• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I hate suboxone n want off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiya ,

I am currently on 8 mg suboxone after codeine addiction.
I thought n kidded myself that I love it, even went on an anti-sub n said this but truth is I hate it.
It's changed me. I never used to sleep in the day but now I do. I feeel stiff n achy like an old woman. I'm tired all the time. I have this headache like my head is way tol heavy. Aching, back n hips all stiff. And nausea whicj is awful. I'm so done with feeling sick. I want me back. How I was. Active with natural endorphines pumping through me, excited for each day so I could get up at 5 am n do my INSANITY p90x workouts. Now i try exercising n i feel so heavy. Suboxone has done this to me.

When i first took this stuff I thought I was in a bubble protecting me from such intense emotions. But no more.

I don't recognise ME anymore.

Of to ser key work in half hour n going to ask to reduce to 6mg so please wish me luck!

Evey xxx

I am currently on 8 mg suboxone after codeine addiction.
Isn't that a bit... excessive? o_O
IMHO bupre/methadone should only be prescribed to long-time potent opioids users, not people with a small codeine addiction (or just a very small dosage, 2mg or around). And sadly, this post is the typical result of people jumping on high dosage bupre after a "not-that-bad" codé addiction.
Sorry, off topic, I didn't mean to sound judgmental, I was just curious about how you jump from (at most) 500mg of codeine base a day (the ceiling dose, not point in taking more) to 8mg of bupre? Sounds a bit drastic and taking it to a new level of addiction.

I have this headache like my head is way tol heavy.
Can't you get on subutex? A lot of people complained about headaches on subuxone, and when they switched to subutex it disappeared.

Good luck.

Those side effects sound like they are from taking way too much.. I'd never recommend suboxone, especially at those high levels, for a codeine addiction... I mean, even with the most serious codeine addiction.. taking more than like, 1mg of suboxone is way over kill.

Try taking your dose waayyy down and you'll most likely notice those side effects disappear.

First, to address what Fuzati said, 2mg would not be a sufficient dose of bupe for most people. That typically is not enough to even cause the blocking effect which is part of what the point is for using bupe for an addiction to opiates/opioids. Generally if you go lower than 4mg you are most likely not going to get the blocking effects. Also, just because it is pointless to go above 500mg of codeine a day doesnt mean she wasnt at more than that dose. It may just sound like a "small codeine addiction" to you but that doesnt mean that someone might not need help to get off and stay off. 8mg of bupe is an average dose and not excessive...now people who are taking 32mg a day, that is excessive (and I see it all the time) but 8mg is by no means excessive.

For the OP, the above poster is correct in that the other ingredient in suboxone does have a tendency to cause headaches in some people but so can the buprenorphine. Im really not sure why it would be causing you aching and pain because buprenorphine is a VERY strong narcotic pain medication. It is currently one of my round the clock narcotic pain meds and if I am not mistaken it is around 40 times stronger than morphine. A lot of people do not like it for pain medication but it can be very effective. My point is I'm not sure why it would cause pain. The other thing that is a little different from what most people experience is you said you feel tired and heavy all the time. Most people say that they get an 'up" speedy feeling from it (similar to what some experience with tramadol). Because of this effect some people really like it, some don't. That doesn't mean that it might not effect you differently, it is just more common for it to have the opposite effect on most people.(Personally it gives me tons of energy and makes me want to clean everything and do all of those tedious things i don't like to do!!)

I think I agree with you and might ask your doctor if he can lower it just a little. But just beware, the lower you go with it the more likely you are to lose some of those opiate/opioid blocking effects. It is still effective for pain relief at VERY small doses but the blocking dose usually occur around 4mg and up.

Oh, and I was curious, you said you even went on "an anti-sub and said this"....what does that mean, what is that?

Good luck dear. Holler if you have any questions or comments of feel free to PM me.

Hi Evey, How long have you been completely clean off codeine? I used them for a short while coming off a bad oxycodone habit. Suboxone helped me from being drug-sick but I still had cravings. You didn't say how long you've been on them. Talk with your doctor about a taper plan if you havn't already. I tend to agree with Fuzati, it does seem excessive using bupe to get yourself off codeine. Try not to stay on them too long.

First, to address what Fuzati said, 2mg would not be a sufficient dose of bupe for most people. That typically is not enough to even cause the blocking effect which is part of what the point is for using bupe for an addiction to opiates/opioids. Generally if you go lower than 4mg you are most likely not going to get the blocking effects. Also, just because it is pointless to go above 500mg of codeine a day doesnt mean she wasnt at more than that dose. It may just sound like a "small codeine addiction" to you but that doesnt mean that someone might not need help to get off and stay off. 8mg of bupe is an average dose and not excessive...now people who are taking 32mg a day, that is excessive (and I see it all the time) but 8mg is by no means excessive.

