• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Long time no posting about Buprenorphine, feel need to post and ask about some things.

So, I've been IV'ing subuxone for 3 - 4 months now, almost everyday. And im tired of searching veins and hiding marks and sick of the needle all in all, so im about to quit the IV habit.
Tomorrow, Im getting my monthly supply of the stuff. And the question Im curious about is, how will it affect the using if I switch to insufflating or plugging the stuff?
I mean, the IV duration after the everyday habit isnt as long as insufflating was before the needle. My daily dose is around 2mg approx, somedays 3mg.
So, I got my needles packed and throwing them away today.
How should I manage? I know the duration is longer when insufflated, but in what doses should I start to avoid the needle-habit? Any recommendations?

Hope for the quitting ppl.

Sincerely
Moe-d

Going from IV'ing to another ROA with a much lesser BA, theres a good chance your tolerance is going to be up and you're going to need a lot more bupe milligram for milligram until you get stabilized and can start weening down.

What dose were you IV'ing?

Good for you, throw those needles out now if you haven't already!

Mr. Scag, if the majority of people can easily drop down from between 6mg-12mg to half as much (or less) without any ill effects, why would the change of ROA make such a big difference? Just wondering, I understand that obviously IVing is 100% BA but bupe is one of those drugs that has a whole lot of gray area to work with for dosing. I've never IV'd it so don't know anything about how the physical effects differ. Is it because the sublingual/nasal BA of 3mg is getting low enough where it wears off noticeably sooner than 3+mg?

Good for you, throw those needles out now if you haven't already!

Mr. Scag, if the majority of people can easily drop down from between 6mg-12mg to half as much (or less) without any ill effects, why would the change of ROA make such a big difference? Just wondering, I understand that obviously IVing is 100% BA but bupe is one of those drugs that has a whole lot of gray area to work with for dosing. I've never IV'd it so don't know anything about how the physical effects differ. Is it because the sublingual/nasal BA of 3mg is getting low enough where it wears off noticeably sooner than 3+mg?

The ROA makes a difference because if you're IV'ing 2mg's for example, it is going to take a lot more than that taken with an ROA like sublingual. IV bupe doses should be sub milligram, but many people do way more than they should, leading to huge tolerance problems if they ever switch to another ROA with a significantly less BA.

URGENT PLEASE READ

Hi there. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I am currently prescribed suboxone 20mg a day (I only take 4mg).

I want to switch to something else besides the films and has a better quality. The two options I have found on the Subutex and Zubsolv.

Has anyone tried Zubsolv yet? I have heard that it is in pharmacies already. If I ask my doctor about it is there a chance he will prescribe it to me? I would love to get this instead of suboxone. Do doctors know about this medication? I want to be done with Reckitt Benckiser

Better yet, I'd love to get Subutex more than both of them but I am unsure if my doctor will say yes.

Please help me on what I should tell my doctor tomorrow and please post if anyone has any experience with getting zubsolv//subutex prescriptions. Thank you!!!

Is Zubsolv now available to be prescribed? It looks much more appealing to me than suboxone films

It looks nice, but I don't think it's meant to quit. It's designed for a maintenance program. So I guess it's great for that, but if you want off the train I don't think that's the fix.

Is Zubsolv now available to be prescribed? It looks much more appealing to me than suboxone films

I have been asking the same thing with no replies... walgreen's online showed the price compared to the others and it looked much cheaper! As far as quality..I'd love to hear!!!

My dose while IV'ing was 1mg when waking up, and another 1mg in the evening.
Or somedays I just slammed the whole 2mg in the morning and it carried me to the next day.
Now im sitting here sippin on coffee and staring 3mg pile of bupre chunks and I dont know how to take it, yet.

Ive been eating benzos lately, like eating them stupidly.. So I cant use them as a support to this ROA change -period.

URGENT PLEASE READ
Has anyone tried Zubsolv yet? I have heard that it is in pharmacies already. If I ask my doctor about it is there a chance he will prescribe it to me? I would love to get this instead of suboxone. Do doctors know about this medication? I want to be done with Reckitt Benckiser

There's no way to predict if your doctor is willing to script the Zubsolv, but I can't think of any reason not to bring it up and discuss all available options. I've heard of a lot of sub docs that are dead set against scripting subutex (reasoning is always bullshit IMO). Emphasizing the financial aspects may help your case.

Interested to hear experiences with Zubsolv also.

My dose while IV'ing was 1mg when waking up, and another 1mg in the evening.
Or somedays I just slammed the whole 2mg in the morning and it carried me to the next day.
Now im sitting here sippin on coffee and staring 3mg pile of bupre chunks and I dont know how to take it, yet.

Ive been eating benzos lately, like eating them stupidly.. So I cant use them as a support to this ROA change -period.
I've went back and fourth from iving, 2-4md a day for months and then going to snorting easily, in fact I threw out my needles yesterday too.. And will snort 1mg in a couple hours

GREAT FUCKING NEWS!!!

I just had my doctor appointment, and talked about Subutex because I was getting headaches and nausea from Suboxone. He told me that he gave it out before but some of his patients had complaints from it because they say it appeared to be weaker, sometimes by 20%. He didn't really recommend it, but he had no problem writing me a Subutex script to see if it works better for me than Suboxone! He also mentioned it is much cheaper too! And if Subutex does not he will prescribe me Zubsolv! He is an amazing ethical doctor and doesn't care about supporting the greedy company Reckitt Benckiser!

