• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 38 and I look 30 ish. I get carded for lottery tickets. lol

I haven't been on opiates very long only 2.5 yrs but I did crystal meth for a good while. while people think it ages you it did the opposite for me. I just had some dental problems. Lost 2 back teeth after a decade of meth. Now I have some bad ass implants that can crush a freekin can. I so glad for those guys.

I believe it's gotta have something to do with your genes.
---------------------------------------------
I only took very little sub .35 ish and I was ok today. The hardest part was from 2mg to 1 mg. so far. No issues anymore. I'm sure I can't have very much bupe in me now.

today .35 yesterday .5 day before 1 mg before that 1mg and 1mg prior to that I must be under 1 mg or close to it. Hard to keep track of the half lifes.

Your at .35 today! Fanfuckentastic!
I'm so excited for you. I really hope you can just step off...I've seen it a few times before with short low dose tapers. I'm hoping it's going to be easy for you.

Your at .35 today! Fanfuckentastic!
I'm so excited for you. I really hope you can just step off...I've seen it a few times before with short low dose tapers. I'm hoping it's going to be easy for you.
Ziggy Thanks for everything!!!!
The way I feel right I know it will be easy. It was the 2-1 mg that had me. But now all seems to be working out. Only .35 today.
tomorrow all the way to .125. Did I mentionI feel good all things considered. Only 7.5 mg addy this morning.

I can see the end!!!

Remember by what you're doing you're inspiring others. Rooting for you not again x

^Hopefully what Ziggy said was right, maybe you got on and off quick enough....For short detoxes, its a completely different story...methadone actually works well for that too....

I think what happens is: people wanna go fast and get off, but as soon as they start getting sick they drag their feet...that's what I do!

You got this beat man! It wont be perfect, but put your head down and knock off the days! Like Rocky training for a fight!

Do you have an aftercare plan in place for when you jump? To deal with cravings? Like meetings n stuff?

Only 7.5 mg addy this morning.

I can see the end!!!

Admittedly I don't know much about Addys...and C's warnings seemed logical, but I'm not convinced that the Addys aren't helping you. I had to cut out coffee in acute WD. I threw me into worse anxiety....but it seems to be working for you. Some of the worst physical sub WDs are the leadsuit feeling and extreme weakness, and maybe the Addys will help with that...here's hoping!
Hey...I want to talk to you about your titanium can crushers. =DI need to replace some molars too...I'll write you PM tomorrow...
Ok...onward and upward! ;)

Remember by what you're doing you're inspiring others. Rooting for you not again x

I'm just working my hardest for this. I really want it. I have it. It's in my grasp. It's mind set. I'm solid now.
^Hopefully what Ziggy said was right, maybe you got on and off quick enough....For short detoxes, its a completely different story...methadone actually works well for that too....

I think what happens is: people wanna go fast and get off, but as soon as they start getting sick they drag their feet...that's what I do!

You got this beat man! It wont be perfect, but put your head down and knock off the days! Like Rocky training for a fight!
Thanks Blues,
I know there may be a bad day or a couple. However, couple days ago I was hurting bad but,, I already forgot about it. So even if it hurts you have to stay with it. The hurt passes. Might come back but not for long.

Admittedly I don't know much about Addys...and C's warnings seemed logical, but I'm not convinced that the Addys aren't helping you. I had to cut out coffee in acute WD. I threw me into worse anxiety....but it seems to be working for you. Some of the worst physical sub WDs are the leadsuit feeling and extreme weakness, and maybe the Addys will help with that...here's hoping!
Hey...I want to talk to you about your titanium can crushers. =DI need to replace some molars too...I'll write you PM tomorrow...
Ok...onward and upward! ;)

I know they are helping. I have the experience with amps to know how to do it right. That's key to anything. Knowing how to do something.
C's advice had to be said. It's actually great advice. If you have no experience with amphetamines you absolutely have no business getting them.

He was right on the money. Addys are helpful to 5% and hurtful to 95% of people in detox from opiates. This is the one weird time where I got lucky on something.

6pm and I didn't take anymore sub. That completes this day with only .35
I thought about maybe more. Because I'm hungry but nauseous.Hot but cold. Dislocated from myself a bit. Really out of sorts.

BUT!!! it's bearable and not THAT bad. It's not normal, but to get normal I have to do this for a short amount of time.I'm muscling through it.

I just put some serious work in to get me off these opiates. Almost every day going to the rehab. A good 40mins each way. staying strong as I can through the taper.

I will say this again. The hardest part was the drop from 2-1mg. After a couple weird and difficult days ( I slipped and took another .25 one of those days)I feel mush better.

I assume when I jump I will fell something like that. I have 10 days to Christmas. I will be in good shape for my daughter then. I have a lot of things to assemble. lolo
This is her first Christmas that she is very aware of. So we went way way overboard. She is certainly going to be spoiled after this.

I will keep updating. tomorrow .125. Following recommendations. Then I jump. I will jump and have a very soft landing, I won't even remember the subs.

100% of this is Mental. If it's set in your head anyone can do it. It's set in stone. I feel goosbumps writing this.
P.S the can crushers are awesome. Butttt.... They will give you opiate pain meds for the pain.
Which is funny because back then I took the meds and it didn't turn into a problem. I don't know what changed.

Anyone hear of blurry vision being a symptom of wd's?

Really weird. Yesterday too at the end of the day my vision just gets kinda blurry. I have perfect eye sight. So this has to be a side effect or WD.

