• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

Shit this stuff is just like icing on the cake for me hahaha hows it going cruiza!

Just to clarify I haven't purpled my snortus today(yet) haha.

I have no first hand knowledge of said compound in thread but purple snot is a two thumbs up in my opinion!
Would love to try this one myself, once again sorry for the lack of time, will post more later!

One person mentioned 17 hours (I take it that it all inclusive) and another posted a trip report and provided a link to it. Next time try actually reading a thread.. ;)

that sounds about right. Was maybe 15/16 for me.

A bit of topic but would be great if they could add a keytone to coke and make it last twice as long that would be mint

Typically beta-ketones reduce duration and potency. This only appears to not be the case with 2,5-dimethoxyphenyl's at the moment. I imagine RC vendors would selll dimethocaine first if they already aren't since it is likely more successful and worth the cost of synthesis.

Would you say bk-2cb would leave you high enough to go to a club or a rave? the thing is with 2CB is that even on a very strong dose,
despite the fact that im tripping balls and im in a technicolour dreamworld i still feel sober compared to mushies or acid. I wouldn't go raving.

yeah 5-6 hours of rolling followed by 10+ hours of tripping does sound a bit much, something for a festival maybe? or i could just keep a couple of benzos handy for when I'm exhausted

this is the great thing about 2C-B and why i love it. if you want mindfuck there's plenty other compounds out there, if you want something clear minded, almost 0% introspective, fantastic visuals, and great for sex this is it.

Typically beta-ketones reduce duration and potency. This only appears to not be the case with 2,5-dimethoxyphenyl's at the moment. I imagine RC vendors would selll dimethocaine first if they already aren't since it is likely more successful and worth the cost of synthesis.

Yeah ws kind of tonge in cheek but maybe some other modification could extend durration

I have a noob chemistry question (sorry in advance). Are these BK-2C-X chemicals considered Cathinones? I had assumed that only amphetamines with a Beta Ketone added on to be Cathinones but I was thinking last night that what the heck do you call Phenethylamines with a BK added on if they are not considered to be Cathinones?

You are correct in your assumption the addition of the β-keto would give βK-2C-B status as a cathinone and phenethylamine with a carbon bond to the halogen bromine.

Amphetamines are phenethylamines with an alpha-alkyl group. Cathinones are amphetamines with a beta-keto group. Therefore, in order to fall into the cathinone classification, a phenethylamine must have both an alpha-alkyl and a beta-keto group, and this chemical is bereft of an alpha-alkyl group, and so is not an amphetamine, and therefore not a cathinone either. Geddit? AFAIK this is the first simple phenethylamine with the oxo substitution, certainly the first to gain any kind of widespread recreational popularity, so there was never any reason to coin a name.

Suitable explanation and a better look I do understand what you are saying, and goes to show I am only correct 50% of the time. The times I am correct certainly do not involve cathinones. Actually now I am having one of those life-changing moments where I ask myself if I ever even knew what cathinones were to begin with. :p

Gotta love science sometimes. I remember being one of those guys saying this compound wouldn't happen on a forum just like this one (maybe even this one as I'm not really in the whole forum scene much). The dry stability and increased duration really were a left hook. We're gonna be seeing more beta-ketones in the future for sure.

I think I should shamelessly plug for more interest into beta-methoxy-PEA's while I am at it (I made a thread about the class which seem to be overlooked due to beta-ketones).

Perhaps those interested in the compound discussed in this thread would likely be interested in BOB.

Suitable explanation and a better look I do understand what you are saying, and goes to show I am only correct 50% of the time. The times I am correct certainly do not involve cathinones. Actually now I am having one of those life-changing moments where I ask myself if I ever even knew what cathinones were to begin with. :p

Gotta love science sometimes. I remember being one of those guys saying this compound wouldn't happen on a forum just like this one (maybe even this one as I'm not really in the whole forum scene much). The dry stability and increased duration really were a left hook. We're gonna be seeing more beta-ketones in the future for sure.

Carry on you purple snotted cosmonauts!

I wish I could get enough of an appreciation for cathinones to respect them more. Maybe I have discarded a liking of empathy, euphoria, and whatnot from this family somewhere in my search for deeper understanding's. I will say that 2C-B is alright by me but I don't need to be riding that train for more than 6 hours.

Last edited:
just wondering about possible novel compounds

and if it would increase the required dose it would help with the od problem

Right, I just did a little experiment to solve this purple conundrum once and for all.

It seems that tap water actually makes the reaction go fastest. This is not entirely surprising as imine formation is normally fastest at pH 8. Saturated sodium bicarbonate solution made it go a little pink, though much less than expected. The vinegar, and surprisingly also the vodka appear to show no colour change. Below are some photos, one raw and one to accentuate the colour difference. Apologies for the poor photos, the whole setup is just as amateur as I just wanted to a do a really quick test.

xgdUeDzm.jpg
wZxQvb6m.jpg

Right, I just did a little experiment to solve this purple conundrum once and for all.

It seems that tap water actually makes the reaction go fastest. This is not entirely surprising as imine formation is normally fastest at pH 8. Saturated sodium bicarbonate solution made it go a little pink, though much less than expected. The vinegar, and surprisingly also the vodka appear to show no colour change. Below are some photos, one raw and one to accentuate the colour difference. Apologies for the poor photos, the whole setup is just as amateur as I just wanted to a do a really quick test.

xgdUeDzm.jpg
wZxQvb6m.jpg
Has anybody tried dissolving in vinegar and plugging? I'm just glancing here but the way I'm reading it doing so might prevent the purple dimer you get with water/nose moisture and, probably, increase potency quite a bit?
Solipsis said:
Basically if a compound has a ketone and a primary amine both in the molecule (at a certain distance I might add), two of such molecules can start 69-ing each other: the amine reacts with the ketone of the other and vice versa. Then they never stop. Pervs.
No need for name calling. You'd do it if you could, too ... just jealous.

Last edited: