• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread goes in stages, chri. Currently the thread's focused on taper as a lot of taper have been tapering. I'm not very knowledgable re suboxone apart from my personal experience of it - but most questions that I've asked within the last week have been answered.
The thread has been extremely busy as late so maybe people have missed your question?

Tommy - that doesn't seem nice having pain in the gut sorry you had to endure that. I'm glad I've only had to worry about stiffness.

Evey :)

Just thinking back to how a foot injury and one 5mg vicodin started this. That's something.

Makes me question why they even exist.

I was at work and a customer came in and I asked how he was doing. Older guy late 50's. Been a customer for many years. He goes on to say he's been taking norco for 10 plus years.

Shit, that shows how wide spread this is. If a random customer that I've known for years says that. He also said he's only taking 10 a day. I kinda don't believe that after 10 years.

Just thinking back to how a foot injury and one 5mg vicodin started this. That's something.

Makes me question why they even exist.

I was at work and a customer came in and I asked how he was doing. Older guy late 50's. Been a customer for many years. He goes on to say he's been taking norco for 10 plus years.

Shit, that shows how wide spread this is. If a random customer that I've known for years says that. He also said he's only taking 10 a day. I kinda don't believe that after 10 years.

Pay it forward and bring it up (nonchalantely) that ya' heard on the radio how the acetaminophin, thats in norco can turn your liver into mincemeat...

To all moderators, after reading this thread the past week, I think this Suboxone mega-thread has almost entirely turned into 'Suboxone taper thread', and other people with more general or other questions about Suboxone in general, are finding their questions over-looked, including myself. Maybe it's time to have a seperate thread, one for questions, one for tapering down. Just a thought.

MODs, please delete prior post, it was supposed to contain the quote that this one has, but for some reason did not.

I sort of agree, but as I see it, the thread has mostly turned into a recovery support thread for people on Suboxone or trying to get off it. Making a thread specifically for that purpose in Redovery Support would make sense and be a more appropriate place for many of the posts going in here. People
posing legitimate questions regarding Suboxone (which are specifically suppose to be directed to this thread, not posted in a new thread, and often merged into here if they are) are being buried by the frequent posts about how someone's taper is going or why they think Suboxone has saved their lives.

RTrain this is why several times I've suggested certain membered to check out tbe dark side (TDS) as the section is suited to more recovery n would be more suited to them. To be honest I have asked a question several times re suboxone n drinking christmas Day as I'm expected to do this. Im taking 12 mg daily n was wondering if it would be ok to go to 8mg for that day.

On the other hand I wouldn't want to offend people who are on this thread n give the impression that they are not wanted here (I 've been there n it's not nice) so if someone ask for support I offer it to them n just politely inform them of places more suitedloke TDS.

Thinking about it, it may be best in some cases. For instances, I can't imagine it's easy for someone trying to get off suboxone hearing talk about people ON suboxone so yes it may be best people are directed to TDS.

However this is just an opinion based on other posts I'm not trying to offend anyone here or drive anyone away.

Take care,
Evey :)

Questions help

I'm new too, trying to find my way here. Has anyone used fentlyn patch or methadone pills to assit with oxycodone short release 60 mg per day for wd? Which one, how did it help? Not sure how much or how it works, any advice is appreciated. I'm unable to start my own question so I have to bump into comments so I can get help. I am talking short term use 4-5 days max. I know the dangers of both but what helped you the most. Tried ct and not happening, please understand. The doc uses tramaodol to wean, not sure if that would help either. Any good advise. I'm trying to avoid wd for the most part.

this thread is getting a little whacky, no? not off subject at all? ha.

anyway, to those who are on bupe and lowered the dosage but still have the script for higher dosage, how nice it is when you wake up and just randomly decide to maybe take double the dosage? made my way down to 8MG but woke up a lil groggy and chewed down 16MG for the fun of it; actually feeling pretty good right now.

yay for subox.

You guys talking bout me? I followed this thread while I was on oxy to the start of sub all the way to the end of sub and the jump, my whole history is right in here. Just a little longer and poof my posts about tapering and jumping will be gone. However I need it to stay in one place so I can go back and read from start to finish if I ever feel the need to do them opiates again. This is a support thing and a tool for deterring me at a later time if needed. ok , kay, and if anybody ever want's to follow the taper I did it's all right here. I listed it exactly as it happened.So lets just say I've documented my whole adventure in this thread. You can't expect me to go start some where else when I only have a few days left to tell my story???So if you guys don't mind I'll get back to it...

so woke up fresh and feeling good, jumped 3 days ago. I have a long freekin day, so I hope this good feeling stays with me. I don't know if it's the calm before the storm, or if the way the rehab tapered me and then me tapering even further made a difference.

