• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
the stupid zubsolv and other new generics are more expensive than my normal sub films at my pharm... such crap.

whats REALLY stupid, is that dr's arent letting patients use the generic subutex, which is less than half the price of the films. so so stupid. makes me really mad.

Yeah, because the makers of suboxone (Reckitt Benckiser) have deals with doctors to only prescribe their shit. They don't make any money if dr's start writing scripts for generics that are manufactured by other pharmaceutical companies.

It's all about money at the end of the day.

Screw RB. There are a handful of drs that don't care about supporting them though.

Okay guys, I got about 10 8 mg subutext left and I need to wean and then detox, it's to much money, I'll be going to maui and live with my mom so she can help me.... 80mg subs?

Any taper ideas?

^well what is your habit? You can get off doing most habits with 10 8mg Subs, but the heavier the habit the more painful it will be and longer you may want to drag the taper out to reduce the cravings and PAWS when you stop. Also the quicker you plan the taper the more difficult the task, but there are people who will just wait 24 hours, pop 1 8mg Sub and deal with the rest as it comes. I can't say I have tried that, but it theoretically has some sense to it, though it will be more painful than a 4 week taper, but get you clean quicker.

Okay guys, I got about 10 8 mg subutext left and I need to wean and then detox, it's to much money, I'll be going to maui and live with my mom so she can help me.... 80mg subs?

Any taper ideas?

curious to why it s too much $ if it is generic subutex. is it cheap w/o insurance?

Greetings! I have never posted- hope this is the correct format! I have read through this entire SUB megathread but still have a few questions, which will probably turn into a few more. :)
I am a twenty something female eight months off a seven year run with opiates/oids- as DOC- but I was just as familiar with everything else under the sun as well as the overall un-healthiness of addiction. These past eight months I have been on a SUB maintenance program. Two times everyday I dose 8mg sub strips sublingual. Here is where my question lies:
For those individuals who have made the switch from the Suboxone strips to Subutex, was the change worth it? Does Subutex have less of the undesirable side effects? I have my reasoning for wanting to switch but I wonder why others wanted too. I also know that I am on a rather hefty amount- I was curious if Subutex is easier or the same in regards to the ease of tapering. One question I have been dying to ask is if the Subutex will be somewhat euphoric? Subs= Energy for me but...
I have really enjoy reading all of your posts and have learned an immense amount about this drug.
How awesome to finally find some truths about Subs! The Drs sure dont share them!!
Thanks!

Suboxone and Subutex are the same thing.. the only difference is that suboxone contains naloxone, but since it has a lower binding affinity than buprenorphine, it is effectively inactive and useless.

You're not going to get anything more out of being on subutex than you get out of being on suboxone.

^^ Well, I rather take Subutex than Suboxone. I find it annoying that I'd need to consume something that I don't even need too. I do know that naloxone does nothing at all since buprenorphine has such a higher binding affinity however I'd rather not take it at all. Plus I do not want to support RB. I do not like their greedy company.

Plus, naloxone degrades into impurities over time. Subutex has a longer shelf-life than Suboxone, and if I ever am in an emergency I will be able to take Subutex since there is no naloxone.

I still haven't filled my script yet but when I do I will see if there is a difference.

Thank you both for the replies and info.
I knew of the difference in chemical composition between the Subutex and Suboxone- the naloxone. And I do remember reading about what you both mentioned with naloxone having no affect due to binding affinity.
I am having a difficult time with that damn naloxone. I have searched my little heart out trying to find proof that naloxone has no effect- and I haven't found any. I have a very hard time believing that naloxone has no effect.

I do not have an issue with being on Bupe maintenance- but if Subutex could be more euphoric then I would love to switch. I do want a more euphoric experience with Bupe. The Tex seems so much more pure! Also I wonder if the side effects I experience are from the Bupe or Naloxone..
I apologize if my questions are completely stupid- especially to those of you have more knowledge of these drugs. I am also sorry if I am just being downright annoying with these questions. I guess I just feel the need to talk about it with someone who I know will be honest. It is so difficult finding truths when propaganda works so well!
Thanks again.

i know that it does not make sense, but for me and for others i know, subutex does produce some euphoria and kind of messes me up a little bit, while suboxone just minimizes/erases withdrawal symptoms and makes me feel normal. i know that w/ buprenorphine's stronger binding affinity, it outcompetes the naloxone for the receptors, thereby rendering the naloxone inert, and thus, suboxone and subutex should produce the same effect. BUT, for whatever reason, this is not the case for me or for a number of other people i know.

