• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Please help... Impure meth rewired my brain.

What you describe is a textbook description of exposure to trichothecene mycotoxins. Symptoms include mood swings, mood swings, tremor, shaking, short attention span, trouble concentrating etc.

Also, if only contaminated meth gave you supposed symptoms than it was something other than methamphetamine induced brain damage.

I have been exercising daily up until recently, I fractured a few ribs and my sternum is all messed up from a longboarding accident. I have been taking tons of vitamins and supplements for brain health, as well as eating all organic and very healthy. I have been trying to socialize as much as possible, and have even tried going out on a couple dates. The Parkinson's like symptoms that I've been experiencing made those interactions somewhat uncomfortable, and embarrassing. I don't know what is wrong with me. I don't even look the same as I did prior to this incident. I swear my cheeks are much more sunken in, and there are even worse bags under my eyes now. It seemed to have sped up my metabolism somehow as well, I have been losing weight and can't seem to stop. I'm sure this has something to do with working out so much, as well as eating healthy, but I am down to 165 lbs. A normal weight for me has always been somewhere around 190. I have been having the same psychotic freak-outs, and I'm still having terrible mood swings. I always thought I was somewhat bi-polar, but now it's seems very apparent. I haven't worked since the incident, but haven't really worked in about four years besides random odd-jobs and some under the table work for my friend's parents that own a seeding business. I lost the last two jobs that I was holding down steadily because my parents committed me to drug rehab because I was addicted to Heroin, and I overdosed on it four times. I feel like school has been helping my brain stay active, but it is harder than ever for me to pay attention. I haven't taken it or any other stimulants since the incident happened on August 10th, 2013. I don't plan on taking any stimulants ever again. I just wish I would've seen Meth as the dirty drug that it really is before this happened. I guess I should be thankful that this happened, instead of something much worse. I just want things to come back to normal, I feel like meth seriously damaged my brain. I know that it could have a lot to do with the mycotoxin exposure as well. Maybe it will just take time to heal. Like I said, I have been taking a ton of different supplements for the brain. Some of them include, MegaRed Omega-3 Krill Oil, Perque EPA/DHA Guard, Perque Life Guard, Perque Liva Guard, Perque Digesta Guard, Perque Mood Guard, Hawaiian Astaxanthin, Circumin 95, Oil of Oregano, Ubiquinol, Milk Thistle, Artichoke Extract, Lion's Mane Mushroom, Blueberry IQ, and Melatonin when I'm having a hard time sleeping. I know I am forgetting a few others, but this is most of them. I am also taking some other ones that help to recover from the mold sickness. I know I need to addressing multiple issues, and not just the methamphetamine. I am staying hopeful through all of this, I can definitely tell I am making slow progress. I am certainly doing a lot better than I was six months ago. It has been over eight months since I smoked that dirty shit, I can't believe I am still feeling it's effects. I can't believe I ever thought that Meth was an acceptable drug to experiment with. It is definitely the worst drug of all, or right behind Heroin. Heroin recently took a close friend of mine's life, so it's hard to not see that as being the worst of all. Not to mention it almost killed me four times. But meth is the worst of all in it's own way. It truly is the devil's drug. Especially when it's not cooked right. The stuff I smoked was like a toxic precursor soup. The meth I had prior to this experience was always extremely pure stuff. Most of the stuff I got was good enough to get you spun off a tenth of a gram. I always preferred the Red Phosphorus/Iodine extracted meth. This was my first time encountering impure meth, and it was an extremely negative experience. If anyone knows of any other supplements or vitamins that I should be taking, please let me know. I just started taking this stuff called Limu Moui recently, and I feel like that has been helping with the shakiness to some extent. I don't notice my head shaking as much. It has also been helping with my terrible restless legs that I have had since the incident. I remember the days after the incident happened, I couldn't keep my feet still. It was like I felt like I had to be shaking or moving them at all times. My whole body was shaking violently the night I ingested it. I had heard tweakers talk about how "shake-n-bake" makes you literally shake. Scary stuff. I can't believe anyone would risk their lives like that. I can't believe I did. It is very disturbing to think that I am that bad of an addict. Thanks you guys for replying. I know some of you probably don't take me seriously, with all the different factors going on. But trust me, what I smoked was some very sicko shit. I've never seen meth that didn't move in the pipe, it just sat in the same stuff when it was burning. It was probably 5-10% pure. I can't believe I smoked it. I can't believe there were other people in the town where I live that were smoking that stuff. I can't imagine what smoking a large amount of that stuff would do to a person. I'm sure there were prolly a few tweakers that ended up in the psych ward over that stuff.

Have you talked with your physician about the possibility of the drug induced Dysphoria. The reason i ask is the parkinsons like symptoms are realted to lack of dopamine. When you have the "psychotic" episodes do you still have the movement symptoms or do they go away during these periods? Did you try benadryl when you are having the movement symptoms?

stimulant induced dysphoria scholarly articles.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...th+benadryl+&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0,50&as_vis=1

It is also used in the management of drug-induced parkinsonism and other extrapyramidal symptoms.
Diphenhydramine

Way to hang in there and way to do so many positive things towards your recovery. <3

I don't know if there is a name for what you're suffering but it has a lot in common with akathisia. I had that from Effexor withdrawal and suffered while it gradually abated for two years. I coudln't do normal things and my finances went down the tubes. I isolated too. I finally tried coconut oil and turned a corner, I know it sounds dumb and impossible but I looked into the ketogenic diet for epilepsy and saw that it made sense. It took about 10 days to kick in. You can also use medium-chain-triglycerides because that's basically what coconut oil is. It lets your brain burn ketones for energy when its ability to burn glucose is harmed. (I mean the diet does.) Best of luck. I believe you about the drug. Maybe the mold had a role but the timing says drug.

