• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

On BK-2CB right now and sadly, the visuals are nothing like other experiences. I find it such an inconsistent substance - 80mg one day will produce mild visuals, 100mg on another will have minimal effect, 130mg had me at +++ at least, but 170mg barely caused colour shift and tracers.

Are you wrapping it up in a rizla bomb or capping it & swallowing it with something acidic like fruit juice, on a fairly empty stomach? If it gets wet with something neutral or basic, like plain water, some might turn inactive, swallow it with some pop or fruit juice instead & it'll work every time. If you're doing it too often you will hit tolerance problems at some point too, only so much serotonin you can release.

Hi all, just wanted to say I've been a long time lurker (4 years I think) and I feel there isn't enough input on this very unusal drug so I'm here to add the input a friend of a friend had last night and is still having, so I'll begin:

A friend of a friend with his girlfriend took what they calculated to be normal doses for themselves, the girlfriend had more due to a drug resistance and he had quite a low tolerance when it comes to psychadelics, in order to test it was in fact bk-2c-b he added a knife point to a few drops of water and sure enough the water turned pruple, and he added the water into a container with 200ml or so more water, after initial allergy testing (where they waited 2 hours) they went ahead;

9:45pm T+00 both took a rizla containing the substance
10:30-11pm T+01 feeling a tingle, nothing that couldn't be a placebo, nasty headache brewing
12pm T+02 friend and girlfriend had something to eat, by now all the water in the container turned purple which was funny to them, headache almost unbearable, reached for the paracetamol but stopped thinking it could cause liver complications
1am T+03 definitely feeling quite dirty and tense on the inside, the feeling you often get from stimulants, this was supposed to be the peak point
2am T+04 peaking, hard, SWIM is starting to feel very uncomfortable and the psychadelic feeling is washing over him
3am T+05 feeling alot of panic whilst his girlfriend is enjoying the experience and tripping, he feels safe with the light on but anxious with it off whilst she feels the opposite, they find that having the low glow of the tv sets them both at ease, at this point he is shivering and gurning away trying to take hold of all the introspective thoughts he is being flooded with, but trying to keep it together and not get into a full blown panic in front of her so hes trying to find people to chat to but noone replies (he can't blame them it's far too early) in the end he confess how bad he's feeling and starts to make sense of all the self revelations, he starts to delve into a very philosophical and psychological assessment of his life and finds that for the next few hours there's peace within himself and he notices and notes down a chain of causation and can see patterns of development making themself apparant (such as having parents beat him, neglect him etc helped lead to SWIM's severe self loathing) and the introspection which is a new but quite satisfying experience having very poor powers of self reflection normally
7-9am T+09onwards very tired now, introspection and powers of reasoning have worn off, noticing how quite his girlfriend has been and feeling guilty for revolving the experience around him and not involving her enough whilst normally he tries to make sure they both get as much attention as wanted but she seemed genuinly happy listening to him talk and he had alot to get out, wishing he had some etizolam (although brilliant at knocking him out he wouldn't normally consider the stuff, having a nasty groggy feeling afterwards)
12am -- after having nodded off for a few hours SWIM and girlfriend feel much better, feeling alot of soreness from the muscle tension with some of the anxiety and groggyness normally associated with comedowns and the day after

summary:
physically, this stuff feels just like AMT ( alpha methyl-tryptamine) and the effects were very similar also, however nowhere near as good, for instance music seemed very disassociated and not at all real, but TV was enjoyable, whilst on TV he can't focus on TV but music sounds incredible, this stuff, at least for my friend, is almost useless recreationally, and he would choose AMT over bk-2c-b every single time, however this drug offers amazing powers of self revelation and the ability to analyse and assess whats going wrong in your life, what your problems are etc, and as such could potentially be a very usefull tool, especially being nowhere near as volatile as, for example LSD, whilst somepeople have had profound bad trips where they feel guilty etc but I feel this stems from the introspective aspect of the drug, it really does offer a powerful and fairly harm free way to evaluate your life, but I would recommend users really make sure they take it with a "clear mind" and only take it if there are no underlying issues (unlike psychadelics were the problems may not show through the cracks unless chased) I would really recommend people who enjoy this drug contemplate taking AMT, it's a whole other world but, like I said there's no introspection so it's less "spiritual" or self discovery based and more of a novelty type drug with little thinking behind it, and a general rule is that bk-2c-b has half the potency of AMT, with SWIM and girlfriend taking double what they would take if they had taken AMT.
Hope this helps someone else, SWIM is going to nurse his headache and see how things are with his parents, who unfortunatly seem to know he was on something.