I should notice something by now, right? just was really tired yesterday. However, I haven't eaten or taken anything and I feel full of energy.

Really feeling amazing today, just have no way to explain why.

no, I'm not talking about you. talking about others who ask random questions about other drugs.

but how long where you on your bupe for? sure, I could read over all the posts but I am way too lazy and at work. how did your routine go? what did you start at? what did you end at? where were you inbetween? did you take anything else w/ the bupe? let me know the story because I am tapering myself now and looking for the best/easiest way out, but in NO RUSH since my script cost next to nothing and I have no worries. still scripted for 16MG/day but I am taking 8MG now; once in a while ill juice it back up for fun but nothing too crazy.

Well first thanks for your positive words and for calling me names. We definitely need someone like you building confidence in someone like me. So thanks again.Oh yes I am very aware of that. I just went through a rehab that educates you pretty good on that. Not to mention the million questions I've had here in the very thread over the past month. The quote you quoted. 36 hours since .125 would leave how much in a system? Practically nothing. or a .06 which is absolutely nothing at all.
I said you 'sound' very ignorant/naive, and said 'no offense' before that, not exactly name calling...
This isn't a TDS thread, so I shouldn't have to worry about YOUR confidence or anybodies really, but I am very emphathetic towards this subject, as I am myself tapering down off a roughly 5 year suboxone habit, roughly 4-8mg per day, also insufflated, not sublingually.
You should really read about the chemical buprenorphine, it is a very potent opioid and .06 is NOT nothing. Haven't you heard of temgesic? Doctors writing it out in really small doses for pain? You should really.

ZMAC68, you should really learn how to spell the correct names of the drugs you are doing/talking about, that is if you want an accurate answer, a lot of people will read that and automatically think your some noob and skip over it, maybe Basic Drug Discussion is better for you idk. BTW, it is fentanyl.

no, I'm not talking about you. talking about others who ask random questions about other drugs.

but how long where you on your bupe for? sure, I could read over all the posts but I am way too lazy and at work. how did your routine go? what did you start at? what did you end at? where were you inbetween? did you take anything else w/ the bupe? let me know the story because I am tapering myself now and looking for the best/easiest way out, but in NO RUSH since my script cost next to nothing and I have no worries. still scripted for 16MG/day but I am taking 8MG now; once in a while ill juice it back up for fun but nothing too crazy.

Hey Boston, lets put the silliness behind us huh? Ok then. I was referring to the people saying this thread is turning into a sub taper thread. Not you.

I started on bupe at 16mg in the outpatient rehab. then every 3 days they took 2 mg away. all the way down to 1mg and thats where they wanted to stop me. Luckily I had some sub of my own and furthered the taper all the way to .125

sublingually is best I feel; for myself, at least. last thing I want is sniffing or shooting; just to remind me of the past.

crazy to think so many out there sniff/shoot there bupe to help get off the dope.

.06 of bupe is really next to nothing; you can read all you want but lets face reality here and realize we are all ex-junkies. maybe if given to a person who has NEVER TAKEN a drug before or to a small child, but to a past user what is .06 going to do? help w/ the WD a small bit? if so, I'm cool w/ that. but even then its a waste. how are you guys even measuring these out to such small dosage? must be good w/ the pill cutter or have a good eye when crushing.

Well first thanks for your positive words and for calling me names. We definitely need someone like you building confidence in someone like me. So thanks again.Oh yes I am very aware of that. I just went through a rehab that educates you pretty good on that. Not to mention the million questions I've had here in the very thread over the past month. The quote you quoted. 36 hours since .125 would leave how much in a system? Practically nothing. or a .06 which is absolutely nothing at all.

I said you 'sound' very ignorant/naive, and said 'no offense' before that, not exactly name calling...
This isn't a TDS thread, so I shouldn't have to worry about YOUR confidence or anybodies really, but I am very emphathetic towards this subject, as I am myself tapering down off a roughly 5 year suboxone habit, roughly 4-8mg per day, also insufflated, not sublingually.
You should really read about the chemical buprenorphine, it is a very potent opioid and .06 is NOT nothing. Haven't you heard of temgesic? Doctors writing it out in really small doses for pain? You should really.

