Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

BK-2C-B experienced "A New Psychedelic"

Si Dread

Bluelighter
BK-2C-B

9:30 am After the usual cautious titration & allergy testing over a previous couple of days 100mg was wieghed out, ground to the finest possible powder, divided into 2 small 50mg piles. One pile was further divided into 5 equal heaps & folded into rizla parachutes. One down the hatch. The other 50mg goes into a paper wrap. During allergy testing I found the compound particularly vile, typical PEA, but also tasting quit strongly & distinctly metallic, which made me slightly concerned. My concern was reduced when no reaction was noted on allergy testing.

10 am Possible placebo come-up felt, extremely subtle. Another 10mg down...

10:30 am Still the same possible alerts, nothing obvious but a very slight, distant sense of dissociation might be present. Another 10mg down the neck, & about the same outta the wrap & up the nose. Ouch. Typical PEA on the nostril.

11:30 am That's more like it, now we're getting somewhere. Effects have aproached with deft slowness. No nausea, no come-up at all to speak of. Just a new sense of mild serenity & an expected increased interest in colour & my audible enviroment. I'm listening to 80's music & trying to work, so only looking for light effects. Don't worry, I'm not a brain surgen or childrens bus driver, like Otto. No lives have been placed in any danger, other than my own, during my work-time experiments. Just thought I'd mention that. A further 2 x 10mg bombs down the hatch & another 10 (ouch) up the nose. Final doses, total now 50mg oral + 20mg nasal. Total = 70mg

12:30 pm Touch of nausea after last hits, eased, perhaps surprisingly by a bag of crisps & a can of that lovely old/new Vanilla Coke. I think I just needed salts, sugar & hydration. Physical work! Felt pretty serene again after eating & winding up at work. Interest in colour & patterning has picked up. The effects are very subtle, probably due to my gentle titration & also because I have experimented with another new psychedelic 3 times recently.

18:30pm Quite surprised to see the effects continue to pick up through the first part of the afternoon. A radio advert had me laughing my arse off all alone at work, cessation of hysterics was followed by a pleasant walk home in the sunshine. Texture on walls & tree trunks is enhanced visually. All these effects are extremely familiar to me. Firstly because, being wary of nausea on classic PEA's I often titrate up or dose in 2 or 3 seperate goes to ease the come-up. So these threshold, subtle tripping effects are very familiar. At home I'm able to lay back on the bed & admire the colours washing across my white cieling, play with my cat & eat tastey things. These are typical 2c-type effects all round, but without the edgy intensity of, say 2c-e. Sadly I have not yet had the pleasure of 2c-b itself, so I can only compare this to my experiences with 2c-e & a couple other PEAs. I'd be interested to hear any comparisons with 2c-b from anyone who'd taken both & can give a comparative.

Anyway, all the effects from this new compound mirrored many that I've experienced on classic PEA's except it felt quite relaxing mentally & physically, making it a better comparison to some of the lighter Tryptamines. Unlike the the 4-Subs though, PEA's almost always produce a headachey hangover.

20:30pm Effects have worn off & have been gradually replaced by a typical PEA headache. No other obvious mood deflation or comedown effect was noted.

10:30pm Headache has become more pronouced, so 500mg of paracetamol is swallowed. It doesn't really help so another is swallowed. The headache is very pronounced now, worse & longer than others I've suffered post-PEA. I wonder vaguely if the metallic taste of the chemical may suggest a contaminant or something. Luckilly I've had a busy day, I'm nakkered & I fall asleep during the classic drug dealer movie, Light Sleeper.

Next Day 05:30 My very busy lady-friend is up & I wake briefly too... To the same headache I went to sleep with, albiet quite a bit lighter now. I swallow another 500mg paracetamol & return to sleep.

12:30pm The headache has lurked about most of the morning but has now gone. No more paracetamol.

