• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im back on sub strips after a few months getting f'd up for my chronic pain.. need to get "sober", which according to my doc means nothing but the sub, which i also would like to taper off, before i can have another surgery.

I just wanted to say, if you are in a hurry to snort, one fast way is to put the sub (.5mg-2mg, more not rly necessary) into a spoon, add as warm of water as your sink will allow, about 1/2 of a CC, then use your finger to simply rub the sub against the bottom of the spoon til dissolved. Takes about 10 seconds. Then just snort the solution in the spoon, or filter if you want to. Perhaps you lose 10% on your finger, but you can just drop some water on it and snort of the finger any residual solution if you are concerned about losing any...

Also Captain H, glad to see you coming off the subs. Did you IV till the end? I remember you used to micron filter. Anyways, clonidine will go a long way if you have a doc or family member with blood pressure issues. I wouldnt start on kratom. Maybe a teeny bit of lope if you get bad shits and want a little relief, but I dont think you should try and relieve the withdrawal with other opiates, just ride it out.

Unfortunately for me when I have gotten clean my chronic pain drags me back down.. i have broken hardware in my pelvis and a malunion/nonunion. Sitting is extremely uncomfortable for me.. sux. Anyways i hope you do well man, been following you alot these past few yrs!

Capt I think you know the answer, and it's not an easy one, but you've fought hard to get to this point-- the point where you're finally completely off bupe and have to pay the piper, as they say. You say you have some good personal reasons motivating you to finally get off this stuff for good, just try to keep those at the forefront of your mind while you ride it out. Looking for H or getting drunk isn't the answer, and I know you know there isn't any other magic potion anyone here can tell you about that will fix this. It will get better little by little, day by day, but you're not gonna love life for a while.

Stick it out, you can get through this! A year from now you'll be SO glad to have all this shit behind you and the terrible feeling you have now will be but a distant memory.

ETA: as for blood pressure, if you have any chelated magnesium handy (who doesn't??) it may help, though not sure how high the dose has to be to see an immediate effect. I take 300-400mg/day to control my BP and it has been amazingly helpful.

I can actually still enjoy my life I am just physically aching hard and I think my endogenous endorphin production is starting to increase. It must have been at some all time low yesterday.

Even on metoprolol and hydroxyzine I feel how high my BP is. The cold and hot flashes stopped although I am wearing long sleeves and it's warm outside.

I guess accounting for rebound anxiety from having taken no more benzos, I can say this was easier than heroin withdrawal. It just can't be too much easier. I get why so many people relapse, I would just say to try roughing it out. If I can make it past a few more days I am sure anyone could.

When I went from 28 to 14mg, it was just the length that changed. Now I'm down to 10mg, and same thing, sort of. For the first two weeks of 14 -> 12mg, it was pretty painful, but then something clicked and it held me the entire 24 hours again. Same thing from 12 -> 10mg.

When it comes time (in a couple of months, hopefully) to jump off entirely, depending on how low my taper gets, if I find going from 4 -> 2mg is too painful, I'll just suck it up, go up north with my Dad, lock myself in my room in (literally) the middle of nowhere and suck it up for a few weeks.

Quick question, I've seen a number of people post about snorting it. I've not tried it (though I have IV'd it before, now that was really stupid. Only made that mistake once), and was curious as to how people do it. Above my post here a guy says he just sticks up the tiny thing there...

That literally made me cringe. You need to taper down way lower than that. I am under 2 mg a day and the withdrawal is still pretty horrific.

me too capt. the BP thing gets me. i cant stand the freezing and burning it causes. thats my number one cause of cravings. that and opiate jealousy.

i know exactly what ure going thru for the most part man. if we all werent so tempted by temptation so to speak... i would suggest using a small dose of a weak opiate. i was able to get thru my sub w/d once successfully like that.

like nothing more than maybe 10 mg hydrocodone at most. 100 mg tramadol etc... the more u start to feel the full agonists while u are waiting for the sub to leave, the less full agonists u take.

this can be a bitch tho... u have to know ahead of time u could handle it.

for me... i could probably handle it. i did once, but then relapsed months later. it would be much harder the stronger the opiate, like doing this with dope or morphine would be even more risky imo, with the classic opiate effects and especially if they were IV... an energizing opioid, orally taken, would work better.

other than that... how hard would it be to get clonidine? ive been trying to get some myself to stash away for when i w/d completely.

man if i was able to turn down a free .5 of dope today, u can get thru this man. u seem really smart capt. thats almost making it worse i bet. u need some sort of distraction thats pleasurable...

