• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4F-PVP Information Thread

DJTalkSin

Greenlighter
160490.jpg

After much digging, I found very little information on this research chemical. I want to make a thread on this as to provide information for fellow researchers.

This seems to be the latest chemical on the hunt for the replacement for the infamous MDPV. It is structurally similar to pyrovalerone, bearing a flourine molecule. There's little to no research on this chemical and its pharmacology. If some more chemistry savvy members could chime in on this, that would be very helpful.

I have done a trip report on my experience with 4F-PVP here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/691041-4F-PVP-Not-too-shabby

I saw that there were no previous reports on this chemical so I took the liberty of being the first guinea pig, in an effort to inform potential users of the effects on the body. Note that all of our bodies are individually unique and that this chemical may react to you differently than I. I want this thread to be a tool for harm reduction and to encourage readers to exercise safe practices with very very new research chemicals.

I have quite a bit of experience with MDPV, aPVP and, most relevantly, 4F-aPVP - or 4-Fluoroamphetamine-alpha-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone.

I can present my opinion of it briefly, without omitting much of importance.

Obviously, it's the 4-fluoro substituted analog of alpha-PVP.

The stimulation can be clean, but feels 85% NRI and (perhaps) 15% DRI. This is just my subjective opinion, but one based on many factors.

Therefore, as one would expect, the recreational potential as opposed to aPVP and MDPV is next to none. Which is probably a good thing, given the fiendish nature of these chemicals.

It is longer lasting than aPVP, but the peripheral effects are what last more significantly longer. Meaning, it's easier to think you've come down, and then redose, leading into compounded peripheral overstimulation.

The bottom line: perhaps with moderate and cognizant oral dosing, this compound could prove useful in those seeking the stimulation of a cathinone without as much abuse potential. But there are just too many ifs, ands, buts and caveats that ultimately render one feeling centrally blue-balled.

^ That makes 4F-PVP a shittier version of a shitter version (A-PVP) of a shitty stimulant (MDPV). 8(
I will happily skip that one but I enjoy reading about every obscure stim usually RC, there ever is, for fun and educational purposes, to have more complete image.
So if anyone else has some experience please share, but what I could find on other parts of the internet is pretty consistent with Vaya's report. People redosing without even realizing the comedown already started to feel a bit better, at least on MDPV you surely know what happens because there is strong difference between high and comedown. With 4F-PVP some people could chase a high that will never happen, only to be left with massive side effects without ever feeling significantly euphoric.

I doubt anyone considers 4F-PVP to be competitor to fluoro amphetamines as those have mediocre duration and extremely gradual comeup-bethere-comedown, it's intended as replacement for the likes of MDPV.

Probably the only reason why vendors desperately try to push it on the market is that closest relatives are often already banned and unlike cathinones, I believe most countries don't have blanket ban on pyrrolidines so this thing is probably legal in most of the world

It's marketing.

The PV instantly catches the eye of cathinone enthusiasts!

Just like PV8 or PV 9... They don't even bother with other letters. Ridiculous, sick.

For me, both 4F-aPVP were just... Instinctively attractive to me, based off of 4-FA and MDPV.

so this thing is probably legal in most of the world

*irony breakdance*

With 4F-PVP some people could chase a high that will never happen, only to be left with massive side effects without ever feeling significantly euphoric.

To qualify my next statement I timidly reiterate that a lot of this vile poison has passed through my body: this is actually the most shockingly accurate statement one could use to express the nature of this material. Really, reaaaaally well-put.

Just take out the 'significantly,' I might suggest.

Last edited:
Hehe thanks, I just think I can imagine the "high" of this perfectly well, having many, many experiences with real PV despite fact I never liked it much AND have tried A-PVP once, as I colorfully described in it's own thread.. instantly hated the thing, so I can imagine 98% of the whole process of 4F-PVP entering and leaving my bloodstream..

So could you please share the essentials with us, ie. usual singe dose and total consumed?

So what you're looking for is a generalized workup on my experience with dosing versus intensity and relative durations for different routes of administration?