^well what is your habit? You can get off doing most habits with 10 8mg Subs, but the heavier the habit the more painful it will be and longer you may want to drag the taper out to reduce the cravings and PAWS when you stop. Also the quicker you plan the taper the more difficult the task, but there are people who will just wait 24 hours, pop 1 8mg Sub and deal with the rest as it comes. I can't say I have tried that, but it theoretically has some sense to it, though it will be more painful than a 4 week taper, but get you clean quicker.

ive been on about 4 mg a day for 9 months/4 months of it was IV....

curious to why it s too much $ if it is generic subutex. is it cheap w/o insurance?

200 bucks for the Dr. to Even call it in...then the script itself costs 140 bucks for 30 pills....340 bucks a month is just to much..

just so people know... you can SPIT OUT the juice from the suboxone films/tabs or any generic after its had its time to absorb. u could even spit out subutex if u wanted to, tho there isnt any naloxone... it could still help avoid side effects.

i used to have issues with suboxone feeling different than subutex . but now i always spit out the juice/saliva after its had time.

my previous sub DR is the one who suggested it. he says it helps a few different things, such as constipation and headaches. he was smart, he let me get subutex after my first UA for bupe. obviously a DR that knew more than most these days about bupe.

my current sub Dr wont let me get subutex, he says thats a different medication used for something else(like most these days). HAHA! how dumb... hope he was just lying and actually knows its not different at all really. ugh!!

I have a question about the method of spitting out after letting the suboxone dissolve.
I usually brush my teeth, lay down, and place the tab under my tongue. It will take about twenty minutes to completely dissolve and that entire time i do my best to keep all my saliva away from the tab, swallowing any the moment I feel it. I have heard of people saying to not swallow the entire time and then spit out after a period of time.
How can one sit with all that saliva for twenty or thirty minutes?!? I have tried and I get so much saliva it isn't possible! Whenever I try it, it gets all mixed up with the saliva and the medicine NEVER absorbs!
So to all of the people who do it this way: how do you keep the saliva from kidnapping the suboxone, also, how long do you do this and when do you spit out? One last thing, when you do this, do you notice the medicine being any less or more effective?
Thank you very much for your answers and time!
Thanks

I would try not to swallow any of the saliva, at any point.

The sub/saliva u accumulate under your tongue is an unfortunate issue with the sublingual roa. I fan the Subliva w/my tongue while its being absorbed(move up and down + hold it a different levels). I find swabbing my tongue with a vodka soaked q-tip helps limit the puddle a bit. Also, might help w/the BA.

Last edited:
Scarlet - IF the naloxone is truly interfering with the buzz you're seeking, any difference from switching to subutex would still be minimal and short-lived. If you want to feel more, take less than 16mg/day, to start with. I'm sure you've realized by now taking any more than that doesn't feel any better, and if you keep that dose up you'll be hard pressed to feel anything from sub (or anything else) for a long time.

One advantage I will say for subutex is that it's a pill, so I always put my pill in an index card which I've folded in half, and take the nearest heavy object and give it a quick whack to break it up, then funnel under my tongue. It absorbs a lot more quickly that way, or at least more efficiently, without drooling all over the place.

Last edited:
Okay so I stopped iving about 4mv a day, three days ago and now just snorting 2mg,, and am Def starting to feel sick

well in my case if i got presribed 4 a day i would end up having to pay double the price ....

How many days should someone wait on 4mg daily to feel full effects of a full agonist?

Thank you for the input!!
It is so hard to find info on the web or through doctors and I was right in assuming you great people on here could help me out. I definitely am looking for a bit "more" out of my Subs but I also was worried about the long term effects of naloxone. After reading some of the answers to my questions I need to realize I am getting what there is to get out of this medication.
Ellua: After reading your post I am taking a little break from the Subs and I will be trying a lower dose to see if that works. Thank you.
My doctor has been very generous and will be writing a script for the generic sub pills so I will have a chance to try it your way!! As you said, mayb then I won't feel like a St Bernard at Thanksgiving.
Now I'm just blabbing but I appreciate everyone's input. I don't have anyone in my life besides my doctor that I can talk to about these things and it helps to just talk even if its silly. I also probably need to stop looking for that buzz as thats what got me into this mess in the first place.
Thank you all!
Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.