• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it safe to mix mirtazapine and cocaine?

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
I did a line but I wanna do more before it gets too late tonight. And I have been on 30mg mirtazapine for 1 year for major depressive disorder. Please help me and answer quick I been searching Internet all night and can't find a solid answer. Peace

I and I only have half a gram of coke. But it's really strong pure

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixing stimulants and serotonergics can be dangerous if the dosages are excessive. Serotonin toxicity/syndrome is a risk. Just don't go overboard on the coke, or better yet, skip the antidepressant.

Thanks ya I worry about serotonin syndrome. I ended up not taking mirtazapine for a day and only did a little coke. I usually don't do coke. Maybe once a year. But I couldn't turn it down this time cuz it was the purest coke I have ever seen in my life. Thanks I couldn't find I good answer on google. I probably won't do coke again for a year or two. I wanna stay safe and I mostly just like downers. I have an anxiety disorder so sometimes uppers give me panic attacks. Thank you just wanna stay safe. Peace

Cociane is going to magnify your depression as your brain will respond to being flooded with serotonin by shutting down production= low mood after use, over the long term the brain can remove serotonin receptors leaving you wihtout rewards for activities such as friendship, sex and love (as well as eating).

every shortcut has a price

^pasha.

Mirtazapine is an antiserotonergic. It blocks serotonin receptors, as opposed to preventing reuptake of serotonin like other antidepressants. There isn't a risk for serotonin syndrome from the two, as serotonin syndrome results from overactivity of excitatory postsynaptic 5-HT receptors, such as the 5-HT 2 receptors, which mirtazapine antagonizes (it also blocks the excitatory 5-HT 3 receptors as well)

I'm on mirtazapine 30mg. I also do coke sometimes and I've found that mirtazapine relieves the come down effect of the coke and also blocks the cokes stimulating effect on ur heart and lungs. This makes sense as mirtazapine is an antagonist of the receptors coke inhibit. So if the serotonergic / dopamine receptors are being antagonised it sort of blocks or reverses the effect of coke.

I'm on mirtazapine 30mg. I also do coke sometimes and I've found that mirtazapine relieves the come down effect of the coke and also blocks the cokes stimulating effect on ur heart and lungs. This makes sense as mirtazapine is an antagonist of the receptors coke inhibit. So if the serotonergic / dopamine receptors are being antagonised it sort of blocks or reverses the effect of coke.

This thread is years old, bud. Moving tonl archive m