• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

What you're doing with aMT is adding acetic acid (vinegar) to aMT freebase (the most common and potent form) to create aMT acetate, which is more readily soluble in water. Most/all bk-2C-B available is likely to be in salt form already so this wouldn't achieve anything.

Also for what it's worth, you can use the edit button when you want to add more to a post rather than making a new post! :) if though you've asked an important question and haven't gotten an answer after say a few days then it may be worth posting again to bring back attention to the post.

Alright let's get back on topic - hey just a thought, but if any of you have reagent test kits, test this with a few and post the colours over in the big test results thread in the pill testing forum. It'd be good to have the results there ready for people to compare to in future especially if this becomes popular as I'm guessing it will based on how popular 2C-B itself is. I've never looked into how the reagent kits work myself so I'm not sure if we should expect the same result as 2C-B or something different entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think βK-2C-B is soluble in EtOH more so than water, but should be water soluble.

I'm pretty ignorant of chemistry so this may be a lot of nonsense but is there any way of estimating any dangers or toxity from it's structure or similarity to 2C-B?
Have 250mg but might sit on it until more information is available.

Yes, structure-activity-relationship predictions are used for that.

Addition of the β-ketone would normally suggest a lower potency and shorter duration but does not suggest any increased toxicity. Increased adrenergic activity might increase its acute risk in overdose but hopefully the low potency will reduce risk of overdose by misidentification.

Fascinating that with βk-amphetamines the duration is shortened but with this it is significantly longer. So perhaps βk-DOB would have a manageable potency and duration.

• 2C-B is primarily metabolised by oxidative deamination and also a certain amount of demethylation.[1]
  • βk-PMMA has a shorter duration than PMMA

So I am kinda at a loss on what's happening here. You can't tell me that removing the a-methyl or N-methyl prevents the β-ketone being metabolised so surely it's some resonance with the methoxy groups. Yet βk-PMMA can resonance stabilise and has a shorter duration.

So much to speculate on, so little evidence. Whatever happened to only changing one variable at a time?

gonna put in a lil order, do those who have taken it think it might synergise as well with MDMA as 2-CB?

If it does work out i call first dibs on naming the _flip!

I found it to be strong and similar to MDMA by itself so I wouldn't see much point in a combo.

I've never used 2C-B but I recall hearing that it was used to keep the MDMA roll going but BK-2C-B lasted about 17 hours for me so a combo would leave you pretty desperate for sleep at the end of it all!

Would you say bk-2cb would leave you high enough to go to a club or a rave? the thing is with 2CB is that even on a very strong dose,
despite the fact that im tripping balls and im in a technicolour dreamworld i still feel sober compared to mushies or acid. I wouldn't go raving.

yeah 5-6 hours of rolling followed by 10+ hours of tripping does sound a bit much, something for a festival maybe? or i could just keep a couple of benzos handy for when I'm exhausted

Would you say bk-2cb would leave you high enough to go to a club or a rave? the thing is with 2CB is that even on a very strong dose,
despite the fact that im tripping balls and im in a technicolour dreamworld i still feel sober compared to mushies or acid. I wouldn't go raving.

yeah 5-6 hours of rolling followed by 10+ hours of tripping does sound a bit much, something for a festival maybe? or i could just keep a couple of benzos handy for when I'm exhausted

I found BK-2C-B at 110mg very strong and, as I said, pretty similar to rolling but with some more visuals. It was definitely psychedelic but I didn't find it to have the deepness of acid or mescaline.

I'd recommend sticking to one drug at a time. When it first started kicking in, I got quite shaky and jitterish and MDMA with that would have been really unpleasant

I have 150mg in water at the moment. Does anyone have any idea how long I could store it for?

Early reports suggest about 10 minutes. Storage in water seems to lead to polymerisation into a purple substance.

Edit: This should theoretically be reversible but it's not clear whether this is true. The acidic conditions in the stomach inhibit the polymerisation so only as other ROAs are tried will we know if this is a problem.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of this substance forming polymers in the human body after it has been eaten? If simply putting it in water has such an effect I'd be nervous about swallowing it.

Is there any chance of this substance forming polymers in the human body after it has been eaten? If simply putting it in water has such an effect I'd be nervous about swallowing it.

Why? Are polymers dangerous? Sounds like the polymer formed, or the dimerization or whatever is producing a seperate chemical which has rolly type effects and a low potency. I'd be interested to know what % of this powder is bk-2c-b, what % of it is dimerized, and what % of it changes through polymerization with water and what it changes to.

Has anyone found out whether the purple dimer is active?

Also I wonder if n methylation of the molecule would result in an active yet stable compound.

Why? Are polymers dangerous? Sounds like the polymer formed, or the dimerization or whatever is producing a seperate chemical which has rolly type effects and a low potency. I'd be interested to know what % of this powder is bk-2c-b, what % of it is dimerized, and what % of it changes through polymerization with water and what it changes to.
My understanding is that some polymers are indeed toxic (like plastics) and some are essential to life. So yes sone polymers are dangerous. Now, I don't have a background in chemistry which is why I asked the question. I realize that the polymer that bk-2cb produces may be totally harmless but it seemed strange to me so I thought I'd ask the smart people at ADD.

My understanding is that some polymers are indeed toxic (like plastics) and some are essential to life. So yes sone polymers are dangerous. Now, I don't have a background in chemistry which is why I asked the question. I realize that the polymer that bk-2cb produces may be totally harmless but it seemed strange to me so I thought I'd ask the smart people at ADD.

Polymer just means multiple molecules linking together. Dimer means two molecules linking together. I don't see any reason why something would become toxic because of poly/dimerisation.

Gelatine is a polymer as is starch.

No reason to expect a potential polymer of this to be any more dangerous than the monomer but at this stage it's hard to speculate. It's not a pharmacological phenomenon we have come across before.

Any polymer will be active if it's as reversible as I suspect.

N-methylation will remove psychedelic activity but may create a prodrug.

Has anyone found out whether the purple dimer is active?

Also I wonder if n methylation of the molecule would result in an active yet stable compound.

The dimer is most certainly not active in any way similar to its predecessor.

No telling as to its toxicity, but it should look like this:
89534600ge3.png

N-methylation improves stability, but nixes the serotonergic activity and therefore psychedelic action.

Acidic conditions of the gastric juices should prevent this, but make sure it's in a capsule so it makes it down I guess?