I have to disagree about the no euphoria part of recreationally using subs, I know a lot of people who just got started on subs because they were 'fun' to do, when they had no real habit, or a small habit, and didn't FUCKING need them, like I did when I started, and even I should have/wish I would have done a short quick taper, now its 5+ years later and I'm still tapering down to try to get off permanently, and the same with benzos too, which I had stopped for a few months last year, then relapsed because of a very bad panic attack.

I agree these kids shouldn't be doing them, but for someone with no opioid tolerance, or little, if they say, snort the subs, hell, even sublingually, they will get high, just not the same as regular full agonist opioids.

Strange things. Not feeling right. Dislocated from my self. Had a LSD flashback that lasted a good while. It's been 5+ year since that happened. Foggy and off.

But nothing unbearable.Going to bed. Tomorrow is a new day.

As I think about it. How come a .25 is enough to take the edge off and even something I can feel?

If .25 is this powerful right now. I'm going to jump and if by the 3rd day it's horrible I'll just take a .25 and wait out another 3-4 days. Is that no good?

It's probably because there is a big difference between no drugs in your system and even a tiny dose of them.

I have been sticking to the .25 once a day for a couple of days now. Today was a little harder being Sat. Very Bored .Was going to take another .25 in the afternoon today but stayed strong and just got a coffee. What would it be like if a Jumped in a day or two??? Or could I drop to .125??? Yesterday was the first full week without Oxycodone.Been on the low dose subs for a week now.

You should be fine to jump off now. In some cases the duration that you are on the subs plays a bigger role in the withdrawals then the actual dose you jump off at. I would rather a faster 10 day detox from subs, jumping off at 1mg, than to do a 1 month taper jumping off at 0.125. In my college years I would get high during the summer maxing out around 160mg of oxy or so, and be fine using 1-2 subs to do a quick taper with.

Really weird. Yesterday too at the end of the day my vision just gets kinda blurry. I have perfect eye sight. So this has to be a side effect or WD.

Blurry vision is really common in Sub WD...they suggest not to have eye tests or glasses made until three months post sub.
My eye site got REALLY bad in WD....but it cleared up.
Sorry to hear about the flashback. Sub WD can bring up lots of weird stuff. Most seem to come and go.
Eat right, exercise and get enough sleep...and you'll be ok.

Well the w/d causes your eyes to water up, or lacrimate, a real lot. That will causes blurry vision, but it should be rectified by simply wiping your eyes off, of course it will return. I am sure you can tell the difference from a vision issue from watery eyes instead of an actual problem with the ocular system.

Blurry vision is really common in Sub WD...they suggest not to have eye tests or glasses made until three months post sub.
My eye site got REALLY bad in WD....but it cleared up.
Really? That seems kind of odd, is it just with bupe w/d?

Really? That seems kind of odd, is it just with bupe w/d?

No...I had it bad in morphine WDs too, but never noticed it during tapers..only after I jumped. It seems to clear after acute WD is over, but they suggest not having eye tests or new glasses made for a few months. I think if you google "blurry vision during opiate detox" you will find further info.

^I believe opiates have an effect on the ocular nerves, I suppose it stands to reason.

It's a heavy day. Was super hard to get out of bed. Vision ok now. Yup weird things happening. Don't even remember posting that flashback post last night. lol

Taking the smallest piece I could find. It's definitely smaller than .25. Hard to gauge at these small doses.
Today will be the last day. Jump tomorrow.

Last edited:
I was doing really good with just the .25 in am but after blowing a rear tire on the jobsite this morning with my box truck and having to head home hoping inside dual wheel would hold as I had no spare I decided to do another .125 to get the energy to perform the tire change and run around in the snow....:( I feel like a failure now. Its the energy thing that is giving me the hard time. I am soo scared that the longer I am taking this Sub it is going to get harder to drop.......

In my opinion (bare in mind I've not yet jumped so it can be only taken as an opinion) if you jump, then jump for good. Please try not to think "I'll take a .25 in a few days as it's kind of addict thinking. And it'll mess you up. I have heard that it's hard but just think "every day is closer to the end of the withdrawal process n the beginning of the rest of my life." If you feel that you are not ready maybe wait a few days but with that said that could be forever.

But make sure you sort your after care: meetings, forum support. Whatever you choose. That's vital.

You've got this.

Day 5

only 5 symptoms of WD persist; some of these might not go away though; I'm thinking I need to see a doctor re: a health condition that may be causing the majority of the symptoms (these I experience easily before oipate use).

I could bitch about the withdrawal but I'm not going to.

I'm trying to contrive a sense of "acceptance" about all of this.

There's no coincidence about the time I'm getting off of this either. I think I'll have to let you all know how I end up; be safe guys.

No Intention of taking anymore. I really didn't want to take it today, but I cut a small piece smaller than .25. Really felt like nothing.

Head strong to the win. Rehab released my program today. They did ask if I wanted to take 1mg every other day this week. I said no way.

Asked for neurontin and got it. Took 600 mg. Feels like GHB a little. Really mellowed out everything. I'm here but I'm not. Really weird feeling. I feel like the opiates are leaving and my body is saying whoa, alright I guess we have to do something.

It's putting up a little protest with the weird feelings. It seems like there might be a void that my brain is trying to fill. I will think that my brain needs to get to work and fix it's self now. I believe I can influence it with these thoughts.

Maybe I'm just crazy atm.

Jump is eminent. I've been working toward this for a while. I'm happy I finally made to this point. Feels like a big weight has lifted. Don't mind a few shitty days to get this done.

I almost wish I didn't take that piece today. I tried to cut the .25 in half, but it's real hard when it started as an 8 mg strip. You have to use tweezers and precision scissors and a magnifying glass. lololo

Posting here has helped a lot. This has been a great support method. Much better than a meeting full of sorrow and negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.