Again with the names? It's ok I forgive you. I hope the best for you I really do. I realize that I make you feel frustrated in all. But I will pray for you.

Good luck!

Hey I also fixed the post for you so now it looks nice and neat.

sublingually is best I feel; for myself, at least. last thing I want is sniffing or shooting; just to remind me of the past.

crazy to think so many out there sniff/shoot there bupe to help get off the dope.

.06 of bupe is really next to nothing; you can read all you want but lets face reality here and realize we are all ex-junkies. maybe if given to a person who has NEVER TAKEN a drug before or to a small child, but to a past user what is .06 going to do? help w/ the WD a small bit? if so, I'm cool w/ that. but even then its a waste. how are you guys even measuring these out to such small dosage? must be good w/ the pill cutter or have a good eye when crushing.

3 days ago I took .125 the day before that was .3. So according to the chart the amount of sub in me is undetectable. It's in the microscopic levels. Some people want to say I have a shitload left in me, but I was dosing so low for that week before I stopped, it's almost nothing now.

Hey Boston, lets put the silliness behind us huh? Ok then. I was referring to the people saying this thread is turning into a sub taper thread. Not you.

I started on bupe at 16mg in the outpatient rehab. then every 3 days they took 2 mg away. all the way down to 1mg and thats where they wanted to stop me. Luckily I had some sub of my own and furthered the taper all the way to .125

past is past but lets keep it there and be professional, on here or not.

so you tapered that fast, huh? how long was it? roughly a month or so? how are you measuring out .125? pill form? how did the taper work? I am far past that stage and already been on for 4 months so that taper wouldnt work out too well for me but I am in no rush to get off the bupe.

The thing I think is funny about the whole Suboxone thing:

At one of the Suboxone places I was going to, a lot of the people there were there for pills, and they weren't even really on the pills for that long or doing that much. A lot of them had never even kicked a habit before or even experienced full-blown WDs. It's like they got caught by their doctor's taking too many, or got referred by a counselor to Suboxone treatment. A lot of these people were normal working moms who weren't ever even really involved with the whole "druggie lifestyle" at all...

So here they are on Suboxone now, taking it as prescribed....Then they decide they want to taper off. Everything's going fine with the taper. Now, most of the doctors out there's taper schedule is pretty much just drop down to 2mgs and then just stop one day! The doctor tells you, "You'll just be kind of tired and irritable for a few weeks, but that's about it"....

Now you have these people with full-time jobs who have never even really been dopesick before stopping at 2mgs and thinking they'll be able to just continue on with going to work and taking the kids to their after-school activities like it's no big deal! You're gonna tell me that going through the hell of jumping of suboxone at 2mgs is a better option than just kicking the 60mgs of hydrocodone straight up?

And here we've been on BL, knowing for years that the sub 2mg doses are where it really gets tough....How the hell is it that all these people that went through 10+ years of medical school haven't been able to figure this out? It's mind-boggling to me!

I've only kicked Suboxone once ever, in 8 years of having a legit prescription...I jumped off at 2, and I didn't sleep for 11 days....but despite how shitty I felt, I could feel my senses coming back stronger than they had been in years! I was looking at women and actually getting turned on! I could smell the grass and feel the wind and the rays of sunlight. I started to remember things from my childhood that I hadn't thought about in years. The world seemed like such a big place again with unlimited possibilities!

Maintenance can be a great tool, but nobody should sell themselves short and think, "I need to be on opiates forever and that's it!"...

You guys are really making me want to get off it again...Just 6 weeks of heroin last winter and hear I am again, scared to death to go through the withdrawals, afraid I won't be able to make it....but sooner or later that horrible feeling does subside and that sick anxiety in your chest goes away...It seems like a long time while it's happening, but in the general scheme of things, a few weeks isn't that long. It's not worth staying on the shit forever just to avoid it.

Where is the incentive for them to figure it out? They still get paid, right? Also, they are not going to get sued for putting someone though unnecessarily difficult w/d. In their minds they are "giving you your life back" or "releasing you from the stranglehold of addiction". Even if its the mother of 3 who got caught up taking 40 mg of ocycodone a day for several months and now is sick without them.

3 days ago I took .125 the day before that was .3. So according to the chart the amount of sub in me is undetectable. It's in the microscopic levels. Some people want to say I have a shitload left in me, but I was dosing so low for that week before I stopped, it's almost nothing now.