be careful with this stuff had a fit on it last weekend put me hospital nothing to bad just had to get checked out

This 'thing' of having to deal with bad trips most of the times I hear experiences like that makes me wonder why people still do it in that scale.
Every time someone reveals an experience it´s almost certain that bad trips worn them out for a great amount of time. Some relies on hospitals.
I´ve experienced it enough to really be aware of what may happen next. And today, I would choose a beer over any of these acids that are wilder each time. You never know what to expect and it´s very different from your friend who finds it cool.
Your trip is yours only. Same as life and its philosophical ways of experimenting mental possible future disorders.
Too risky in my opinion.

be careful with this stuff had a fit on it last weekend put me hospital nothing to bad just had to get checked out

How could you know it was the bk-2c-b? You seem to take so much other stuff it could've been anything, or down to a mix. It's bad to mix it with stimulants for example, or a benzo withdrawal.

even at 150mg i didnt get any visuals,dont know why.always used caps and acidic drinks ,energy is there ,colours are alot more vivid but no visuals.

how much did you take? And what happened?

just over 100mgs first my vision went blurry cross eyed then i blacked out had a fit and next thing i know is couldn't hear properly and the ambulance came to take me to hospital

i did not stop i ended up walking out without getting test results as i thought it a waste of their time and resources me being there

Is it possible that other drug use or withdrawal may have caused an interaction which was responsible for this foolsgold?

out is possible transform but it was the main drug i was using at the time i would warn not to mix it with noids but i can't see it being anything else but this i was clear enough of the benzo withdrawals so its all that i can really see as been what caused it all though its not my first fit this year or trip to hospital

Synthetic cannabinoids often present seizures and loss of consciousness in overdose situations.
Benzo WD often causes seizures and loss of consciousness due to the incredible effect it has on Blood pressure.

Adding in a drug with an MOA like BK-2CB whilst your blood pressure is massively fluctuating and then using large amounts of CB-affective substances, which also are infamous for their tendency to induce hypertension, is asking for trouble in the form of a seizure or a coronary event.

I tried a combination of 52mg βK-2C-B and 1mg DOC this past weekend. My plan was to write a full trip report but it was fairly uneventful so I will leave you with my notes and a brief epilogue:

10:21 AM

Ingest 1mg of DOC in solution and 52mg of βK-2C-B capped. I do some quick shopping before the drugs begin to take effect: some fruit and a meal replacement bar for mid-day snacking, a healthy dinner, some beer and junk food for late night snacking. I return home in under an hour.

11:21 AM

(+/-) Possible threshold effects. I begin to clean and perform some prep work for dinner with my headphones on.

11:31 AM

(+) Music appreciation is increased, there is a slight stimulation, and I find myself prone to smiling. There is a fuzziness in my head. I begin to sweat, but the temperature is objectively warm from the fireplace. I accidentally throw the recycling in the garbage dumpster. I don’t feel that bad about it.

12:40 PM

(++) Visual distortions have started to manifest with greater intensity than I would expect from either drug by itself at their relative low doses, but so far not necessarily more than I would have expected from the combination of the two. The world is blanketed in a sort of swirling, shimmery sparkle. If I concentrate, patterns begin to emerge. Music sounds deeper and layered with complexity. Is that echo an actual part of the song, or am I hearing things? My hands are shaking, but I don’t feel overly stimulated otherwise. My temperature seems to have levelled off, but I still feel a little warm. My forehead is covered with a light sheen of sweat.

I have just finished some cooking. The visuals and shaking make it difficult to maintain the focus necessary for cleaning up. I will open a beer to take the edge off and head outside.

2:02 PM

(++) I never made it outside and the beer didn't come until about an hour later. I was sidetracked in the kitchen by a bowl of fruit, then watched some TV with the wife. The intensity of the trip doesn’t seem to be increasing much, if at all. So far there is no insight to be had. The experience is pleasurable enough, but the two drugs seem almost in opposition to each other. The βK-2C-B is stimulating, but the DOC leaves me stretched out on the couch, fighting to keep my eyes open and focused. Fast-moving, moderately detailed fractals are easily observed with eyes closed, but otherwise the visuals are far from overwhelming.

11:31 PM

(+++) The addition of MXE brings it all together. The world is soup and I am a big, toasty marshmallow.