Conclusion – Interesting substance, felt indistinguishable from a classic PEA until the headachey comedown, which was more uncomfortable & longer lasting than I expect from classic PEA psychedelics.

Last edited:
Shitfuck! Obviously, that report was posted where BL's rules do not apply. I have redacted that bit...

& please don't remind me, I cringe whenever I remember what happened to that shit :( :( :(

I lost some 2c-b, the first time I EVER got my hands on some & I lost it. FUCK!

Shitfuck! Obviously, that report was posted where BL's rules do not apply. I have redacted that bit...

& please don't remind me, I cringe whenever I remember what happened to that shit :( :( :(

I lost some 2c-b, the first time I EVER got my hands on some & I lost it. FUCK!

i've had it a few times and it aint all that- the visuals were good and it makes you horny but there was no depth to it at all. pure shallow

i've had it a few times and it aint all that- the visuals were good and it makes you horny but there was no depth to it at all. pure shallow

"Only Users loose Drugs" dear Si Ingwe happens to a lot of us although not always to that extend. My condolences go out to you for your loss.

And 2-cb was kinda funny a cartoonistic drug.

Good read, didn't even know BK-2-... 's existed. And my curiousity likewise grew during you re report till the headache
really put an stop to the fun. Was it substance related or can it have been dehydation other factors (hope Hope)

Last edited:
I went about my day as usual, eating & drinking as normal. I don't believe the headache was related to hydration, I felt it was a direct consequence of the drug experience. However, it's not unusual for me to suffer a headache after taking a 2c-xx. The only difference is this one was worse & quite a bit longer lasting. This was from an initial, small run batch of the drug & I have no way of knowing if an impurity might've caused the headache. Others do not appear to be suffering them, so equally, it might be unique to me or some sort of interaction with my asthma medication, the only meds I take daily.

PS Thanks for the kind word re my loss! Lol

I was thinking about making a thread on bk-2c-b until i came across this. Interesting read. BK-2C seems promising by the way you described it. Is it possible for you to compare it to 2C-E? I tried a few different 2C's and E was always my favorite. Never got a chance to try actual 2C-B, from what Shulgin writes about it it looks to be the best one.

Depth can be found on 2cb you just got to focus and bring it to the surface but it's hard to keep that mindset, the B just comes in waves of euphoria and you lose train of thought. Fogy and simple is what your mind becomes on the peak if you allow it. bk-2CB sounds very similar but perhaps 1/3 the potency or less of 2cb. 2cb is very erotic. My GF has gotten a headache from 2cb last night and it lasted till today. She is the first person I've come across with a headache from 2cb and she has had it before, usually in combination with a little speed, maybe that is why she has not got a headache before due to the speed comedown. Also writing a coherent sentence is a little hard for me today.

If you had 2c-d and 2c-c combined would be a little like 2c-b. 2c-b is nothing like 2c-e. 2c-e can get all mystical and shit 2c-b more like brilliant idea's that disappear to fogy memory. 2c-b = massively horny! So it seems like bk-2cb is quite similar but at the same time different to 2cb itself.

Last edited:

Not that shallow is necessarily bad, of course. That said, I have enjoyed my experiences, both visual & physical, with 2C-I over those with -B & -C. I have found 2C-I to present a physiologically clearer experience and it still definitely makes at least one woman I know quite aroused.

So is it really great or could I just take 2C-D and 2C-E and have something very similar?
Wikipedia speaks of it forming a pink solid when it gets moist or contact with air, it didnt read as if this was the stablest drug in the world.

"Conventional theory suggested primary βk-primary amines would be too prone to dimerisation to be stable in solution or when stored for long periods, but βk-2C-B.HCl is stable when kept dry. Exposure to neutral or basic aqueous solutions causes reaction to a purple solid."

Edit: It says its unstable in a solution not unstable as a powder.
Still could this drug be somewhat unstable?