You can't decide what an average dose is from what doctors are giving out.. as nuts as that sounds. Suboxone doctors have a history of giving out incredibly excessive doses of suboxone. After stabilization, I have seen hard core heroin addicts completely withdrawal free at 4mg's...

You're underestimating just how potent bupe really is. 8mg's is actually quite a lot, despite what the doctors hawking suboxone actually tell you. They only benefit from having you on a massive dose and most people report zero change from taking a dose like 24mg's to 8mg's.

For a codeine addiction (and I'm not saying codeine isn't serious, people love to get on me when I bring this shit up) but compared to other opiates and other addictions, it is pretty minor (again.. that's a good thing). So if doses well under 8mg's can stabilize people coming off of 500-600mg's of oxy, 2-3 bundle a day IV heroin habits, then I don't care how much codeine you take, 8mg's is overkill.

Wake up tomorrow OP and start with 2mg's and see if all of those side effects don't go away.

Well, Fuzati's right. It's rather strange to start subs to get off codeine..but anyway, IMO i think that you can taper the subs, 6mg, then 4mg etc.I don't think that it will be difficult..and the faster the better, but OK, of course not so fast to get in W/Ds...Workouts, jogging and exercises generally, always helps A LOT, while you're detoxing, so your endorphines will find their way to work again, as they used to..

I don't recognise ME anymore.
Well, come on, i don't wanna hear bullshits...You have not lost your world, either yourself of course, it's just the fuckin subs that makes you think this way, fuck them...
Stand up strong on your feet, focus well your goal, and think..The fact is that the things are not so difficult, as you're maybe thinking they are..Come on, other people have kicked meds more stronger than codeine, like oxycontin, hydromorphone, even fuckin heroin. Yeah, i know, you're thinking "oh, these people have done it cause they were strong, i'm so weak.."..
Fuck no, you're not weak, maybe the drugs make you feel like this, but IT'S NOT TRUTH...Stand up and fight..You'll win.Keep the faith (Bon Jovi,yeah!;))

I wish you all the luck, believe in yourself, i'm sure that you'll make it, cause you fuckin CAN...!!!:)

MartinFn

im also shocked that a doctor would scribe subuxone for a codeine addiction..then again i remember being at the methadone clinic and there were people there that had very light vicoden addictions that were taking methadone to get off..i was like wtf..

^How can that shock you, everything I read and hear about seems like Dr's hardly take into account the addicts tolerance when Rxing Subs. Oh you shoot 2-3 g of H a day, take 16 mg and come back next week, same thing is told to the guy taking 60-90 mg of oxy a day.

There is no need to take 8 mg, that is for sure. I take 8 mg for maybe 3 days when I stop H and then I cut it down quick, preferring 2-3 mg a day after my body has adjusted to no H and just the Subs.

All that aside, I think the OPs issue is most likely the naloxone in the pill. Say what you want about it not being active, but its there and some of it is absorbed(this study says 0.9-2.0% orally http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22541841). If you can't get Subutex (and I know both Drs. I have seen refused to Rx it to me) my advice is spit the juice out after taking it and see if that goes away after a few days. I swear its helped me, I don't get the vague nausea, throbbing tension headaches, blocked ears, etc. if I do that. The one downside is swallowing the spit seems to help keep me quite regular on a daily basis.

I just want to chime in and add that 8mg is definitely an excessive dose. I have a heroin addiction going on about a year and a half and i am completely withdrawal free at doses of 1mg or less.

I just want to chime in and add that 8mg is definitely an excessive dose. I have a heroin addiction going on about a year and a half and i am completely withdrawal free at doses of 1mg or less.

Is that sub-lingual or another ROA?

I know I can get to that point, too, but it takes at least a week after the initial phase of acute heroin w/d subsides, which is just being made bearable by the suboxone masking the majority of the symptoms.