I just noticed the post above that suggested Benadryl. That's also helpful in akathisia. For me it made me groggy enough to not care. It was a lifesaver but the coconut oil was a life-changer (for me). I had been unable to sleep without pot and beer for the whole ordeal. Once the oil kicked in I could fall asleep with one beer, and then I lost interest in drinking. (I still do but not compulsively. I can nurse beer for hours or forget to finish it. Haven't used pot in months.)

There are a few substances that are toxic to dopaminergic neurons, but as far as I know, they aren't found in meth as impurities or adulterants. It would have to be something quite potent and I would imagine you wouldn't be an isolated case. Something like MPTP is still discussed because it was alarming and anomalous. I think that there would be a lot more cases and relatively widespread coverage; the media would have a field day. Meth itself can cause the symptoms you described, but more from prolonged abuse. And you've said that you are not using meth, so it's probably not that. I think your illness is related to the black mold too, though I'm sure that using meth didn't help.

I guess the reason this is being emphasised by others in this thread is that there are a number of effective treatments for mold exposure. That means that there's a world of hope for you, which is a good thing IMO :) What treatments have you tried?

Hey I'm new to this site but tonight I was scared for my life..I was smoking with my friends just because then I decided to parachute some wrap some in some toilet paper and I swallowed it then after awhile I started feeling weird as hell.
Plus I am already diagnosed with panic disorder and I am very unhealthy..
I started panicking and feeling my chest and it was beating fast...I was so scared...my veins were bulging out and my blood pressure was up, and I knew I had fever because my head was burning...
I took a xanax it helped a little...but now I'm trying to sleep, I'm hallucinating still urinating over and over and I. So weak my brain feels fried to.

Okay, it's been about eight months since my "incident." I figured it was about time to do an update. Since August 10th 2013, when I made the terrible decision to smoke something I found on the ground in a little blue baggie at a gas station, my life has changed drastically. I have basically become completely anti-social, I don't even stay in contact with my "best friends" anymore. I have developed a Parkinson's like tremor, and it has been getting worse lately. I haven't used any hard drugs since that night. Lately I have been smoking cannabis and drinking beer to try to alleviate some of the symptoms. I feel like I will never be the same. I am not the same. I can't believe what one time smoking "unfinished" shake-n-bake meth can do to ya. I am such an ignorant piece of shit for doing that, and I guess I deserve what I get. It's just really depressing. I had always had the highest purity "red-phosphorus" methamphetamine or "ice" before this incident, which in a way, made me naive. I was unaware of the abomination that is shake-n-bake meth. I have got enrolled in college since the incident, and I am currently enrolled in three classes. I am trying to get my mind active, and save what little brain function is left. Since the "incident," I have developed a terrible memory loss. I cannot retain information for the life of me. It has made school extra hard for me, but I am proud to say at this moment I have all A's. I don't even know where to begin with telling you all how much this one incident has affected my life, I could write for days about this. I just really want to get some feedback from all of you reading this. Has anyone else out there had experiences with "unfinished" or extremely impure meth? I know this was meth, I used meth many times prior to this blunder, and I should have known to not touch that poison. It was definitely produced by an amateur, probably some hillbilly idiot who just watched Breaking Bad for the first time. I can't believe I was desperate enough to try smoking it. This incident just goes to show you the power of addiction. Please give me some feedback here, I am so lost and so distraught over this incident, I hope I didn't completely ruin my brain and life.

So within the last 8 months you havent gone to a doctor or hospital while having parkinsons like tremor??

Stop calling it shake and bake meth because you have no fuking idea what it was lol. Lets be real here.

Good luck with that old college try while not having the brains to get checked out by a doctor when your telling us about all these memory loss problems, tremors and w.e else crap i wont bother looking back to cite lol gimme a break.

When someone is truly worried about permanent brain damage Im sure signing up for freshman seminar is the last thing on their mind

Peaceeee

It is probably a combination of black mold illness and psychosomatic symptoms. One exposure to a drug doesn't do what you are saying. The mold is likely to be doing all of it. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure shake and bake cannot melt or recrystalize at all and will just burn do to impurities. Due to differing melting points and possible combustability , an impure product would not behave the way you said that stuff did. People do not smoke low quality product.
Shake and bake breaks down just like crystal if it's cooked correctly

The hallucinations are most likely due to lack of sleep...when ever I feel I may have "over indulged" I usually chug a few beers and that takes the edge off for me. I've never parachuted anything so I'm not sure. The best thing to do is stay hydrated and do your best to relax odds are if you can post on this sight you will be ok ? hang in there bud it'll be ok

Crown blend I came across your post I am going through the same thing I'm freaking out I need someone to talk who has gone through this if your ever on here anymore hope you see this if u do u can email me [email protected]

After reading all of Crown's posts I am lead to believe Crown tried the 'Shake and Bake' cooking method HIMSELF and wound up having a dystonic reaction to the concoction he had formulated. I think I've lied enough times in my life to recognize one. I'm a Heroin addict of 25 years. I am 3 years clean today. No narcotics of any sorts, just cannabis.

After reading all of Crown's posts I am lead to believe Crown tried the 'Shake and Bake' cooking method HIMSELF and wound up having a dystonic reaction to the concoction he had formulated. I think I've lied enough times in my life to recognize one. I'm a Heroin addict of 25 years. I am 3 years clean today. No narcotics of any sorts, just cannabis.

Kudos on your 3 years! That's fantastic!

I doubt the original OP will come back to this thread, but I too have consumed drugs that I found lying on the street. Fortunately in my day we didn't have all the RC varieties, so I didn't have any terrible experiences, or difficulty identifying what was found. It's par for the course, and sometimes addiction causes to make some poor decisions.