Bluelight

Thread: Kratom Interactions

1. Collapse Details
    Kratom Interactions 
    Question
    Hi everyone. I new to this site. I am trying to research and educate myself as much as I can on Kratom. It seems relatively harmless used alone, but the thing is, I'm on a few different prescribed meds and I'm trying to see if there are any interactions. I don't want to cause myself any harm. If anyone knows of any information to share or a place better to find the answer please let me know.

I am currently taking Prozac, Aderall, Lamictal, Bupropion, and Synthroid.

Thanks a bunch!

2. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    I'll send this to Basic Drug Discussion for you but as far as I'm aware there should be no interaction with these meds

nmi -> bdd
    welcome /\/\/\/\/\/\ squawk

3. Collapse Details

Hey, thanks so much. So should I go to that discussion to see if there are any replies? Or will I just get notified by my email if someone replies? If you find out any info for me please contact me

4. Collapse Details

I would think you would be fine. Here's my experience with combinations. Haven't had much problems.

Be careful with booze. A single shot an hour after dosing can really make the kratom hit harder. I think the alcohol breaks down the kratom. Any more than that and you risk an uncomfortable hangover and GI distress.

With Vyvanse the effects are nice and I typically need less kratom so I think it would be the same with adderall.

Marijuana potentiates things quite a bit but dulls out some of the stim effects

With benzos I get really sleepy. Great for a nighttime kind of thing. Will probably do this tonight as I'm totally out of weed.

5. Collapse Details

Thanks. I don't drink much anyways, however a couple of weekends ago I did Kratom while at a pig roast and I felt like I couldn't get drunk. I drank and drank but it was weird, I couldn't really tell if I even had a buzz. I enjoy the stimulant effect of the Kratom, bc I feel motivated to take on tasks around the house that I generally put off. So I don't want to do anything that puts me out. I was thinking if I was going to have a reaction would I of had it by now? Or is that not necessarily correct.

6. Collapse Details

I had a very, VERY scary interaction between 5-HTP and kratom a few years ago, although I suspect the kratom was laced with 0-desmethyltramadol (which was common with "krypton kratom"). I took less than a teaspoon, got higher than I'd ever been and was sick for a month afterward. My symptoms matched those of serotonin syndrome almost exactly. I was only taking 50 mg of 5-HTP every other day, so IDK.

The kratom was from a questionable source, so there's no telling what was in it. As for pure kratom, I'd avoid combining it with tramadol or other opiates just to reduce the risk of SS or overdose.

7. Collapse Details

^ Krypton Kratom have caused death in Sweden, Kratom extract and O-desmethyltramadol have been found in it but who knows what else was in it, thats the danger of using Brand chemicals or incense or what ever.

OP, You may experience more stimulation from Kratom because of the Bupropion and Dextroamphetamine (Adderall) mix but Kratom stimulation is very mild compare to them. You should avoid Alcohol with Kratom, its very unpleasant. Alcohol also doesnt mix well with SSRI like Fluoxetine (Prozac).

8. Collapse Details

Thanks Lady I guess one can never know for sure. I get Kratom from kratomwellness, Idk if I would trust a private source

9. Collapse Details

Thank you Quare I will take all the advice I can get!

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i dont see any problems there, kratom for all intensive purposes is just like most opioids as far as interactions, so you could have easily just searched and got this answer.

11. Collapse Details

I get a lot of mixed answers on this. I'm on an ssri bupropion and a benzo for dep/anx. I also have chronic pain from spinal fusions. I want kratom to work for the pain, but I had a strange reaction the first and only time I used it. I was nervous about it so I took a 1mg Ativan before which I have quite a tolerance to so no big. I started with 1g powdered leaf red vein with the intention of working up to 3-5g total. I felt a little anxious for 20 min or so then a slight opiate feel for an hour. I decided to up the dose so I made another 1g tea. Half way through drinking it I began to get waves of nausea. I decided to call it quits and go to bed. I felt woozy and anxious for a day and a half later. I've yet to find anyone with a reasonable answer to this other than possible over elevated serotonin level. I didn't think Kratom had serotonin effects. I was under the impression it was more like Tramadol at high doses and more stimulating at low dose. I'm still not sure about the facts on interaction but I need something for pain. Doctors hear the word chronic and instantly think I'm an drug addict or something.

12. Collapse Details

I was searching for a thread like this one so I wouldn't have to make a new one! I have a similar question: I'm on Zyprexa, Topamax, Neurontin, Tramadol (as needed) and Flexeril. Imitrex for migraines and Reglan for nausea from them. Does Kratom conflict with any of these?