Look, no offence but I am NOT here to discuss whether or not I should be taking suboxone. I choose to take suboxone n I am here to discuss coming off the drug. My addiction was 800+ mg codeine NOT 500mg and would people have preferred me to die of liver failure due to paracetamol toximitry? Do you know how easy n how quickly that can happen? As well as that I have prevented addictions to drugs such as heroin as we all know that people progress to higher opiates.
When I FIRST started taking suboxone I felt completed normal - not high - just normal. These symptoms started over last few months.
So while I appreciate your support n advice I'd appreciate it if any judgemental comments as to whether or not I should have taken buprenorphine were kept to yourselves. This was my choice in how to deal with my recovery so please be respectful of this.
I only want to discuss coming OFF the drug. I have been given a 4-week script of 8 mg I am seeing my doctor on the 11 December n I will be asking to reduce to 6 mg. I WANT OFF THIS DRUGAS IT HAS DONE FOR ME WHAT I NEEDED n now I wish to be drug-free. Completely drug free. Including cooming off my antidepressants which is 40 mg citralopram (celexa).

Take care everyone n hope I never came across as harsh then as that's not my intention :)

Evey xxxc

Well, Fuzati's right. It's rather strange to start subs to get off codeine..but anyway, IMO i think that you can taper the subs, 6mg, then 4mg etc.I don't think that it will be difficult..and the faster the better, but OK, of course not so fast to get in W/Ds...Workouts, jogging and exercises generally, always helps A LOT, while you're detoxing, so your endorphines will find their way to work again, as they used to..

Well, come on, i don't wanna hear bullshits...You have not lost your world, either yourself of course, it's just the fuckin subs that makes you think this way, fuck them...
Stand up strong on your feet, focus well your goal, and think..The fact is that the things are not so difficult, as you're maybe thinking they are..Come on, other people have kicked meds more stronger than codeine, like oxycontin, hydromorphone, even fuckin heroin. Yeah, i know, you're thinking "oh, these people have done it cause they were strong, i'm so weak.."..
Fuck no, you're not weak, maybe the drugs make you feel like this, but IT'S NOT TRUTH...Stand up and fight..You'll win.Keep the faith (Bon Jovi,yeah!;))

I wish you all the luck, believe in yourself, i'm sure that you'll make it, cause you fuckin CAN...!!!:)

MartinFn

Ok. I had a bit of a chuckle at this. But good points.

^How can that shock you, everything I read and hear about seems like Dr's hardly take into account the addicts tolerance when Rxing Subs. Oh you shoot 2-3 g of H a day, take 16 mg and come back next week, same thing is told to the guy taking 60-90 mg of oxy a day.

There is no need to take 8 mg, that is for sure. I take 8 mg for maybe 3 days when I stop H and then I cut it down quick, preferring 2-3 mg a day after my body has adjusted to no H and just the Subs.

All that aside, I think the OPs issue is most likely the naloxone in the pill. Say what you want about it not being active, but its there and some of it is absorbed(this study says 0.9-2.0% orally http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22541841). If you can't get Subutex (and I know both Drs. I have seen refused to Rx it to me) my advice is spit the juice out after taking it and see if that goes away after a few days. I swear its helped me, I don't get the vague nausea, throbbing tension headaches, blocked ears, etc. if I do that. The one downside is swallowing the spit seems to help keep me quite regular on a daily basis.

Tbh, the main affects have happened since I stopped swollowing the juice as some1 said that its important to keep the juice for 30 mins.

^^

Please don't double and triple post. Use the edit function.

There are tons of threads on here about tapering off of suboxone. There are many ways it can be done depending on how fast or slow you want to come off.

Well, honestly, if you hate suboxone so much and it is causing these problems, the way to get off of it is to just taper off. There is no quick and easy way...your body will feel like shit for a while until you are able to produce natural endorphins again.

Trust me, I tapered off a 320+mg oxy and 240 mg of morphine per day habit. It sucked. It was painful both physically and emotionally. I hated every single minute of it. But I hated being a slave to the drugs more....

What kind of doctor in his right mind prescribes subs for codeine addiction?!

Yea you're on way to high a dose. When I was on 20-30mgs of oxy a day and doing a few bags a week, 2-4mg of bupe got me high, not just block. Subs are really unenjoyable when you take to high a dose, scale your dose down to about 2mgs.

Get off the stuff. How long have you been on it? And 8mgs is alot for a codeine addiction no matter how much syrup you was sippin.

FFS, can't we get these people a straight codeine script that gets tapered down instead of going on subs. 8mg is crazy talk, 2-4mg max bupe would be sufficient and whats the bloody point of throwing the naloxone in there for non IV users.
I know peeps say subjectively subutex and suboxone are the same but I get all types of sides when there's naloxone in the mix.
seriously can't believe people are taking that much code in combo with apap, if you can't get decent drugs at least learn how to CWE and do a bit of HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.