You used sub exactly the way it was intended to be used.. A short, fast, low dose taper.
I can't believe you were called "naïve".
Sounds quite educated on sub to me.
Day four can be tiring...the leadsuit shit...but it's totally doable...
Onward and upward!

Had a little medical procedure the other day,
2mg suboxone daily (snorted generally).
24 hours, little effects from 80mg hydro.
Just got to about 40 hours, took another 60mg. got about 160mg left. Hope i get something off this 60.. normally WD start day 2 or 3 for me so i realize i'm not getting full effects as the sub is still there.

Is is true that the plasma half life is short (6 hours or so), but the 36 hour half life is because the sub stays attatched so long to recepters? Or was that naltrexone.. or both.

Anyways. Dunno if i should try and use the hydros to taper off..
Parents tried to take me to rehab on my birthday. I'm actually doing better than ever for my sobriety, and a 90 day program was the last thing i would do. So far from any 'rock bottom..

It really sucks when a therapist brainwashes your overly crazy and worried mom. All because I never pass my UA's (i keep smoking pot) although no other drugs are ever found. Retarded imo.

dont ever say you are far from rock bottom, because it comes quick, trust me. but if you are truly doing the best you've done in a while, good for you.. but realize the best YOUVE done in a while is still NOT what people consider the NORM. by no means do I live the by the NORM but you gotta play it safe. you seem/sound younger than I am (31 here) and I wasted A LOT of my 20's blowing thousands and thousands of dollars I should have on dope and other drugs. I'd kill to get all that back and then some. the ONLY WAY TO QUIT is if YOU WANT TO QUIT. some say they do it for others, but the reality is that if YOU DONT WANT TO or SEE THE NEED TO, then you will NOT STAY CLEAN/AWAY from the monster itself.

btw- I see so many people on here talk about taking 2MG sub and waiting 24hrs and take their opiate of choice and not feel, or maybe not hit as hard. I really never had that problem. my final six months of disaster I did a lot of switching back and forth between bupe and dope; depending on money, time of day, etc. I'd take 2MG bupe at 7AM and by 5PM I'd shoot a gram of dope and feel great. who knows, maybe it was all in my head and it was being fooled, but it never seemed to hold off the high, but it did help w/ the withdrawals.

Had a little medical procedure the other day,
2mg suboxone daily (snorted generally).
24 hours, little effects from 80mg hydro.
Just got to about 40 hours, took another 60mg. got about 160mg left. Hope i get something off this 60.. normally WD start day 2 or 3 for me so i realize i'm not getting full effects as the sub is still there.

Is is true that the plasma half life is short (6 hours or so), but the 36 hour half life is because the sub stays attatched so long to recepters? Or was that naltrexone.. or both.

Anyways. Dunno if i should try and use the hydros to taper off..
Parents tried to take me to rehab on my birthday. I'm actually doing better than ever for my sobriety, and a 90 day program was the last thing i would do. So far from any 'rock bottom..

It really sucks when a therapist brainwashes your overly crazy and worried mom. All because I never pass my UA's (i keep smoking pot) although no other drugs are ever found. Retarded imo.

Is it your therapist or your mom's who is brainwashing her? I'd find it odd if its your's, because that shit is between you 2, no one else should be involved, at least not at your age (profile says 23 if that is true).

You used sub exactly the way it was intended to be used.. A short, fast, low dose taper.
I can't believe you were called "naïve".
Sounds quite educated on sub to me.
Day four can be tiring...the leadsuit shit...but it's totally doable...
Onward and upward!

Exactly the way is was meant to be used? Lets just say its one of the ways the medication can be used to help with opiate addiction. It is the quickest way to get clean of opiates...for the time being. But things needs to be looked at in the big picture. You have to ask, is this the best strategy to not only get clean but to stay clean?

Its suppose really a matter of a bevy of factor: habit, mental fortitude, personal life, preference, etc. There are plenty of people who will disagree that is the best way to use it. Many doctors and addiction specialists will argue using it in that manner results in relapse more often than other methods. For addicts who have cold turkeyed many times only to eventually relapse, using suboxone in that way is absolutely no better for their long term success. And unless you have a huge habit or you have tried cold turkeying 2+ times with no luck or an eventual relapse, then I don't understand why you would be resorting to suboxone already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.