Yeah oh man I think I am smart enough I hope.

EDIT

BACK ON BUPE

I had to. It feels too good to avoid.

Something about that "oomph" yeah. To each his own but I want to be on bupe for life. Let's see how illogical my plans are as time goes on.

Last edited:
Seems like there's a lot of discussion going on here at the same time, I'd leave it but I'm afraid it's coming and I want to know something beforehand... I hope it's alright, I'm new, never tried any forums, so I'm finding it hard to navigate it...

I'm on the suboxone program.
It's a large dose, and I'll explain after how I'm aware there's very little explanation for it if anyone really wants it afterwards!

I forgot to renew my script, and my doctor isn't answering his after-hours number. I wouldn't call if it's just one day... but it's the weekend; about 3am, Saturday. So I've got potential issues.
I dosed Thursday, 24mg. I've come down from 32mg(!), not a big drop. Been on it 3 months after switching from Methadone after 2 years
So tomorrow will hit 48hrs at 5pm, I have a lot of people counting on me for something beforehand. Most people feel very much from 36-48hrs? What about after only 3-4 months on it?
I have to be active, very active in that space of time tomorrow... any chance I'll be operating reasonably well?

If it helps, when I switched from 50mg Methadone I was flushed, at 32mg, after just under 36hours from last dose, and I spent 4 hours of complete hell as I felt the 'done being knocked off the receptors, then a few lag days... enough in the system you think to get me to 48 hours alright?

Afterwards is easy... I'm going to hospital for symptoms if real bad mentally. The detox clinic is closed on weekends and I can't kick at home... get 'quite'(?) suicidal.

Yeah oh man I think I am smart enough I hope.

EDIT

BACK ON BUPE

I had to. It feels too good to avoid.

Something about that "oomph" yeah. To each his own but I want to be on bupe for life. Let's see how illogical my plans are as time goes on.

hey captain. I've been on subutex for 2 months now and my psychiatrist and I planned that I will need this medicine for the rest of my life.

I have noticed it is a great anti-depressant for me and gives me energy to actually do things. Before I was fed SSRI's for my depression/social anxiety but they did nothing. Subutex really helps, is there anything wrong using it indefinitely? I don't really see a problem.

If I can add my 2 cents, I had issues my whole life with depression, and on Maehadone it was no different. Now on bupe I feel a lot more stable, still with a natural anxiety I've always had, but back to the point before the depression set in. There are a couple of minor health issues I think, but nothing worse than the teeth, if you're dissolving it in your mouth. I don't know of anything severe... which doesn't mean there isn't I guess.

My only issue is that my senses are dimmed. I know I can't smell and perceive things around me in as much emotional clarity, and my creativity sort of drags along on the same level. I'm a writer, and I can't get to the same extremes I could before. But having said that, when I wasn't on it, at worst, which was often, I was so down I couldn't pick up a pen or turn on the computer. I couldn't focus enough to finish anything. To me it's a straight swap; a catch 22. I feel good, but I want to get off it; I'm missing out on life a bit. But only when I feel ready. My guess is most people get sick of it at some stage.

Oh why it's a straight swap/catch 22 is I can sit down and write all night without any ideas.

Seems like there's a lot of discussion going on here at the same time, I'd leave it but I'm afraid it's coming and I want to know something beforehand... I hope it's alright, I'm new, never tried any forums, so I'm finding it hard to navigate it...

I'm on the suboxone program.
It's a large dose, and I'll explain after how I'm aware there's very little explanation for it if anyone really wants it afterwards!

I forgot to renew my script, and my doctor isn't answering his after-hours number. I wouldn't call if it's just one day... but it's the weekend; about 3am, Saturday. So I've got potential issues.
I dosed Thursday, 24mg. I've come down from 32mg(!), not a big drop. Been on it 3 months after switching from Methadone after 2 years
So tomorrow will hit 48hrs at 5pm, I have a lot of people counting on me for something beforehand. Most people feel very much from 36-48hrs? What about after only 3-4 months on it?
I have to be active, very active in that space of time tomorrow... any chance I'll be operating reasonably well?

If it helps, when I switched from 50mg Methadone I was flushed, at 32mg, after just under 36hours from last dose, and I spent 4 hours of complete hell as I felt the 'done being knocked off the receptors, then a few lag days... enough in the system you think to get me to 48 hours alright?

Afterwards is easy... I'm going to hospital for symptoms if real bad mentally. The detox clinic is closed on weekends and I can't kick at home... get 'quite'(?) suicidal.

At that dose you should be fine at the 36 hour mark and starting to feel sick at the 48 hour mark. Try not to think about it and you should be alright.

