the pills are relatively small and through a little google search you will find there are not as many ingredients compared to other pills.
Now look at the ingredients of Wellbutrin pills...

"Wellbutrin XL Tablets are supplied for oral administration as 150-mg and 300-mg, creamy-white to pale yellow extended-release tablets. Each tablet contains the labeled amount of bupropion hydrochloride and the inactive ingredients: ethylcellulose aqueous dispersion (NF), glyceryl behenate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion (NF), polyvinyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol, povidone, silicon dioxide, and triethyl citrate. The tablets are printed with edible black ink."

Yuck. I'm not even sure if its safe to inject after using a micron filter.

While I of course agree w everyone here that injecting Wellbutrin (or any pill) carries substantial risk. What I am unclear about is the relative safety of shooting pills that have been properly filtered with a 0.22um filter using sterile water. While I have no data to back this up, and I don't believe any studies have been performed to answer this question, if I had to guess, I would think that shooting a pill that has been micron filtered In the manner I described is likely safer than shooting street drugs that have simply filtered thru cotton. A 0.22um filter will remove all particles larger than 0.22 microns (the avg bacteria is approx 5 microns). Plus, when using a pill, the active drug is professionally manufactured and therefore free of all of the precursors, unreacted intermediates and other impurities that almost always exists to some degree when dealing w a street drug that was synthesized in a clandestine lab that is almost certainly using equipment that is not sterile and u are relying on the synth skills of some random bathtub chemist with questionable skills in terms of drug manufacturing. Of course a micron filter will not removed water soluble fillers/binders, but these are generally things like lactose which are not toxic. Now I do acknowledge a potential danger of shooting pharmaceutical pills when the active druf itself dangerous to IV, even if u manage to effectively filter out everything in the pill and are left only w the active drug. Some chemicals are simply dangerous to use IV, and Wellbutrin may fall in the category, I honestly don't know.

Does anyone know if it would be dangerous to shoot Wellbutrin if they were able to obtain pure pharm grade Wellbutrin powder, or is it the inactive ingredients contained in the Wellbutrin pills that are responsible for the dangers?

Lastly, I also agree with the OP, that it is unnecessary, unhelpful and rude (and often hypocritical) when people post on threads like this and just mock the OP and aggressively state the obvious -that his habit of shooting Wellbutrin is dangerous. He made it clear that he is aware if the dangers, and acknowledges he has a problem, and is not proud of this habit. There is no need to kick someone when they are down. Sure, if someone makes a post like this and it becomes clear he is unaware of how dangerous this practice is, then by all means, we should provide the person with info regarding the dangers involved, but it should be done in a respectful and sympathetic manner.

Also, I find it incredibly hypocritical to see that often the same members who bash and mock people like the OP for engaging in their dangerous practices of shooting pills, are the same people who openly talk about their habits which often include the IV use of street drugs, using regular cotton as a filter. If you think that someone who shoots pills is a careless moron (esp when the IV pill users states he uses micron filters), you are kidding yourself if you think that your habit of shooting up dirty street drugs like black tar heroin using a cotton filter is a safer practice.

We all put ourselves at danger when using drugs, and when IV'ing, this is doubly so. And we have absolutely NO data as to whether shooting up a clean, pharmaceutical pill that has been micron filtered is any more dangerous than your IV use of cotton filtered street drugs.

"Wellbutrin XL Tablets are supplied for oral administration as 150-mg and 300-mg, creamy-white to pale yellow extended-release tablets. Each tablet contains the labeled amount of bupropion hydrochloride and the inactive ingredients: ethylcellulose aqueous dispersion (NF), glyceryl behenate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion (NF), polyvinyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol, povidone, silicon dioxide, and triethyl citrate. The tablets are printed with edible black ink."

Yuck. I'm not even sure if its safe to inject after using a micron filter.

I'm not even sure if this crap is safe when take orally. 8o

For example I once read an article about titanium dioxide which is in many drugs and also toothpaste and cosmetics.
The article warned of the dangerous and compared it to asbestos cause if it's small enough it can travel in the body.
I wonder why do they put this crap into so many things?

