• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

Thanks Solipsis! :)

Yeah, I expect big-ish things for this once word starts to spread. It is most definitely about 10 times weaker than it's parent compound but, without going into any detail, works out reasonably good value at the moment & will probably get cheaper.

I wrote up a proper report when I trialed this but I can't find it, yet...

It's actually surprising you got an effect, because bk-PEA's would probably dimerize like cathinones, and is therefore unstable:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=2998&d=1141845150

I guess that this BK-2C-B, at least the non-dimerized part, would partially metabolize to the compound BOB (the bromo analogue of BOD) which does not dimerize.
But the extent to which a product is dimerized could highly impact the part that is free to turn into BOB and to act, so I foresee dosage and effect inconsistencies which makes this series pretty unfavorable.

More on such beta-ketones in this ADD thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/244907-beta-ketone-analogs

would a alpha-methylation increase the potency? like a possible 2BetaK-DOB?

Not sure, when I return home later this evening I will have a look-see in the Shulgin Index book.

Thanks Solipsis! :)

Yeah, I expect big-ish things for this once word starts to spread. It is most definitely about 10 times weaker than it's parent compound but, without going into any detail, works out reasonably good value at the moment & will probably get cheaper.

I wrote up a proper report when I trialed this but I can't find it, yet...

A report would be most helpful! Should be one of the first AFAIK.

Last edited:
I've been able to try this at 111mg.

Very pleasant, and the experience itself is hard to tell apart from 2C-B. I actually liked the experience more than 2C-B as I was in even more control than with 2C-B itself, and incredibly blissful.

The trip lasted longer than 2C-B for me, about 11-12 hours total from taking my dose to being baseline again, whereas 2C-B is more like 5-7.

As far as time frames go, for me I had first alerts some time around 10-15 minutes after dosing, was fully tripping within about 60-90 minutes, and I reached complete peak around 4-5 hours in, then stayed there for the next 3-4 hours, then began a gradual descent.

For me there was a DOx like "comedown" with this, in the sense that the last few hours I was left with a lot of muscle tension and too stimulated to sleep, while still being mentally tired and wanting to be able to sleep already. I'd say it was worse for me in this respect than DOB or DOC were, but this was only present during the last 2-3 hours of the trip, and I didn't notice any muscle tension or bodyload of any sort during the rest of the trip.

If I'm very well rested or have a couple of beers or a benzo for the tail end of the trip then I'd pick bk-2C-B over 2C-B in most cases, if not or if I was pressed for time it'd be a harder choice and I may lean towards 2C-B.

I have to say I very much disagree with it being 10x less potent than 2C-B though based on my experience. I found 111mg of bk-2C-B to be similar potency to 40mg of 2C-B. I think maybe at smaller doses like 80-90mg yeah it might be equipotent to 8-9mg of 2C-B, but as the dose rises it looks like there's a steep dose response curve and the difference in potency quickly becomes a lot less. I certainly don't think for example that doses of 300mg+ would be even remotely close to reasonable with this one, whereas I'd be more than happy to take 50 or even 60mg+ 2C-B.

That said it may be as Solipsis suggested, that potency will vary quite a bit. Even if this is the case I would advise being careful with the dose. I think post allergy test, 70-80mg would be a good range for people just wishing to dip their toes in, then more like 90-100mg for a standard experience, and 110-130mg for a notably stronger one. If you find it's not enough then increase as necessary. :)

I also wrote a report but it's very messy and I stopped writing it at 8 hours in so I'll have to give it a read through and clean up but I should get it up some point soon.

Last edited:
Someone please tell me why on earth they added a beta ketone structure to 2C-B?!?! Is it just to evade prosecution?

I don't care but if it means a drop in price as opposed to illegal 2c-b then I'm down 200%

I highly doubt it, These chemist's and vendors know when they get something popular, shit AL-LAD and LSZ are more expensive then LSD for me right now...

I would guess this is still illegal in the USA under the analog act, anyone confirm?

I would think so, but that didn't stop them from selling multiple other 2c chems in the states until many were explicitly outlawed
And I would think that if it were sold along side 2c-e or 2c-i or others they couldn't get away with charging as much as they do for 2c-b.
Black market inflation really is a bitch

Not sure, when I return home later this evening I will have a look-see in the Shulgin Index book.

I checked it (silly me for not checking before asking)! BetaK-DOB should be orally active at 30 mg. Rather interestingly this one we are discussing (BetaK-2C-B) is not listed in the Shulgin Index...

Too bad it had to have such a long duration otherwise it might have been interesting. One of the good things about 2-cb is that it doesn't have to last a whole day.