Epilogue

Shortly after the report at 2:02 PM, the intensity of the trip increased slightly. I may have reached a +++ at that time, but it's kind of hard to say since I was just lounging around the house with my wife. The combination of drugs produced visuals that were much soupier than I get from either chemical alone. There was no nausea, but the come up was a little rough physically. I would be hesitant to combine larger doses, and I do not see any compelling reason to do so. There is nothing to be had from the combination that couldn't be had with either drug in isolation. βK-2C-B seems to me to be a fine recreational psychedelic on its own, while DOC is complete and plentiful enough (owing to its potency and broad spectrum of effects) that if I were seeking a more profound experience I would simply take more. I suppose if one were attempting to "stretch" the comparatively expensive βK-2C-B a combination of something like 120mg βK-2C-B and 500ug DOC might be in order, but I'm not convinced doing so would yield the desired effects.

The trip was still going strong (at least as strong as it ever was) around 6:00 or 8:00 PM when I started adding MXE to the experience. I'm not sure if it was one drug or the other, or the combination of the two, or my growing dissociative tolerance, but this is probably the first time I have added MXE to a psychedelic without it overpowering the psychedelic. I was in an extremely euphoric and surprisingly lucid psychedelic state at around 10:00 PM, even after two 40mg sublingual doses of MXE. Physically I felt warm (in a good way, like being wrapped in the world's softest blankets) and very comfortable. I was dancing (horribly, robotically, drunkenly) in a state of bliss through the kitchen and living room.

Around the time of my last report, perhaps an hour later, my phone died and I turned to the internet for music and stumbled across this phenomenal live video of Nine Inch Nails from the 2013 Tension tour. I was really into the music and felt very immersed in the video. At this point the evening turned into a bit of a free for all and I took something like 5mg of 4-AcO-DMT, 80mg of MXM, and 60mg of MXE, then turned off the lights and curled up on the couch with my shitty little 13" laptop and some headphones. For the next hour and a half I was there, at the concert, bobbing my head, grinning ear-to-ear, quietly singing along. If I'd had a bigger screen and a quality sound system bumping the tunes it might have been better than the real thing. As the drugs began to fade away near the end of the show, I felt a little nostalgic for my teenage years and the friends I've lost touch with (we were huge NIN fans in high school). Surprisingly, I was able to sleep without chemical assistance by around 3:00 AM.

Despite not having had a particularly profound trip, I felt pretty emotionally laid bare the next day. Once or twice my eyes welled up with tears during a melancholy song. I have noticed that the afterglow from high doses of MXE does have this tendency to crack through my stoic facade on occasion

I should have a couple of doses of bk-2C-B soon, looking forward to giving it a try. I'll report back when I do.

Does this stuff take away anxiety in some way like e does? Heard it's pretty similar and would be great if it lowets inhibitions, i love rolling around festivalgrounds like i just don't give a fuck :)

Does this stuff take away anxiety in some way like e does? Heard it's pretty similar and would be great if it lowets inhibitions, i love rolling around festivalgrounds like i just don't give a fuck :)

Like all psychedelics, this has the ability to either lower inhibitions and have you rolling around like you just don't give a fuck, or turn you into a paranoid and delusional raving mess.

I should have a couple of doses of bk-2C-B soon, looking forward to giving it a try. I'll report back when I do.

I think you'll like it Xorky. I'm hoping to make you insanely jealous with a 2C-B-FLY report in the near future. ;)

Last edited:
Xorkoth Damn lookin forward to it. If I remember correctly you were on the DOC thread also and mabye even did a killer report, I very much enjoyed reading your writing and felt like your perception of the effects was similar to mine. Just found out about this one this morning so ill be readin reports all day at work lol.
sounds promising especially since I never got to try 2c-b it has been one of my most sought after chems. Gonna put in an order friday!

Tolerance grows far too quickly with this. :(
I can't recreate the magical experiences I had when I first started experimenting with it. Instead of using common sense and HR based knowledge, I instead opted for stupid dosages mixed with (the beloved) aMT.
Fighting the urge to add MXP into the already OTT cocktail.

I have tried it at 130mg and 165mg, not much to report on those dosages. It was nice and certainly present but just not really anything to write home about. I've got about 300mg left, I will probably try it at 200mg or so next time I decide to try it.

Whoops, spoke too soon.
Last dose is kicking in now!
Total: 370mg. Completely irresponsible and to any readers/lurkers: do not attempt this dosage. It is not safe.

Oddly, this is the only psych I've found to work better in the light rather than darkness!