Unfortunately IV drug users like myself tend to develop a needle fixation and will try to bang what ever they get their hands on. I am also interested in the recreational use of this anti depressant. After a long battle with heroin addiction I have recently went on a suboxone taper (this only allowed me to go longer between bags) but at the end of my script of subs decided it better to actually use them to get clean instead of face certain withdrawal symptoms due to lack of funds for more dope. So I went the (some what) clean rout and am in counseling and was prescribed wellbutrin. Now I've done my research and have seen the nasty festering skin legions on the news articles from the Toronto globe but this is hardly enough to deter me. I wouldn't have gotten into H if I wasn't shooting diluadid in the first place. I am aware of the proper way to filter and the dangers in injecting pills. But I am broke and my family is fronting the bill for the wellbutrin so this is the only thing I can really get high off of and if I can I'll be damned if I'm not going to try it. Most people I talked to about it suggested insuffilation before IV use but honestly if I was satisfied with snorting I wouldn't have an IV habit now would I? So it's obvious what I plan to do I fill my script today. My question is #1 has anybody had any experience with injecting this and it not messing with their veins and skin? Is this happening because of inproper shot prep or is in an ingredient that doesn't seem to be filterable?

Unfortunately IV drug users like myself tend to develop a needle fixation and will try to bang what ever they get their hands on. I am also interested in the recreational use of this anti depressant. After a long battle with heroin addiction I have recently went on a suboxone taper (this only allowed me to go longer between bags) but at the end of my script of subs decided it better to actually use them to get clean instead of face certain withdrawal symptoms due to lack of funds for more dope. So I went the (some what) clean rout and am in counseling and was prescribed wellbutrin. Now I've done my research and have seen the nasty festering skin legions on the news articles from the Toronto globe but this is hardly enough to deter me. I wouldn't have gotten into H if I wasn't shooting diluadid in the first place. I am aware of the proper way to filter and the dangers in injecting pills. But I am broke and my family is fronting the bill for the wellbutrin so this is the only thing I can really get high off of and if I can I'll be damned if I'm not going to try it. Most people I talked to about it suggested insuffilation before IV use but honestly if I was satisfied with snorting I wouldn't have an IV habit now would I? So it's obvious what I plan to do I fill my script today. My question is #1 has anybody had any experience with injecting this and it not messing with their veins and skin? Is this happening because of inproper shot prep or is in an ingredient that doesn't seem to be filterable?

*UPDATE* it is definitely something in the pill. I cotton filtered then micron filtered and it was still murder on my veins.

So yeah.... I tried this today....

*UPDATE* it is definitely something in the pill. I cotton filtered then micron filtered and it was still murder on my veins.

Firstly, I want to state that this site used to be primarily about Harm Reduction, and the sorts of posts by many in this thread (i.e., "You're retarded if you IV bupropion") are a waste of the internet and the time of all who read them. I bet many of the same ppl who are contributing noise to the thread would also not be so quick to call-retard on OP if OP was asking about injecting coke (which is never more than 30% pure in most places and internationally cut with levamisole, which will ALSO rot your limbs off). This is partly why drugs-forum is my go-to site now. I've been lurking on BL for 12 years but it's these circle-jerk situations in the name of "harm reduction" that put new and old users off from this site these days.

So, to clarify: IV use of ANY drugs CAN BE harmful behaviour. Personally, my IV use only occurs when I am extremely depressed/anxious - it appears I have developed a needle fixation. I am slowly coming around to the idea of telling my addiction-doc that I'm an IDU, but I only started doing this a couple months ago. If you don't understand needle addiction and you're reading this thread, you could learn a lot, but only if you don't make moronic statements as several have here.

So, I dissolved a 150mg Wellbutrin XL in warm water. Then I put it in the freezer and fell asleep. 2 hrs later I woke up and carried out the rest of the process described by earlier poster. The solution had of course frozen, but it thawed quickly while shaking it.

Problem is, it turned out I'd used ~ 9cc of water for 150mg, so I had to boil off about half of it. I injected the boiled portion of the solution into my left arm (without missing at all), after filtering 2x thru wheel filters I got from needle exchange.

