• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 5-MAPB mid-term effects

idontknow_

Greenlighter
After taking 5 and 6-APB for years spaced out by ~2 months each time and only developing minor adverse effects, I switched to 5-MAPB. At first I liked it more, though I felt it gave me ridiculously long residual effects (2 days+), instead of a comedown like 5/6.
The combo 6-APB + 5-MABP would lower my inhibitions to near zero and I would do stuff more stupid and against social norms than I could ever have imagined me doing.
The euphoria and high steadily got worse, until the overall experience was just 'meh' and somewhat anxiety ridden.

Also 5-MAPB felt slightly addictive, especially via oral or rectal ROA and would lead to slight, but controllable binges.

After about 2 grams of 5-MAPB over ~4 months I developed/exacerbated unpleasant effects, as in:
-major social anxiety
-slight shaking in stress
-occassional early parkinson's like finger/arm twitching
-medium strength depression and anhedonia
-highly elevated blood pressure
-frequent numbness of left arm
-feeling of swollen throat
-elevated cortisol levels
-light paranoia
-tinnitus (not sure if it was caused by 5-MAPB)
-brain zaps (first week after last dose only)
-ocassional nystagismus in stress- or bliss​

About 2 and a half months after my last and highest dose (~400mg over 10 hours), most of the really unpleasant effects are gone, and I feel like my emotions are re-calibrating right now. I don't think I could have gotten or worked in a job in that time period, though it was still bearable.

I've tried numeral supplemental helps, and found only Fish oil to be (very) effective in dealing with my depression. I almost felt like getting slight flashbacks from it. I'm not taking it anymore right now, to let my serotonin system re-calibrate on it's own. Also 20 minute cardio training every second day seemed to alleviate my physical problems a lot.

I can't really guarantee I wouldn't have gotten the same from a similar irresponsible use of MDMA or the other APBs, though I felt 5-MAPB had a very strong effect on serotonin and long half-life and may be more damaging.

Conclusion
Please be careful with 5-MAPB. It seems to be a very strong serotonin releaser and may result in mid to long term down-regulation of your serotonin system, which can have a number of adverse effects.