If you had 2c-d and 2c-c combined would be a little like 2c-b.
Not a must then, 2C-D is doing a good job for a serotonergic uplift and 2C-E is good for tripping.
I also still have 4-aco-dmt, so actually when I think about it I have enough drugs already.

Maybe bk-2c-b can be microdosed to feel good for 12h instead of a maximum of 6h with a thing like 2C-D which I microdosed a couple of times.

Last edited:
I have gotten bad post trip headaches from 25i nbome, so bad it hurt to move. I don't normally get headaches.
Could the headaches be related to a sudden drop in vaso-constrictiveness?
If so, could simply having a cup of mildly vasoconstrictive coffee help releave the symptoms?

Anyway, I think I am going to bring this 'bk-2C-B' into my lab and do some testing on it.

Hows snorting go up against oral dosing?

I perfer snorting 2cb, curious if bk2cb is similar in that respect (although additonal painful powder could be an issue)

Tried it on Sunday - 130mg orally, swallowed in a capsule on an empty stomach.
Takes about ~1.5 hours before first alerts become evident, overall duration well over 12h.
Effects: colors are supersaturated and of great contrast, with a mild shimmering/halos around them. Textures appear "crisp" in a way that surface irregularities are more prominent. This is usually my first hallmark of visuals evolving; however, with this compound this did not progress beyond very slight patterning seen on the bitumen pavement. There was also some degree of emotional openness, talkativeness, giggling, and desire to engage in motor activities; however, none of the effects was pronounced. An interesting phenomenon of "reverbating" voices was observed, something I had never experienced with other substances.
Side effects: slight stomach discomfort during the comeup and slight headache as the effects begin to wear off. As well as the quite irritating outburst of dry cough at T+10:00, which actually required an inhalation of beta-adrenomimetics and corticosteroids. This was odd, as no other signs of allergic reaction were evident, and it developed that late in the course of the trip...however, I highly doubt that this was a mere coincidence.
If I were to compare this chemical with something I had previously experienced, the closest would be LSA minus nausea minus sedation.
Next time will probably take ~170mg.

Tried it in dosage of 200mg orally and was very, very impressed!
A full +++ experience with OEVS and etc. It was nowhere near the previous 130mg trial, a wholly different experience - remarkable in its somatic, entactogenic, introspective, and visual phenomena - as wholesome psychedelic experience as it can be.
Having previously experienced mushrooms, LSA, LSD, Ayahuasca, smoked DMT, DXM, etc, I was (am) still pleasantly surprised with the intensity and profoundness of the trip...
So, in case one is left underwhelmed with the effects at ~100mgmish, perhaps an incremental approach regarding the dosage would prove fruitful.

Thought I'd repost the somehow more detailed report I've just written for erowid here:

"Having previously experienced this compound at an oral dosage of 130mg, I had been left somehow underwhelmed. A slight entactogenesis, enrichment in sound, taste, and smell, somehow brighter colours, minimal patterning on the pavement was all there had been. However, escalation of dosage to 200mg changed the set of things dramatically..

Now, I've done a hearty array of psychedelics/dissociatives including, but not limited to, mushrooms, Ayahuasca, cacti, yopo, Ipomoea, Hawaiian baby woodrose, LSD, DXM, mexphenidine and smoked DMT,among others. I'm mentioning that in order to provide the reader with the understanding of the relative background against which the effects of substance in question, bk-2C-B, will be compared.

So, after an abstinence form food for 6 hours, 200mg of the sticky white powder was placed in the gelatine capsule and swallowed. The reasoning behind encapsulating the compound was the theory that bk-2C-B forms dimers when in neutral and basic solutions, rendering the compound inactive - so that simply dissolving the powder in a glass of water and gulping it would not be the best route of administration. As previous experience with the given substance had left me with a somehow annoying cough, a preventive measure was taken: an antihistamine claritine,5mg, was ingested, and a fixed mixture of beta-adrenomimetic/corticosteroid was inhaled. This proved beneficial, in retrospect.