I felt: No rush, but also no vein pain. I've IV'd 100mg of ethylphenidate before, so I know what vein pain (and a DRI-rush) should feel like.

Is it possible the bupropion was destroyed by either the freezing, or the boiling? I am definitely feeling stimulated, else I wouldn't be bothering to post and I'd continue lurking as per usual ;)

I believe the boiling destroyed it because it says for storage it shouldn't be at more than 80°. I couldnt find much about it degrading from freezing.

Well i have ruined my veins in only one week of doing this shit. Not doing it all the day or every day, but they are so clogged. Yeah, sure the rush is nice, nut NOT with it at all! Whoever want my 30 x 300 mg pills can have them :p I IV`d 600 mg once and i saw all these stars in the ceiling and i was on a magic blanket etc.

Firstly, I want to state that this site used to be primarily about Harm Reduction, and the sorts of posts by many in this thread (i.e., "You're retarded if you IV bupropion") are a waste of the internet and the time of all who read them. I bet many of the same ppl who are contributing noise to the thread would also not be so quick to call-retard on OP if OP was asking about injecting coke (which is never more than 30% pure in most places and internationally cut with levamisole, which will ALSO rot your limbs off). This is partly why drugs-forum is my go-to site now. I've been lurking on BL for 12 years but it's these circle-jerk situations in the name of "harm reduction" that put new and old users off from this site these days.

So, to clarify: IV use of ANY drugs CAN BE harmful behaviour. Personally, my IV use only occurs when I am extremely depressed/anxious - it appears I have developed a needle fixation. I am slowly coming around to the idea of telling my addiction-doc that I'm an IDU, but I only started doing this a couple months ago. If you don't understand needle addiction and you're reading this thread, you could learn a lot, but only if you don't make moronic statements as several have here.

So, I dissolved a 150mg Wellbutrin XL in warm water. Then I put it in the freezer and fell asleep. 2 hrs later I woke up and carried out the rest of the process described by earlier poster. The solution had of course frozen, but it thawed quickly while shaking it.

Problem is, it turned out I'd used ~ 9cc of water for 150mg, so I had to boil off about half of it. I injected the boiled portion of the solution into my left arm (without missing at all), after filtering 2x thru wheel filters I got from needle exchange.

I felt: No rush, but also no vein pain. I've IV'd 100mg of ethylphenidate before, so I know what vein pain (and a DRI-rush) should feel like.

Is it possible the bupropion was destroyed by either the freezing, or the boiling? I am definitely feeling stimulated, else I wouldn't be bothering to post and I'd continue lurking as per usual ;)

Nope, but i bet 1/2 of it was gone because you had to boil the water away, you had 75 mg i guess. You should just smash the pill and boil it and get all the coating and crap away, the filter, let it get in room temperature and then hit it..

I understand that, but since you are addicts, then why don't you shoot something that is worth shooting? Anyone who is in as deep as intravenous drug use, should be a little more than amature in the "what you do and don't shoot up" department, no?

If a couple people said they were shooting pickled spider legs, and they "thought" they felt a four second rush, and a tingle in the their bum, would you as well shoot up pickled spider legs?

8)

Last edited:
Not anymore. Not with the wave of reckless IVDUs that start underage (>18), aren't taught properly, and maybe worst of all can't street score. No experience, so they do stupid shit like this...

I understand that, but since you are addicts, then why don't you shoot something that is worth shooting? Anyone who is in as deep as intravenous drug use, should be a little more than amature in the "what you do and don't shoot up" department, no?

If a couple people said they were shooting pickled spider legs, and they "thought" they felt a four second rush, and a tingle in the their bum, would you as well shoot up pickled spider legs?

8)
Thats just stupid... Its because people might not have any money for other drugs. People deep enough to shoot get addicted to the needle itself, its not uncommon for addicts to shoot just straight water into there veins when out. Then theres curiosity too.It is a cathinone after all and some cathinones are known to be extremely recreational, and people have reported a rush/high from it so... Am I going to do it? No. Do I empathize with it yes. I find it very intriguing. And above all, its a great hr topic because its a new trend with very little information on it.