I am so happy!!! I am about to pick up my subutex script soon and can't wait to see the difference!

After this doctor appointment I could really tell that he cares about my well-being.

Doctors so against Subutex is BS! Those are the doctors that are tried into the marketing scheme from Reckitt Benckiser. I wish you all who are having difficulties making a switch from Suboxone to Subutex find a better doctor! Also ask your doctor about Zubsolv (which seems much more appealing than Suboxone).

It looks nice, but I don't think it's meant to quit. It's designed for a maintenance program. So I guess it's great for that, but if you want off the train I don't think that's the fix.

I am staying on buprenorphine indefinitely as it helps my depression immensely

Last edited by a moderator:
Sublime that's great to hear!! It's disheartening to see story after story of people who are between jobs or without insurance temporarily who bring up subutex to their doctor and are quickly shot down or flagged as someone seeking to abuse the meds.

On the subject of awesome sub doctors, last week my doctor was telling me about his craziest mushroom trip-- in Vegas, on shrooms, pulled over by a cop... just one of his many relatable anecdotes. They don't consider testing positive for pot dirty either . I don't smoke but I asked about it- he scoffed and said if they worried about pot he wouldn't have any clients left, and that I was one of the few patients who doesn't smoke. For relapses you're not punished so long as you're honest about it up front and not caught otherwise. If you're sneaky, you're "punished" with a weekly group meeting.

Drs are against it cuz it's easier to abuse

Huh, I had the impression doctors are against it because they don't get paid on generics, and hide behind the facade of naloxone though it's been proven largely inactive (discussed ad nauseum in previous mega threads).

Drs are against it cuz it's easier to abuse
Ya like ellua said that isn't true. I am unsure if doctors get paid at all though for whichever they choose to prescribe, I think RB representatives just scare some of the doctors by misinforming them. They also may say that if they prescribe anything else besides their product they'll get in trouble, which is complete BS. I never IVed a drug but people can IV suboxone and still get effects. The naloxone does nothing.. It is a useless ingredient. I would just like to get Subutex instead because it is bothersome why I need to take it. Plus I do not like reckitt benckiser lol. I think Zubsolv, although that has naloxone in their formula too, is a much better alternative than Suboxone. Have heard that is cheaper too.

Plus has higher bioavailability, is smaller, and dissolves quicker.
5.7mg zubsolv is supposed to equal 8mg sub I think

Sublime that's great to hear!! It's disheartening to see story after story of people who are between jobs or without insurance temporarily who bring up subutex to their doctor and are quickly shot down or flagged as someone seeking to abuse the meds.

On the subject of awesome sub doctors, last week my doctor was telling me about his craziest mushroom trip-- in Vegas, on shrooms, pulled over by a cop... just one of his many relatable anecdotes. They don't consider testing positive for pot dirty either . I don't smoke but I asked about it- he scoffed and said if they worried about pot he wouldn't have any clients left, and that I was one of the few patients who doesn't smoke. For relapses you're not punished so long as you're honest about it up front and not caught otherwise. If you're sneaky, you're "punished" with a weekly group meeting.

Thanks ellua! I was worried before going to my appointment what he would say, and I was so happy to hear that he didn't mind if I wanted to try Subutex! I agree, it is ridiculous that some doctors shoot down Subutex like it is some sort of horrible narcotic when it is the EXACT SAME THING WITHOUT THE USELESS INGREDIENT! I have insurance, but my co-pay is going to be like 70-90 percent cheaper I am guessing when I fill my script.

And that's awesome your doctor is drug-friendly, sounds like he had an Fear-and-Loathing like episode :p. My doc just told me to fill a drug screening sometime this week but I am not worried and I don't think he cares too much either. I don't smoke marijuana either, I used to but now it makes me paranoid and it ain't as good as it once was for me.

I am not planning to relapse at all, buprenorphine has taken all my cravings away and keeps me in a great mood :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, new to this site, did some research and couldn't find any info on the question I'm going to ask..I've been using 32mg of suboxone for the last week, stopped taking them for 4 days now and on the 2nd and 3rd day I used 4 bags of heroin, 2 at a time each time, IV, I kind of felt them but nothing much..my question is when should I continue my suboxone? Its been 24hours since I last IVed the 2 bags of heroin, I feel kind of crappy but not bad at all..please any info would be great. Thank you.

That's what my Dr said and I know it not true....

In reality though it is easier to snort and shoot tex

You're prob good to go, but the safe answer is after at least 24 hours+ withdrawal symptoms.

NZ weather is quite nice atm, nice to feel it without the sub neutralizing me..

Last edited:
Its been 36hrs now and I still don't feel that bad, I'm usually a 12-16hr person when I take subs but I don't know what is going on now...maybe the subs were dominent in my system and I can just continue taking them? Its over 36hrs and that's a long time

Doug, I have no idea what your habit is/was like and what your intentions for the future are, but if you're still feeling fine by this point I say stay away from the sub altogether if you can and see what happens. If you have no w/ds and plan to keep using dope why take something that just fucks your tolerance and leads to dependance?

If you're trying to stay clean though and are fighting the cravings, definitely get back on. I don't think you need anywhere near 32mg/day- maybe start at 4mg and increase as necessary? JMO... Is your intention to continue chipping or are you actively trying to get clean?

the stupid zubsolv and other new generics are more expensive than my normal sub films at my pharm... such crap.

whats REALLY stupid, is that dr's arent letting patients use the generic subutex, which is less than half the price of the films. so so stupid. makes me really mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.