The onset began in approximately 30 minutes. A previously unfamiliar sensation of intense tingling along the scalp and back of the head was felt. Then, a series of rhythmic contractions of peripheral musculature, aka shivering, ensued. This seemed to particularly involve the muscles of mastication. This was compounded with the "buzzing" sensation within the body-it was akin to paraesthesia one gets when compressing the nerve of on an extremity (i.e., the ulnar nerve at the elbow-sure everyone knows that tingly-numb sensation?), yet it was felt deeply within the body. Oddly but not unexpectedly, a series of yawning outbursts took place. Then, the dreaded increased mucus production began, manifesting as a desire to clear the throat-familiar to all chronic smokers. No cough, though! Additionally, the characteristic oddly numb feeling in the mouth cavity developed. This was highly reminiscent of LSA, blotters, and cacti. Of course, the expected nausea was soon to join the already dissatisfying agenda of nasty side effects. To sum up, the comeup was pretty rough physically, and could probably have been overwhelming, had I not previously experienced Hawaiian baby woodrose (worst nausea ever), cacti (extreme shivering!), mushrooms (yawn-myself-to-death), and Ayahuasca ("oh my god, I'm gonna die for sure") beforehand.
On a bright side, the pleasant effects were also observed in a matter of hour after the ingestion. A slight movement of the wallpaper was noted, which was then accompanied by the general mood elevation and the overall "trippy" feeling. These effects continued to pick up in intensity, especially the visual ones. What began as a vague "crawling" of painted surfaces every psychonaut is highly accustomed to soon evolved into a more complex illusion. There, a usual fractal pattern of textures "overflowing" all surfaces looked upon developed, but it was ornamented with a peculiar net of intensely pulsating red dots scattered throughout it. These series of red dots pulsating at ultrahigh speed had been previously observed during the comedown on smoked DMT, but not when under influence of other substances. In a matter of hours, the whole visual scene was pretty much indistinguishable from that produced by 3 grams dried cubes or 1 blotter of acid, to give you the approximation of the degree of OEVs. Yet, the visuals were remarkable and with their own character. Much less flowing and outstretched than those seen under Ayahuasca and mushrooms, but rather more circumscribed, more regular, "orderly" so to speak..and definitely "sparkly"! Indeed, sparks observed were pretty unique to this chemical. These shared some similarities to the effects seen while under the influence of Trichocereus spp (cacti) and were especially prominent around the glowing objects..most notably neon lights. Besides, a considerable "trailing" of moving objects was also observed, which again was pretty remarkable due to its "grainy" and "sparlky" qualities..as opposed to soft and flowing trails typical of mushrooms/Ayahuasca.

I cannot comment much on the subject of closed eye visuals..since I do not personally consider them "visuals" in the first place. That being said, I rarely willingly close my eyes while tripping. However, even briefly closing my eyes resulted in a multicolored explosion of Mandelbrot's set multiplying itself into the infinity...something worthy of appreciation by a seasoned CEV connoisseur, I presume!

As for the emotional side - it was pretty neutral. Positive, yet not overly pushy. A definite entactogen, yet far from DXMish "let me hug you!" and definitely not a "bro" style one gets from booze. It is cool in a way that one can easily engage in socialization if wishes... and still retain as much of an interpersonal distance as desired.

Remarkably, a high degree of introspection and re-appreciation of life's values was noted. This was "soaked" in utmost feeling of immense gratitude - to the Universe, to my friends, and, most importantly, to my parents. So, even though this substance was not taken with explicit intention to delve into the depths of subconsciousness, it surely showed it considerable potential as a tool for deep self-exploration. To recap: it's not just an eye candy, it is as psychedelic as it can get! Which implies it is not devoid by all too familiar nasties one learns to hate and love when dealing with 5HT agonists... obsessive ideation, paranoia, looping of thoughts etc are all there! Yet, these possibly unwelcome intrusive thoughts are very manageable. Nothing close to a 2-blotter "They are coming after me!" freak-out.