Ive been down to 0.25 for a few days. I tried to jump off at that dose a a few days ago. It was worse than i was expecting, my stomach felt like it had a cat scratching around in it and also so exhausted as if id walked a thousand miles. I didnt last any longer than mid afternoon, before giving in. Its a lot harder to quit when you still have a few pills left. Maybe when i next try to quit i should flush any pills that i might have left. I'll have to go through with it then.

Although I'd imagine Kratom will probably help a bit, is it worth bothering with ? Wont it just be prolonging the misery by just holding off w/ds a bit longer ? Or could it allow a further gradual taper, as im reaching the stage now where i cant really cut my bupe pills any smaller than 0.25mg. I beleive Kratom works on exactly the same receptors as opiates ?

Hey i'm curious. I either snort or plug around 1mg of sub a day. If i want to taper off, can i continue snorting? I mean obviously i can.. but should i make the switch to SL administration? Also, when people talk about their sub dose, please include the ROA (route of administration) because 1mg IV is very different from 1mg sublingual..

Also to the previous poster, why can't you cut your dosage? Or spread it apart further.

i get 2mg pills, im allready cutting them into eight pieces. These pieces are fuckin tiny, and id jsut be left with dust if i tried to cut them further. I take them SL. Im not sure, but i suspect the effect lasts longer this way than insuffllating it.

I could spread the doses apart further, thats true.

I just remembered, remember a couple years back i tappered of the subs. I ended up putting them in capsules numberedsomething like 1-30. Started with 2mg chunks.. then 1mg.. then Imade a small pile that weighed contained about 1mg of sub and make smaller and smaller amounts to put into each capsule for the last 10 or so. Must have been doing around .1 at a time or less at the end. I would open the capsule and snort. Sometimes i iv'd. Was able to stop completely, but I believe i started doing H again a couple months later.

hey bruv.sub normaly cancels out the opiate unless its a high dose,but everyones different iv noticed from friends.i have can only get high if iv taken no sub that day...its a case of try and see,youl know after...

wow... i just got back from an argument with the idiot woman at the pharmacy counter at walgreens that brought me nearly to tears

fuck these IDIOTS who dont understand that naloxone has absolutely no effect on your opiate receptors over bupe.

she also argued with me that there are NO generics for either suboxone or subutex until one subutex one JUST came out this month. i quickly corrected her but she refused to listen, and laughed at me. like im just an idiot junkie there to get my script who thinks im gonna talk them ino giving me subutex or something...

i had only brought the subject up by saying that its rediculous that dr's wont prescribe subutex, after she had sympathized with the cost fo my suboxone and told me i can get a minimum of 14 to use the $50 off card each month.
She laughed and said OH NO, hahahaha. subutex is something different. people can get high off of that. <--wow....

so i sat there and explained to her that i know how the receptors work, and that bupe always beats out naloxone. She said, no, its still effective.... omg.

she said: "You need to quit listening to stuff u read on the internet." that threw me into a rage.

i said excuse me... do u know who Dr. Junig is? have u ever heard of the NAABT?? she kinda blushed and tried to tell me she knew who those were.... ya fucking right.

im tempted to go back up there with a nice stack of stuff for her to read. or get her ass fired for sending me into a panic attack and all out rage after i left.

i even told her that i used to get my subutex at this same walgreens from a different dr.... she acted like i was nuts and didnt even check it. stupid idiot.

can u guys believe this crap... :X i wanna go and just flip out on those people now. :!

Sorry to hear.

Even if they were completely different drugs, and you could get "High", that should be of no concern to her. Sounds like she was trying to be your Mom and not your pharmacist.

As far as the naloxone..

If it has no effect, then why do people report adverse effects?

(Im not saying it does anything but I do question its effects or lack thereof)

well she was saying that it has other medicinal properties... her words were: its there for somethign else. which i think she meant that after u take your sub u cant go get high... which we all know is form the bupe.

plus she thinks that the naloxone prevents people from getting high on the bupe... she certainly is wrong.

i believe that naloxone has almost no effects on the average person unless purposely dosed in effective ways.

thats different that a little bit of it causing side effects. but yeah i know what u mean Zerrr. i spit out my sub to avoid any furhter possible naloxone absorption.

only thing i think it may compete with, and i could be wrong on this one, is the Nor-bupe. and im not sure on that one. but maybe thats why the naloxone causes side effects for some folks who arent even on very high doses of bupe. idk. i think alot of side efffects come from the nor-bupe being antagonized by the bupe at higher doses...

Status
Not open for further replies.