Honestly, 10-20mg sublingualed was about all I could stand without being way too stimulated. That, and putting ~150mg into a bottle of fruit drink or something and sipping it occasionally. It provides respectable alertness - socially adept, lasting between 1 ½ & 2 ¼ hours SL and 2 ½ to 4 hours PO. Comedown felt natural. But the urge to redose, like a languid winter snake inundated with the madness brought by sunlight, reared its ugly head.

There is no escaping it.

All other ROA are either frugal or seriously dangerous. The sympathomimetic stimulation from these pyrrolidines is totally unnatural and accompanying compulsive redosing will lead to problems. Additionally, though the material can be IM'd without local irritation, it can be very caustic to mucous membranes.

*Disclaimer, Reminder and Harm Reduction Statement*

Any dose recommendation that I make is based off of extensive, yet necessarily subjective experience with this material even less well understood than a-PVP. If you are hell-bent on experimenting, you must take into consideration that these are rough numbers that applied to my body; not yours.
Exercise all caution.

Oral Dosing

• *Mild - 15-17mg
    *Appreciable - 20-30mg
    *Manic; A strong dose - 40-60mg
    *Just ... Dont. - >60mg

Sublingual/Buccal Dosing

• *Mild - 5-8mg
    *Appreciable - 10mg
    *Manic; A strong dose - 15mg
    *Just ... Dont.- ~20mg

Rectal Dosing
Experience lacking.

Intramuscular Dosing

• *Mild - 3-5mg
    *Appreciable - 6-7mg
    *Manic; A strong dose - ~10mg
    *Just ... Dont.- >15mg

Intravenous Dosing

• *Mild - 0.5-2mg
    *Appreciable - 5mg
    *Manic; A strong dose - I would advise against.
    *Just ... Dont.- Seeabovee.

Insufflation Dosing

• *Mild - 5mg
    *Appreciable - 12-15mg
    *Manic; A strong dose -200-24mg
    *Just ... Dont.-

Vaporization Dosing

• *Mild - 0.5-1.5mg
    *Appreciable - 3-7mg
    *Manic; A strong dose -7-10mg
    *Just ... Dont.- 12+mg

Any experiences of using this as a low-dose adjunct to some other substance more oriented towards actions on the 5ht-receptors?

Yes, I'd also like to say thanks to Vaya for that information. It saved me the trouble of finding out for myself. Personally, I'm one of those people who prefers a-PVP to MDPV while simultaneously hating them both with a passion.

There's something about the compulsion, and the absolute single-minded focus (obsession) that comes with a PV binge that is almost meditation like in its singularity. That's what I think I got out of it. Any sense of wellbeing was overtaken within minutes by the inescapable urge to redose, and then the cycle begins - only to finish when the supply is entirely used up.

I once tried a-PVT and found it to be something like what 4F-PVP is being described as - really just all the worst parts of the previous PVs minus the fleeting but enjoyable manic euphoric and unpredictable high that can be achieved with a-PVP or MDPV. Making it a contender for worst stimulant of all time.

I only had one experience with that substance, however, and it was not from a reputable source. In fact, it was from a notoriously hit and miss vendor of the 'selective scammer' brand.

Again, thank you. I won't even bother looking into that family anymore. I brought madness enough upon myself with a-PVP over around a dozen binges.

I found it to have action resembling uncomfortable 5ht action after a couple hours of chasing that apvp high that was out there but never reachable and after i binged on it for 6 hours hit after hit i started getting dialated pupils sweating minor motor disturbance and high hr with palpitations resembling serotonin syndrome which i have had once before so i know the feeling. It never got past the point of being just uncomfortable thank god. threw it out right after. I do take mirtazapine daily though for 4 yrs

What's the question? Did you read the thread?

I've already said thanks to Vaya, but I want to say it again. THANK YOU for providing enough information, set out in such a coherent way that I really feel I know what this substance would be like and as a result, my curiosity to try has been extinguished.

Sometimes it takes pages and pages for a thread to come to a conclusion about whether soemthing's worth trying or not, but in this case it's nice and neat. A few posts have given lots of info, and all signs point firmly to this substance being in the 'random mish mash compound' category which belongs in the trash.