To sum up, it was a very rewarding experience. I'm typing this while still under the influence (the words on the screen are melting into each other and glowing with an alienly green halo around them-sweet!)..which is at T+12:00 after the ingestion. This implies that bk-2C-B can provide a potential full-day-long trip..excellent in many aspects: 1)it is not overly taxing on the body; 2)endows minimal mindfuck; 3)reasonably stimulating, yet not to the point of jitters; 4)moderately entactogenic, yet not obtrusive 5)highly visual, which is surprising 6) provides one with enough tools for elaborate introspection - if one chooses to indulge in delicate self-excavation, there's plenty to be found with the aid of this drug...however, the substance does not mind being used recreationally - which can not be said about Aya/DMT; and, finally, 7)legal for the time being!
That being said, I would highly recommend this substance to anyone interested in a solid psychedelic experience. Be prepared for the bumpy comeup, though, and make sure you do not eat anything for a minimum of 6 hours beforehand, for if ingested on a full stomach, this substance can take ages to start manifesting itself. Worry not, though- you will be able to eat and actually enjoy the taste of food after the comeup nausea has passed (at T+3:00 it is gone for sure). Some metoclopramide can be taken to ease this nauseous aspect out, if one wishes. As had been noted, the effects at 200mgs are totally unlike those at 130mgs (which were a bleak + on a Shulgin scale), and, in my personal opinion, it is at 200mg+ range that this substance should be taken-if one wishes to explore its full potential, that is. Overall, the compound bears considerable resemblance to LSA/cacti and in both its positive and side effects, and is pretty unlike mushrooms/Ayahuasca. This can probably be explained by its phenethylamine structure, I guess.

P.S. I was on a ketogenic diet while consuming the drug. This may or may not have affected the experience. Anyways this is something worth noting since we are talking about a beta-KETONE of 2C-B, after all..."

That's a very insightful TR. Thank you. Have been slowly increasing the doses of this to try and get a feel for the dose-response curve but haven't reached anywhere near to this level yet.

What I find a bit odd is the wide range of reported bodyload effects with this. From what I'd read, I expected this to be a easier on the body than, say, AMT but some people (particularly in this thread it seems) have a worse experience in that respect. Guess I'll find out for myself as I increase the dose.

from what I've read you must encapsulate this substance for any real effect due to the dimmer. nice trip report, was losing hope before trying this, I am interested again.

Wow...Sounds like a good experince. In my case I took 100 mg capsule with a big lunch and only started to feel the effect after 4.30 hrs. As I thought it was funny and wanted to explore a bit further took another 50 mg and ended up tripping hard for 24 hrs. Burping and winding and pretty nauseaous...Ha ha, pulsating luniniscence of bright objetcs, sparkly trails of my hands, mandelbrot set of spheres @ CEV...very acelareted thought and clarity in the beginning but then a big haze. Waaay too long. stop already...

Next time perhaps consider taking Metoclopramide, 10mg - it is remarkably efficient at counteracting described gastrointestinal issues (both nausea and bloating are completely eliminated).
Yeah the duration of the effects can be a bitch. However, I somehow managed to fall asleep while still considerably high (flowing OEVs and such) at T+15:00. Fooled myself by thinking "okay I'm not gonna sleep 'cause it won't happen, I'll just lay there for a while w/ eyes closed and wind down a notch" ->fell asleep momentarily. Of course, some short-acting benzos and/or melatonin can be taken if sleep is an issue.

Has anybody else had an extremely unpleasant time on this drug? My experience largely consisted of gut wrenching remorseful crying for all the hurt I'd caused people, and an overwheliming terror that I'd finally 'snapped'. I took the drug orally, ~180mg, almost exactly 48hrs ago, and am only just beginning to come round. By far the worst trip of my life.

edit: Oh, I also have myself a haircut about 6 hours in. Needless to say I look absurd.