• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fake Mushrooms on street

my3rdeye

Bluelighter
Who would buy fake mushrooms? Cubes are very distinctive taste and smell and look, probably hardest substance to get sold fakes of. The St Albert police force are also very slow in releasing info on the make up of seized drugs. I have been bugging them about an "LSD" bust they made like a year ago and it hasn't analysed, or so they say.

Counterfeit drug may be on city streets

Drug seizure last week turns up fake magic mushrooms

By: Amy Crofts

| Posted: Saturday, Sep 07, 2013 06:00 am

St. Albert RCMP seized a batch of counterfeit magic mushrooms last week but some may have made it onto city streets.

Officers found a large quantity of capsules that were said to be containing psilocybin, the principal psychoactive component in magic mushrooms, but instead contained a mixture of dried generic mushrooms – ones that can be found at a grocery store – and a powder believed to be a dangerous psychedelic chemical.

The powder has not yet been identified, however RCMP warn it could have harmful effects on the user.

“We’re very concerned about what people might be taking,” said Cpl. Laurel Kading with St. Albert RCMP.

“It could be anything from LSD (acid), to an amphetamine derivative, to something that is going to have a hallucinogenic or psychedelic type of effect on people.”

RCMP warn the drug combination may make people very ill or have effects which are much more intense than the user might expect or be prepared for. The counterfeit magic mushrooms may also be sold in different forms, as psilocybin is found on the street as a white powder in tablets or in capsules.

The capsules were packaged similar to a pharmaceutical product and in quantities priced at $5 to $10. RCMP said the drug appeared to be marketed to young people such as students and young adults.

“People might have this at a party, as a dare, or on a whim,” added Kading. “You never know what you’re buying.”

Since the drug seizure is still under investigation, RCMP could not release details about on how many capsules were seized or how many could still be on city streets.

Kading said the drug investigation team does not believe this is an isolated incident.

“They think there is potential that there could be other people with the same product,” she stated.

St. Albert RCMP are cautioning the public about using illegal drugs as users do not know exactly what they are ingesting. People with information related to the drug seizure or any drug-related activity in St. Albert, can make an anonymous report to the drug tip line: 780-460-DRUG (3784).

http://www.stalbertgazette.com/arti...g0801/counterfeit-drug-may-be-on-city-streets

I like how the powder is unidentified yet automatically "dangerous"

When I called their department to advise them that failing to release data on fake LSD could endanger kids the cop said "all street drugs are impure and dangerous and anyone who doesn't know that is an idiot" and hung up on me. When people were dying from PMA the cops here refused to share any info about what it looked like, preferring their "all drugs are bad" mantra. Dead kids serve their agenda and I doubt any of them care about harm reduction at all.
Anyway I bet its a "Scooby snack" and the cops are just stupid.
Each cap contains:

• 0.6g Magic Mushrooms
• Korean Red Ginseng Powder
• Mua Huang
• Ginko Biloba
• Organic Peony Root

It actually makes reasonable short-term business sense - but not moral sense - to trick customers by using regular mushrooms sprayed with some research chemical that they buy huge amounts of and which is active at the mg level or less.

Still, they are lying bastards if they did so.

Back in high school some kid tried to sell me shroom capsules, I asked him what it actualy was and he said grounded up shrooms. Didn't buy any but it turned out to be 4-aco-dmt, which I would have bought had the dick just been honest.

It could be anything from LSD (acid), to an amphetamine derivative, to something that is going to have a hallucinogenic or psychedelic type of effect on people.
It could be anything from this psychedelic, to some other psychedelics, to something that is psychedelic. 8)

Last edited:
Yeah, 4-AcO-DMT would make a lot of sense here. I'm surprised I haven't seen more stories like this.

This was done a long while ago in Saguenay where I used to live around 2003/04, regular portobellos sprayed with liquid pcp. Ahh quebec and our obsession with PCP. Even professional posters about street drugs in my suboxone/methadone clinic here says it comes on "Papier Buvard" (blotter paper)....it's ridiculous how much people would blame bad acid blotter on PCP. I'd confront the idiots with a "ever snorted some mess man?" "yeah" "was it anything like that "shit" blotter you had?" "no" "why do you say they are PCP blotters then?" "...."

It's DOB, always was. Anyways around here in Qc fake acid is DOB since a couple decades now certainly. Only had it once..and I was crying for it to end by the 20th hour.

But yeah anyway, when I saw that guy trying to sell me those small brown pizza shrooms as actual shrooms I lol'd, smelled em and told him to take his pcp and shove it.

I went to several festivals this summer. After one such festival, a person I was cleaning up with found a pillowcase with ~5 pounds of fake mushrooms and an ~ounce of fake ketamine. I know cause I blew down a good quarter gram before telling him I thought it was fake. :( hah I'm glad that whoever had all of the fake drugs the guy found wasn't able to sell them. Not sure if they sold any but they certainly didn't sell all of what they brought that was fake.

Id like to think after all the shrooms ive been around plus as long as ive been cooking that i could distinguish some nice cremini or chantrelle from psilocybe containg ones.

Plus you can buy the spore kits cheaply and the things grow quickly (not to mention you can pick them from cow shit IF you know what you're doing); is there really that big a demand for shrooms, anyway?

Last edited:
There are lots of RC's around Edmonton - funnily enough you don't hear about them much. You would be quite surprised what gets passed off around here

Plus you can buy the spore kits cheaply and the things grow quickly (not to mention you can pick them from cow shit IF you know what you're doing); is there really that big a demand for shrooms, anyway?

OH YEAH. At least there is a HUGE demand for them up here in the PNW, but more grow here than anywhere else in the world. Almost anyone I know that does drugs is at least somewhat open to taking mushrooms, but like 80% + of even heavy drug users are afraid of LSD :|

*we dont know what the actual drug inside was, but it was definitely dangerous.*

^that just about sums up police and drugs they dont understand

OH YEAH. At least there is a HUGE demand for them up here in the PNW, but more grow here than anywhere else in the world. Almost anyone I know that does drugs is at least somewhat open to taking mushrooms, but like 80% + of even heavy drug users are afraid of LSD :|

Haha my friend who is scared to take more than a tab of lsd, ate a little more than an 1/8th of shrooms because "it's less you'll go crazy than acid"; he was pretty overwhelmed and said wow you really have to respect these more than I thought but had a good time. I hate the natural is better than synthetic fallacy.

I thought fuckers passing off crap chemicals as MDMA and LSD were bad, this is just something else entirely. Honestly, fuck you, whoever is doing/does this. Fuck you big time. I don't give a fuck, I hope someone blows yr brains out in front of your parents for pulling this kind of shit. I'm sick of this. No sympathy whatsoever.

I think it's the whole "natural versus chemical thing"; many people see naturally derived drugs as benign, which is quite strange when you think about it...

I miss legal shroomz! Years back, you could just walk into a headshop and buy a bag. Oh well, at least I've got my woodrose seeds.

I'll grow some again (not anytime soon) but as long as that provider of spores from western canada that exists since I did it once in the past with a best friend (I was part of a group of 4 great friends and it disintegrated and one is dead....classic I guess) I'll be interested in doing it.

Except this time I'd get a pressure cooker to sterilize the mason jars, cos really, fuck having half the mycelium cakes go blue/turquoise ugh.