Thanks a lot for the writeup of dose vs effects in all the different ROAs. that is really useful and I wish we would have this in other threads as well!
also, from the relation, it makes me realize why I spent so much time in the hospital being treated for psychosis from aPVP

I dont have much experience with the latest batch of RC's, however I have trialed 4F-pvp twice now and I'm quite please with the results so far. It is certainly a stimulant, but for me it is a very relaxed, chill, manageable in addition to possessing some decent euphoria. Pros: Mellow come up and come down, very few side effects noticed so far. It hits quickly when insuffilated but has never felt pushy or overwhelming. I provides a surprisingly clear head space and does not cause problems focusing or following a train of thought.

For me personally, it allows me to sit down and get a lot of writing done. It improves my typing skills and keeps my brain pumping out ideas. I do have to avoid tangents otherwise i can get off track but it lacks the chaotic, head scramble of meth or heavy coke use. 4F-pvp is different from most other stims ive tried, it lasts longer than cocaine and does not have the same kind of constant push to keep redoseing, only to stop when it's all gone. There is some desire to redose but after the 2nd or third booster the diminishing returns start to become really apparent. You hit a point where it just doesnt feel worth it to continue, which i think is a strong positive.

So far this stimulant has been a breath of fresh air. I would advise cautious optimism about this particular chemical flower.

CONS: So far the worst it has to offer are some minor headaches, fatigue, and some nose/throat irritation during the comedown and possibly the next day if you dont get any sleep. The duration of the peak effects are somewhat short, estimate 2-4 hours, but closer to 2 hours. I have not noticed much of a comedown both times, eventually after you stop dosing you just get tired and want to sleep, however, the residual stimulation is still present after the peak is over and can last several hours depending on total dose and all the other factors. I recommend having something to help you sleep at the end of the night. This stuff is somewhat similar to Ethylphenidate, the really good euphoria and strong buzz are relatively short lived while the leftover stimulation lasts several hours longer.

Neutral: My sample was very pure white in color. It has the texture and consistency of very fine powder. No crystals are visible. The powder is very fluffy, it seems to have a very high volume to weight ratio. It will clump up slightly but it does not seem hygroscopic. It has basically no oder, almost no taste, but it does burn the nose. Ive tried a bit orally but later snorted some small lines so I cant really give much info about oral dose, duration, effects, side effects. Though on my second trial i started by taking 40 mg orally and then 20 mg up the nose to kick things off. It seemed to produce a nice gradual build up of stimulation and euphoria.
Conclusion: I think this stuff might have a decent future. Ive not taken a-PVP or MDPV before so i can offer no comparisons there. I have used all the common stims and a few obscure ones but this was my first outing with anything pyrovalerone based. Whether it succeeds or fails im going to enjoy being one of the few to sample this novel substance.

Cheers and explore safely.

Last edited:
What are people using for average doses?

On my second trial, I consumed about 125 mg over a period of 16 plus hours. From the doses listed by Vaya it sounds like i should be totally manic right now but i feel clear headed and reasonable. Im tired but not manic or psychotic.

I did preload a few hours before dosing 4F-pvp with 2mg Etizolam and im prescribed 80 mg methadone daily. I would expect these other chems may be significantly reducing effects, side effects, stimulation, etc. In a future trial i will avoid Etizolam preloading and try to dose more than 8 hrs after my daily methadone to try to get a stronger sense of what 4F is like on its own.

I have observed that this chem makes you want to redose but it is no where near as bad as cocaine, meth, 4-MMC, and even MDMA.

I really wish I have made the effort in the past to get my hands on some MDPV before it became illegal. I tried 4-MMC and Methylone when they first arrived on the scene and enjoyed both but neither is a true replacement for MDMA. But MDPV was so foreign to me i never took the gamble on ordering some and now i may never get to try it. It seems like MDPV is the one everyone liked the best and still say it is superior to any of its analogues that are on the market today. Oh well, the future is full of all possibilities.

Last edited:
This was a complete disappointment. It is up there is mdppp and 4fa. Sorry if some people enjoy it , explaining. Why sometime . This 4f-pvp was the first of 6 or 7 new chemicals that I didn't blow right threw. In fact I still ha e some after a month and a half.
Save your money, go with A-php, pv-8, pv-9. it varies which is first but pv-8 is last , but still deserves a medal for competing and finishing the race.