Read what is now post #7 and #8 of this thread.

Basically if a compound has a ketone and a primary amine both in the molecule (at a certain distance I might add), two of such molecules can start 69-ing each other: the amine reacts with the ketone of the other and vice versa. Then they never stop. Pervs.
What happens then is shown here

Primary amines, R-NH2 or ArNH2, undergo nucleophilic addition with aldehydes or ketones to give carbinolamines which then dehydrate to give substituted imines.

The resulting ring unless I am mistaken is a 2,5-dihydropyrazine

Last edited:
so basically, something happens when trying to synthesise this shit, because of it's particular molecular structure, that might render the product useless, inactive..?

Yes, might. Not will. It is possibly dependent on the solvents used, and who knows how much the manufacturers have optimized their conditions. It brings a slightly new dimension to purity. Who knows, it might even be that having a full stomach while eating this compound will cause more if it to dimerize in your stomach and indeed become inactive?
NBOMe compounds can also be inconsistent in dosage for relatively unusual reasons (speed of absorption and transportation to the brain and probably tachyphylaxis), this bk-2C-B is possibly also a bit inconsistent. Maybe we are relying far too much on theory here to speculate further though.

I just red about this compound for the first time. Seems very interesting for people who can´t get their hands on plain old 2c-b. I wonder how stable this stuff is for long time storing.

I see that bk-2c-b is less potent than 2c-b but longer lasting. What about bk-DOB is it possible that this one is also less potent than DOB itself but with a shorter duration like it is with bk-MDMA and MDMA? Of course bk-MDMA is also N-Methyl, but you know what i´m thinkin. Anyone with experience would be welcome.

Someone please tell me why on earth they added a beta ketone structure to 2C-B?!?! Is it just to evade prosecution?
Yep, that's how this whole thing works. Speaking of which, alpha-methylation will make it illegal in the UK, so there'll be no bk-DOx's for us.

Yes, illegal in the UK but not in the rest of EU. Illegal or not, i´m interested in the alpha-methyl for sure.

Hey. First post on bluelight; how exciting. :)

Does anyone have any information about BK-2C-B?

So far all I've found out is that it seems to be much less potent than 2C-B. Is that correct?
Does that mean that it's impossible to get the same effects as 2C-B or just that larger doses are required.
Lastly, any information on toxicity?

Thanks

Oh and ROA would be appreciated.

Silly question but is BK-2C-B water soluble? Could I do a liquid measurement with it? sorry for all the questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Silly question but is BK-2C-B water soluble? Could I do a liquid measurement with it? sorry for all the questions!

Why would you want to do that? Usually people use liquid measurement for drugs that are hard to dose "normally" because the dosage is too low to weigh them properly. With bk-2c-b this doesnt seem to be the case.

Why would you want to do that? Usually people use liquid measurement for drugs that are hard to dose "normally" because the dosage is too low to weigh them properly. With bk-2c-b this doesnt seem to be the case.

If I don't have access to scales, for example.

Maybe he doesn't have a scale at all. If that's the case though I'd advise caution - liquid measurement is only accurate when you know the initial amount you're working with. If you're expecting 1g and your vendor decides to be nice and send you 1.4g, you go to dose 10% of your solution hoping for a 100mg dose and end up with 140mg.

If ever dealing with liquid measurement and only a rough total dosage is known, then the best is to then titrate from a fraction of an expected dose of solution upwards until you find the right dose; this amount of solution will then be a good dose for you again in future so you can dose accurately. The downside is that you don't know exactly how many mg this is, but this is the safest way to measure if you don't have a scale and only known a rough total weight within a certain degree of accuracy. You can't titrate when eyeballing since piles will not be the same each time, but a given amount of solution (provided none has evaporated) will contain the same amount of substance - allowing for titration.

Anyway iirc it's water soluble but don't quote me on that, maybe someone else can confirm and if so how soluble. :)

Regarding dosage, I found 111mg similarly potent to 40mg of 2C-B when I tried it as I think I already said, and since people don't really go much higher than that with 2C-B, maybe occasionally to 50-60mg, I think you can definitely get the full experience with this too.

This one seems more adrenergic so I think maybe this should be treated more like DOx compounds with increased dosage, and in terms of toxicity, i.e. don't just take 2x as much for a crazy experience like you might with a 2C-x as at the very least it's likely to be overstimulating, and we can't yet be sure how safe it'd be.

With aMT I used vinegar to help the powder dissolve in the water. I know next to nothing about chemistry but I'm pretty sure that mixing vinegar with some chems isn't a good idea. Would that be the case with BK-2C-B or is there too little information to know?

Last edited by a moderator: