• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Permanent damage from psychedelics

For anyone still questioning wether lsd is harmful or not, should know that Hofman lived 102 fucking years

For anyone still questioning wether lsd is harmful or not, should know that Hofman lived 102 fucking years

I don't think LSD is harmful. Notwithstanding, I still find your argument flawed, in that harmful is not exactly synonymous with lethal or fatal. Sure, all things lethal and fatal are harmful; but all things harmful are not lethal and fatal.

Therefore, using the length of one's life as evidence of the pernicious or innocuous effects of something is not a valid argument.

For example, I can smoke PCP all day and every day for decades and ultimately die in my 100s from some unrelated health issue.

However, the neurotoxicity of PCP—its deleterious effects on my brain—cannot be argued away based solely on my having lived to be a centenarian. Rather, PCP was harmful but it wasn't so harmful and harmful in such a way as to result in an untimely death.

LSD is a mind altering substance as are all psychedelics. Therefore it doesn't take a neuroscientist nor a time spent pharmacologist to tell you that the chances of negative side effects entirely lay within the confides of your makeup. Some people can't take acid without niggling side effects during or after. Whilst some can take acid in much more heavier doses and more often.

We are talking about the mind here people. Something that we don't really understand. Sure there is all this literature out there and pharmaceutical companies portraying to know the answer but big pharma is corrupt and biased entirely on what? Money.

At the end of the day, my advice is this. And I'm just 'average' guy somewhere in the world saying this, not some highly acclaimed academic or professional in any field that might quantify more detailed explanations.

No-one can tell you that you'll be okay come a time when you want to try psychedelics because the truth is, no-one knows. There isn't a test out there that gives a result saying 'Ready to take LSD'. Or a machine that says '99.98% chance of user developing permanent and persistent problems as a result of taking LSD'. No-one actually knows as gospel the information we may want to know like whether we will come back from a trip or whether we will contract psychosis or other psychiatric conditions.

Statistics prove that LSD is one of the safest substances out there to ingest into the human body. It also has impressive therapeutic benefits and has helped change the perception of the human consciousness forever. Just to think, if Mr Hoffman didn't get the go ahead to research new medicine, we might not of been able to even discuss this information.

Regardless, no-one on here can give you a firm yes or no answer to whether you will be okay in terms of residual side effects. Some people get HPPD for the rest of their lives whilst some walk amongst us having taken huge amounts if not irresponsible amounts of acid and other psychoactive and live very normal lives.

I've taken acid numerous times and its changed my life. For the better. It's a therapeutic tool for me whereas some people might use it as a party product every weekend. Would that change the potential for disaster? Who knows. It depends on the difference between myself and the other person in terms of brain matter and neurological function, psychological function etc. Those typically are traits we cannot change because its just... Us. Hence why some people get bad reactions from eating gluten products like some others don't. It's just the way we are.

There isn't a viable testing kit out there for checking whether we are suitable to take certain substances and that sums our discovery of such beautiful substances up;

We either experiment with them or we don't.

AFewLetters... Spot on answer!

I'm super bias, but personally, I say it's not a good idea. I did shrooms about a month or so ago and I haven't been "ok" since. Everything around me seems different and I'm 10x more depressed than I had been before taking the drug... Yesterday I experienced my first (what I presume is a) flashback. It was brought on by weed and lasted about 2/3 hours. It was identical to my shroom trip and equally as horrifying. (I have my trip report posted on this account!) I never even considered doing other drugs - especially psychedelics. And I ONLY regret it. I feel as if I obtained no good from it... My reaction to weed on it's own is unique. I'm a very paranoid and anxious person as is and now that I know shroom flashbacks can be triggered by weed.... I may not even be a smoker anymore. If you have a negative or precautious/paranoid mindset going into it, you may have a horrible time. I wish I hadve listened to my gut instinct before taking shrooms... And I didn't. Again, I'm bias but best of luck! Do some research and read feedback on here before making your decision! I wish I would have lol! Xo

Shrooms ruined weed for me. After a bad mushroom trip, weed was never the same. Super small doses make me anxious and it acts as like a hallucinogen. I can only smoke a little when I'm hammered now because the anxiety and mental fog is too much unless im playing a game by myself. Social situations are brutal stoned.

I also disagree with the post above stating hallucinogens if dosed appropriately and not regularly will not cause changes in a person. While not drastic, my first shroom trip over ten years ago (which was great) has had a lasting impression with visual disturbances such as street light halos twinkling. Like I said, not drastic, but it has been a lifelong thing since.

unless the pharmacology is (mostly) known- the substances toxicity ... etc .... neuroplasticity is more relevant than oversimplifying SERIOUS BIOCHEMICAL CHANGES P E A C E

I tried to read through all the posts here but I think hit the high lights. Anyways, everyone is different. I hate to say it, but that's why drugs like LSD are dangerous. I don't think you can tell how a person will react to it until they try it. It did wonders for me in so many ways, but friends of mine destroyed everything in their house on it. I tried to get as much scientific information as I could before taking LSD. In the end it was a risk worth taking for me. I think you have to decide for yourself.

I agree with most of your points however it really is specific to each and every person whether weed or LSD or whatever makes you anxious paranoid blah blah...I think some of your points could do more harm than good to someone searching the internet to help them make decisions.

I think as long as the person takes as many precautions as they can, approach with small amounts initially, be cautious and be sound in mind that they are ready for whatever then THEY can find out themselves is a certain drug is good for them or not :)
Whatever the outcome, expressing these things and researching has been cathartic for someone with a mental disorder. Thinking the same will cause people to freak out is counterintuitive.

Approaching with small amounts initially, implies increasing doses and implies that conditioning your mind to accept psychedelic experiences will protect you. I do not believe there is evidence this will work and by analogy, a baseball can be hit lightly a bunch of times, that doesn't make it less likely to be hit for a homerun.

Last edited: